PDA

View Full Version : Tennis partner sites

J-Mac
01-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi, I've found a bunch of players to play on TW message boards.

Has anyone had any luck with http://www.TennisTour.org or Mesh Tennis?

MeshTennis has a really nice layout.

The TennisTour site is cool because I can connect to facebook and join a league although it's most active in the NorthWest, LA has the second largest group of members.

I also play USTA but was hoping to be able to play between my USTA matches a bit more.

Anyone had any success finding partners on some of these sites?

schwuller
01-10-2009, 11:29 AM
j-mac, i have not used either of the sites you mentioned. however, let me tell you how i have met my hitting crew!
1. usta league play. and i make myself available for hitting sessions, warm ups, etc.
2. craigslist! i have never met anyone over a 3.5 with it, but so what. the nicest people i hit with, and the most eager to play whenever i contact them, has been via craigslist. and they love all of my geeky advice on equipment and technique.
3. chatting with other people! my sister is very chatty. whenever i play with her, if anyone shows up without a partner, she invariably invites them to hit with us. 50% of the time i find this annoying. but, truth be told, i have several regular hitting partners that i have met that way. so now i make the invites myself.
basically that is it for me. i keep a note pad and my blackberry in my bag, to give out and take down numbers/emails.

J-Mac
01-10-2009, 12:41 PM
schwuller thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to give Craigslist a try.