PDA

View Full Version : Finger Technique Weaving Crosses

kenshireen
01-10-2009, 09:27 AM
I have tried to get this down and it is driving me nuts... Do you put one forefinger on top and one forefinger and bottom?...Everytime I try it is very difficult to move the string to the next main. How much lead string should I have beyond my finger tips or do I squeeze the tip of the string with both fingers.

Any help would be appreciated

TennezSport
01-10-2009, 11:39 AM
That is one way to do it, but are you weaving one string ahead??? This will help greatly in making pushing or pulling string; whichever method you use. It will also limit you from burning the string. Good luck.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

Nanshiki
01-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Some strings and some racquets are harder to weave crosses with.

Dags
01-10-2009, 02:11 PM
YULitle has a video of weaving crosses. A link can be found in: This Thread (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=172626)

There are also some helpful tips if you take the time to read through the thread... things such as to use as much of your fingers as possible, rather than just your fingertips.

william7gr
01-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Practice Practice Practice. I have seen my weaving improved through my first two jobs.

hellojeffo
01-11-2009, 06:29 AM
and it helps if your fingers are not sweaty... a tiny bit of moisture will help, as too dry a finger will not have much grip....