PDA

View Full Version : Help with Weiss Cannon Silver String Tension

Matty G
01-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Iv decided to change from my beloved BBO because of its very bad tension maintenance. I'm switching to Weiss Cannon Silver String probably , I just need help with the tension. I love freshly strung BBO at 56 so what would you suggest i string Weiss Cannon Silver String at? I know the two string are not very similar but Weiss Cannon Silver String has got very good reviews especial for tension maintenance. Thanks for all the help!
Matty G

jrod
01-10-2009, 11:07 AM
If you like BBO at 56 lbs and don't like it after it loses 3-5 lbs, then string the WCSS at 56 lbs. It will lose some tension but not nearly as fast or as much in the same period of time. I find it to be softer than BBO so you might even be able to get away with it strung higher than 56 lbs. You'll probably need to experiment with a few sets to get the feel right for you.

Matty G
01-10-2009, 11:16 AM
If you like BBO at 56 lbs and don't like it after it loses 3-5 lbs, then string the WCSS at 56 lbs. It will lose some tension but not nearly as fast or as much in the same period of time. I find it to be softer than BBO so you might even be able to get away with it strung higher than 56 lbs. You'll probably need to experiment with a few sets to get the feel right for you.

Thanks i was thinking about 58 ? Does that sound too high ?

TennezSport
01-10-2009, 11:49 AM

WC SS is a little softer than Lux BBO so I think 58 may be a good starting point for your first attempt with WC.

Another string you may want to try is Kirschbaum, as their new co-poly string is really amazing. Great combo of power, control, comfort and FEEL (yea, great feel for a poly). Both Pro-line II or Spiky Shark for more spin, are excellent. Good luck and have fun.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

MarrratSafin
01-10-2009, 02:09 PM

Yeah I believe 58 would be ideal for you. For me I string Sliverstring at 55 and before I was using BB Alu Power and string that at 53. Slightly higher for the Silverstring, as it is softer than the Luxilon.

Matty G
01-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Thanks guy I think 58 should be perfect!

jrod
01-11-2009, 06:14 AM
WC SS is a little softer than Lux BBO so I think 58 may be a good starting point for your first attempt with WC.

Another string you may want to try is Kirschbaum, as their new co-poly string is really amazing. Great combo of power, control, comfort and FEEL (yea, great feel for a poly). Both Pro-line II or Spiky Shark for more spin, are excellent. Good luck and have fun.

TennezSport- How does the new Krischbaum co-poly compare to WCSS? What is their new co-poly called?

TennezSport
01-11-2009, 11:19 AM
TennezSport- How does the new Krischbaum co-poly compare to WCSS? What is their new co-poly called?

The new KB string is Spiky Shark(KBSS) which is a rough version of the Pro-Line II(KB_PLII) co-poly string. This string is even softer than WCSS and has more feel; better on touch shots (at least for me), and the rough surface helps with spin. You can make this string feel more crisp by going up in tension a few pounds, but if you really like a crisp feeling poly WCSS or MSV Focus Hex is the way to go. KB_PLII/KBSS is one of the softest co-poly strings we have ever tested, but still has good power, control and feel; very nice! BTW all strings are 17g (1.25).

jrod
01-11-2009, 11:43 AM
The new KB string is Spiky Shark(KBSS) which is a rough version of the Pro-Line II(KB_PLII) co-poly string. This string is even softer than WCSS and has more feel; better on touch shots (at least for me), and the rough surface helps with spin. You can make this string feel more crisp by going up in tension a few pounds, but if you really like a crisp feeling poly WCSS or MSV Focus Hex is the way to go. KB_PLII/KBSS is one of the softest co-poly strings we have ever tested, but still has good power, control and feel; very nice! BTW all strings are 17g (1.25).

Thanks! I currently use WCSS(53 lbs) in a hybrid with gut mains (55). I will definitely give KB a try. I'll give the KB_PL2 a shot since I use the poly in the crosses it seems the KBSS would be a bit of a waste.