PDA

View Full Version : hair buzzer

Steve Dykstra
01-10-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm looking to buy a good hair buzzer so I can give myself the crew cut. I have had a couple of the cheap sets they sell at target for about $10, but they don't last long before the clips start to be too loose on the buzzer and make it hard to use.

I tried to buy a more expensive better one, and thought this one from Remington sounded good: http://www.remington-store.com/product_detail.asp?CAT=grooming&SKW=remcutk&T1=REM+SC-100RC

It is supposed to cut hair in less time, but when I tried to use it got clogged up immediately and I had to take it apart. It would have probably taken me two hours to shave my head since it gets clogged so quickly, so I sent it back.

Does anyone know a good one I can get for up to $75? Battery charged and cordless would be nice, but not necessary.

albino smurf
01-11-2009, 05:16 AM
Ask a barber or go to a beauty supply store. Mine from Target works fine for 10 years now, just do the upkeep with oil and screwdriver.

albino smurf
01-11-2009, 05:17 AM
or get a flowbee. local barber uses one and swears by it.

TheShaun
01-11-2009, 07:05 AM
the key is to oil after or before every use. i've had a rechargeable conair one for a number of years. works great and paid about $30.

mucat
01-12-2009, 11:31 AM
I use a cheap Wahl cutter. Cost me $30 and I used it probably 10 times now, save me tons of money.