PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon M2

chrisstopherr
01-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Has anyone received their free sample of M2 from Luxilon?

Post here when you do because I don't know anyone who has.

Post reviews with tension and as much detail as possible please!

Jsa2u
01-10-2009, 10:16 PM
I got mine exactly one month after I signed up! I am pretty stoked! I tensioned at 65lbs. Great control and I am sure with a little tension drop I could get more power. It is very durable and solid feeling. Good Luck.:)

chrisstopherr
01-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Really? Sweet, I'm pretty excited to try mine. I'm a high school player and Tennis Season starts beginning of March. So I'm contemplating between trying the M2 out before season and trying to make a switch before season comes. (I'd prefer not to go through a string change during season) I use Ashaway Crossfire II right now. So hopefully I get them soon enough.

davidahenry
01-11-2009, 06:17 AM
I received mine this past week - well over a month from the time I signed up. Haven't strung it up yet though.

DH

topspin
01-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Received mine last week. Won't be trying it until the snow melts (at this rate it looks like it will be around june).

beckham
01-11-2009, 07:30 AM
Really? Sweet, I'm pretty excited to try mine. I'm a high school player and Tennis Season starts beginning of March. So I'm contemplating between trying the M2 out before season and trying to make a switch before season comes. (I'd prefer not to go through a string change during season) I use Ashaway Crossfire II right now. So hopefully I get them soon enough.

wow...sorry this isn't related to the thread, but your season starts late. Mine starts the begining of feb, but we are starting 3 weeks early to do yoga and palatis(sp?) and strength training.Just thought i'd share.

am22fcw
01-11-2009, 10:14 AM
I got mine around 6 weeks after I ordered it. Right now i have it in a hybrid with Babolat xcel power. I love this string! it does everything that it says its supposed to do. it plays really well from the baseline. it is so versatile. volleys are amazing with this string. overall i would give it a 9/10 and i am definitley going to buy it when its available.

oneguy21
01-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Don't know if this is ethical, but I asked 6 neighbors to place an order for this free string, so that they can give it to me when it arrives (they don't play tennis). You gotta admit, other people probably did this to.

davidahenry
01-11-2009, 10:52 AM
Don't know if this is ethical, but I asked 6 neighbors to place an order for this free string, so that they can give it to me when it arrives (they don't play tennis). You gotta admit, other people probably did this to.

I received two sets. One to my house, and one to my parent's house. :)

DH

RestockingTues
01-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Haven't gotten mine. :( Cause of that guy ^^

davidahenry
01-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Haven't gotten mine. :( Cause of that guy ^^

If me receiving two sets causes you to not receive yours, send me an email, and I'll give you a set. :-)

Take care.

DH

am22fcw
01-11-2009, 11:08 AM

haha nope i did the same thing. You dont have to use different neighbors. it says it would only send 1 per address. i used everybody in my household and i got 4 sets!

Blade0324
01-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Yeah I got 4 sets buy having them sent to home work parents etc. I got it in about 5 weeks and strung it up last week and tried it this weekend. Full job at 60,59 in my MGPP. It has good life and is really a nice string. I find it to be pretty similar to Sonic Pro but not quite as soft. Time will tell how the tension holds up.

Jsa2u
01-11-2009, 04:36 PM
what is a good tension? I am going from PSGD @65lbs. I am prone to tennis elbow but want to be able to keep control as well. Any suggestions?

tony_ace
01-11-2009, 07:22 PM
WHen I go to http://www.protennis.us/m2request.asp and fill out the form the next page give me some bunk error message. Is this the correct link?? :-?

jim e
01-11-2009, 07:41 PM
WHen I go to http://www.protennis.us/m2request.asp and fill out the form the next page give me some bunk error message. Is this the correct link?? :-?

The offer is probably over now, as it started 2 months ago. That was the latest link.

tony_ace
01-11-2009, 07:56 PM
The offer is probably over now, as it started 2 months ago. That was the latest link.

Ah bummer. Okay thanks.

chrisstopherr
01-11-2009, 10:12 PM
wow...sorry this isn't related to the thread, but your season starts late. Mine starts the begining of feb, but we are starting 3 weeks early to do yoga and palatis(sp?) and strength training.Just thought i'd share.

dang, really? i guess my season does start pretty late, i'm in socal, so thats how it is for all schools here.

chrisstopherr
01-11-2009, 10:15 PM
If me receiving two sets causes you to not receive yours, send me an email, and I'll give you a set. :-)

Take care.

DH

man, i'll gladly take that set, no joke. hahaha. i'm getting so impatient to try it out, i've heard really good reviews from people.