PDA

View Full Version : Unemployment Keeps Rising

Tchocky
01-10-2009, 09:48 PM
We had another bad jobs report on Friday. The unemployment rate is currently at 7.2% nationwide but this figure does not include those who have been out of work for over 6 months or those who are working part time because they have had their hours cut and cannot find full time work. I'm sure many of you know at least one person who is out of work. Many states are running out of funds to pay unemployment benefits. The only question remains is how high will unemployment go before companies stop laying off workers and start hiring again. Obama recently announced a stimulus program that would create over 4 million jobs predominately from the private sector. This sounds intriguing but not likely at least in the short term and he has yet to provide any details.

albino smurf
01-11-2009, 05:14 AM
Don't forget a lot of people who are getting new jobs are making less wages and/or fewer benefits. I'm hoping everything starts to get a bit better in two years.

quest01
01-11-2009, 11:32 AM
It's a tough time right now economically in terms of employment and trying to find a job or career. The reason why the unemployment rate is where it's at today is due most in part to poor job performance which leads to being fired and NOT being laid off. I will say this a little more clearly so people understand most people who are unemployed deserved to be that way due to poor job performance not because a business went under and management was forced to layoff workers.

They're are several reasons why people are unemployed but the vast majority are because of termination due to missing work, frequent tardiness, sleeping on the job, doing drugs, and in certain circumstances sexual harrasment. (these are just a few examples)

bad_call
01-11-2009, 04:55 PM
It's a tough time right now economically in terms of employment and trying to find a job or career. The reason why the unemployment rate is where it's at today is due most in part to poor job performance which leads to being fired and NOT being laid off. I will say this a little more clearly so people understand most people who are unemployed deserved to be that way due to poor job performance not because a business went under and management was forced to layoff workers.

They're are several reasons why people are unemployed but the vast majority are because of termination due to missing work, frequent tardiness, sleeping on the job, doing drugs, and in certain circumstances sexual harrasment. (these are just a few examples)

you on dope? LMAO!!!

movdqa
01-11-2009, 05:58 PM
We had a credit bubble with exponential growth to support the bubble. The air is no being let out. It is painful.

NickC
01-11-2009, 06:26 PM
you on dope? LMAO!!!

What the hell is dope?

Anyway, the post a few posts above this one is right, kind of. Yes, people are unemployed for those things. However, sometimes large layoffs are caused by mismanagement by the guys wearing suits and working in the corporate offices. It goes both ways.

With that being said, I sincerely hope that the current situation gets better. Much better.

CHOcobo
01-11-2009, 06:41 PM
i'd say over 16%. employers are demanding more and more out of everyone. they want perfect workers.

bad_call
01-12-2009, 03:39 PM
What the hell is dope?

Anyway, the post a few posts above this one is right, kind of. Yes, people are unemployed for those things. However, sometimes large layoffs are caused by mismanagement by the guys wearing suits and working in the corporate offices. It goes both ways.

With that being said, I sincerely hope that the current situation gets better. Much better.

you're kidding right? maybe try a web search or something.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
01-12-2009, 04:33 PM
What the hell is dope?

Dope is what bad_call is on. :)

Unemployment is gonna go down. But the economic stimulus plan Obama is pushing could be key. I see it as the reincarnation of the New Deal which helped America recover after the stock market crash.

s2000red
01-12-2009, 04:37 PM
I see it as the reincarnation of the New Deal which helped America recover after the stock market crash.
Today 07:39 PM

Read a little history. The US stayed in the Great Depression about 6 years longer than the rest of the world thanks to the New Deal.

NickC
01-12-2009, 05:53 PM
you're kidding right? maybe try a web search or something.

My parents call it dope. Must be a generation gap. We call it pot.

bad_call
01-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Dope is what bad_call is on. :)

Unemployment is gonna go down. But the economic stimulus plan Obama is pushing could be key. I see it as the reincarnation of the New Deal which helped America recover after the stock market crash.

nah...IPA micro brews are my vice. dope is inferred based on the OP's narrow view...tunnel vision.

i have reservations with the current stimulus plan. hopefully the upcoming administration will see things clearer as they proceed.