PDA

View Full Version : afraid of warping my racquet

dcjaybutchdc
01-10-2009, 11:47 PM
so i am finally going to TRY polyster strings. i was thinking hybrid MSV focus hex mains and NRG2 crosses.

i heard low tension (around 45) poly is nice, if you are coming from multifilaments, so i thought of doing that. BUT, i wouldnt want NRG2 around there, i'd want it about 55. so i am thinking, would that warp my racquet bad? is 45lb poly only good on a full job? What tension should the poly mains be what should the multifilament crosses be if i am going to hybrid like that coming from 55lbs full multi?

dcjaybutchdc
01-11-2009, 11:51 AM
bump =( 10char

Jonny S&V
01-11-2009, 11:59 AM
so i am finally going to TRY polyster strings. i was thinking hybrid MSV focus hex mains and NRG2 crosses.

i heard low tension (around 45) poly is nice, if you are coming from multifilaments, so i thought of doing that. BUT, i wouldnt want NRG2 around there, i'd want it about 55. so i am thinking, would that warp my racquet bad? is 45lb poly only good on a full job? What tension should the poly mains be what should the multifilament crosses be if i am going to hybrid like that coming from 55lbs full multi?

I would do 45/50 lbs just to be on the safe side. It takes a big difference in mains and crosses to warp a racquet, but I can't remember the rule of thumb... :-?

J011yroger
01-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Keep the Mains and Crosses within 5lbs of each other.

J

ag200boy
01-11-2009, 03:00 PM
i would go with 49/54

iplaybetter
01-11-2009, 03:13 PM
if your concern is frame distortion than keep the difference between the to to 5lbs at most

Bud
01-11-2009, 04:36 PM

Try it with 45# poly mains and 50# MF crosses. It's better to have the poly strung looser than tighter with a soft string because it's so much stiffer. In other words... you may not have good results with 50# poly mains and 45# MF crosses. That combo may slightly flatten the racquet head (i.e. make it more round).

A really easy frame to flatten is a PT 280/630.