PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova won't compete at AO!!!!!

Mashafun
01-11-2009, 02:51 AM
Sharapova said that she is still not ready for competetive play. Her shoulder is OK but she's not ready. After AO , Sahrapova probably will be knocke out of TOP 20! For the first time in five years. Then Sharapova says that she only need another three weeks for training... Hopefuly only three weeks caouse she have 1000 points to defent in Doha, if she won't be ready to there she possibly will fell anothe couple of places to about 30...

halalula1234
01-11-2009, 02:58 AM
well i think its best for her to completely get back on form then come back cus if the shoulder is still a little bit damaged somewhere u dont want it to go soo bad again.

mrDamien
01-11-2009, 03:25 AM
I gonna miss you........:(.

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20090111/25/ec45d719f304e4af6b9154eaba42b98a.jpg

MarrratSafin
01-11-2009, 03:30 AM
Yeah I'm sad I miss watching Maria.:( But yeah she needs to make a full recovery, not force herself back earlier than supposed and have the injury coming back again. Let's hope this will be the end of that awful shoulder injury that's been there for like one whole year! If she fully recovers it doesn't matter how far she drops in the ranking she'll be back to top in no time.:)

martini1
01-11-2009, 03:44 AM
Rankings don't mean much compare to a career. If her doctors tell her she needed more time, she may need to play in some smaller matches before going back to a slam.

I am disappointed too. Hopefull she will be back soon enough.

tennisgirl90
01-11-2009, 03:50 AM
I don't think she cares that much about her ranking. When she is fully fit and she starts to play again, she will take her place again. It's important for her to recover fully from that shoulderinjury. Sad she won't play at the Australian Open, but probably this is the only right decision.

HydroYang
01-11-2009, 03:51 AM
Even though I don't like Maria that much (mostly because of the grunt) I am kind of sad that she can't defend her title, now it's there for Ana to take!!

MarrratSafin
01-11-2009, 03:58 AM
Even though I don't like Maria that much (mostly because of the grunt) I am kind of sad that she can't defend her title, now it's there for Ana to take!!

As if Ivanovic will win. I can't bear the thought of it.:shock: I hope Dementieva or Safina can win the AO.

Mashafun
01-11-2009, 06:05 AM
well i think its best for her to completely get back on form then come back cus if the shoulder is still a little bit damaged somewhere u dont want it to go soo bad again.

As i said... her shoulder is fully recovered but she haven't got enough time to prepere herself to compete at AO.

Morrissey
01-11-2009, 08:26 AM
I hope the Williams don't show up either so that way ESPN has no reason to show women's tennis during the AO. But as for her being out, it's not good for the WTA because they need her right now. And so do us guys who like looking at her too. :-)

Sentinel
01-11-2009, 08:29 AM
aw shucks, i'll miss her.
She and Davydenko.

Mick
01-11-2009, 08:59 AM
i don't know about the wta but if an atp player was out for this long, his chance of catching up with the rest of the field is pretty slim.

even for us amateur level players, if you stopped playing (competitively) for 6 six months and then came back, all your hitting partners would destroy you. and maybe they don't even have to do that, they would let you destroy yourself by making the unforced errors.

NickC
01-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Now I won't have to mute my TV when ESPN shows a women's match!

oneguy21
01-11-2009, 09:36 AM
:shock: How sad! I wonder what gave her problems in the first place (racquet, forehand, serve)?

SempreSami
01-11-2009, 10:34 AM
I hope the Williams don't show up either so that way ESPN has no reason to show women's tennis during the AO. But as for her being out, it's not good for the WTA because they need her right now. And so do us guys who like looking at her too. :-)

They'd just show re-runs of the US Open match and Serena jumping around like she was having a seizure.

All-rounder
01-11-2009, 10:40 AM
im not surprised i saw this coming this is career threatening now as she hasn't had one solid tourney since wimbledon

oneguy21
01-11-2009, 10:44 AM
That's what you get for using a bad forehand technique.

jones101
01-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Smart decision IMO.

She is being sensible and even if she comes back as late as Miami (where should would be ranked in the 20's by then), she woul still probably be top 10 by the years end if she can play the rest of the season healthy.