PDA

View Full Version : tecnifibre nrg2 or something similar

Mr. Forehand
01-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Hey,
I havent really experimented with strings too much so Im looking for some opinions.
I have played the past year or so with technifibre nrg2 17 and really like it for the most part. I am not a string breaker and while this string does last for a good while, it starts to fray a little too soon for my liking. I feel like Im losing some control because of this long before they actually get too terrible to play with.
Last time I had the racquet restrung they did not have this so I went with the prince Problend. I liked it at first but am starting to feel it in my arm so I will not be using this again.
I play with a Prince o3 Tour Midplus. I dont hit with a lot of power and Im not looking for a string to give me power either. I like control first and foremost.
Can you guys please suggest some other strings that are similar to nrg2, arm friendly, and will last a decent amount of time?
Thanks for any input.

oneguy21
01-11-2009, 08:49 AM
Hey,
I havent really experimented with strings too much so Im looking for some opinions.
I have played the past year or so with technifibre nrg2 17 and really like it for the most part. I am not a string breaker and while this string does last for a good while, it starts to fray a little too soon for my liking. I feel like Im losing some control because of this long before they actually get too terrible to play with.
Last time I had the racquet restrung they did not have this so I went with the prince Problend. I liked it at first but am starting to feel it in my arm so I will not be using this again.
I play with a Prince o3 Tour Midplus. I dont hit with a lot of power and Im not looking for a string to give me power either. I like control first and foremost.
Can you guys please suggest some other strings that are similar to nrg2, arm friendly, and will last a decent amount of time?
Thanks for any input.

Tecnifibre x1 biphase 16 is similar to nrg2, but has better durability and control. If you want just string your nrg2 in the mains and a poly in the crosses. This will give you a combination of feel and control. I don't suggest you put the poly in the main. It'll be waste of money then.

ESP#1
01-11-2009, 09:33 AM
try sensation or a prince multi on the crosses and a poly on the mains

NickC
01-11-2009, 10:02 AM
I reccomend gut if you can afford it. A buddy of mine who used to play ITF ball uses either nrg2 or X-1 Biphase in the crosses with VS Team in the mains (both strings in 16 guage, but I also think he uses a really thick gut, do they make it in 15 guage?). He strung it around 52 pounds, then increased the tension with string savers in the sweetspot. I got to try it once (in a LM Prestige mid) and it felt amazing. Try that.

TennezSport
01-11-2009, 10:30 AM
If you really like the feel of the Tec NRG2 17, then you may want to try Tec's TGV 1.25 which is a more durable crisper multi string. Good luck and have fun.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

Mr. Forehand
01-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone.
Could someone elaborate on why or why not you would put a poly in the mains or crosses?
Also, Im thinking of going with a hybrid of the nrg2 to try and get a little more durability. The guy who normally strings my racquet can string it with either Wilson Enduro Pro or Big Banger. Are any of those two crossed with the nrg2 a good idea to try? Keep in mind that I dont break strings and would like something arm friendly.
I may try some of the other suggestions as well but I know this is available to me so Id like to make it work if I can.
Thanks again for your help.

Navy Gator
01-12-2009, 03:24 PM
I personally wouldn't put poly anywhere near my racquet if my arm was starting to hurt. I can buy strings all day but I can't buy my way to an arm that is 100%.

Valjean
01-13-2009, 04:23 AM
....Also, I'm thinking of going with a hybrid of the nrg2 to try and get a little more durability....Keep in mind that I dont break strings and would like something arm friendly....
You seem a bit confused about what you wanted at first, and why you do, too.