PDA

View Full Version : Bates college in ME

zebra_cam
01-11-2009, 02:13 PM
My sister and brother in law both graduated from there, does anyone know first hand how good they are? I looked at their website and they are very good, i just wante dto double check with you all on this forum

maratsafin5
01-11-2009, 02:37 PM
My sister and brother in law both graduated from there, does anyone know first hand how good they are? I looked at their website and they are very good, i just wante dto double check with you all on this forum

ehh, D3 is never very good, but I'm sure they have pretty decent players.

zebra_cam
01-11-2009, 03:04 PM
whats exactly is wrong with D3?

maratsafin5
01-11-2009, 03:14 PM
D3 is perfectly fine with me, but if I had the chance to either play in the worst D1 tennis school or the best D3 tennis school, it'd be D1 by a mile. However, I do recognize D3 players as solid, and some as great players. Do you have any clips from their matches?

NickC
01-11-2009, 03:45 PM
D3 is perfectly fine with me, but if I had the chance to either play in the worst D1 tennis school or the best D3 tennis school, it'd be D1 by a mile. However, I do recognize D3 players as solid, and some as great players. Do you have any clips from their matches?

D3 players aren't all that bad. Eric Butorac won the D3 singles and dubs titles and then turned pro. He's not doing too bad on the dubs circut.

maratsafin5
01-11-2009, 04:53 PM
D3 players aren't all that bad. Eric Butorac won the D3 singles and dubs titles and then turned pro. He's not doing too bad on the dubs circut.

When did I EVER say they were bad? I actually said the direct opposite. All D3 players are solid, and even some are great. However, D1 just looks better sounds better, and for 99.9% is better.

zachattack698
03-21-2009, 06:01 AM
my college played them yesterday, yes they are all pretty solid, but they are all a bunch of selfish stuck up kids who think they are better then you so.

wilsonplayer
03-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Top 20 D3 teams are all very good. Middlebury, Williams, and Amherst all have exceptional players. Middlebury could easily compete with some Top 75 schools (I have watched Amherst and compared them to some schools barely inside the top 75 like Maryland (#71) and I think they would win). D1 is certainly not 99% better, as there are what, 250 or something D1 tennis teams? So the farther down the list you go, the more D1 and D3 schools are comparable. We just only like to talk about the best D1 schools.

Joeyg
03-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Don't forget the UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs! Perennial DIII powerhouses.

10isDad
03-25-2009, 04:01 PM
D3 is perfectly fine with me, but if I had the chance to either play in the worst D1 tennis school or the best D3 tennis school, it'd be D1 by a mile.
Hopefully you are just stating a personal preference because you like the big school atmosphere. If you're intimating that the "worst" D-1 school can beat the "best" D-3
team then you're sadly mistaken.

Heck, this past Sunday a D-1 team lost to a local community college (a 2 year junior college) without their full line-up. There is a local D-2 team that would lose to several of the high schools in Phoenix.

Bottom line is there is a HUGE range of team depth in all the divisions.

Some people go to D-3 schools to avoid the monster population schools - and in many cases D-3 schools are more academically rigorous than D-1 schools.

cncretecwbo
04-01-2009, 11:31 AM
you realize top d3 players are better than the 1's on the worst d1 teams...

playing for a bad d1 team because it sounds better probably isnt, youll just have to explain your losing record to everyone