PDA

View Full Version : Question on Verdasco, Coach, emotions ..

rk_sports
01-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Watched Verdasco for the first time in a whole match.. in Brisbane Finals..

Question to his fans and others who follow him..

Reactions during points from Verdasco and his coach(?) were extreme (IMO) to say the least .. during a point he reacted like he won a GS .. fell on the court.. is this how he/coach normally react in all his matches? :confused:

orangettecoleman
01-11-2009, 10:21 PM
he just periodically remembers that he is sleeping with ana ivanovic and starts spontaneously celebrating in the middle of a match.

jetlee2k
01-11-2009, 10:24 PM
yeah.. it seems Verdasco was kind of difference guy.. he was not used to react like that before.. that was my impression too.. it was way over react or bump.. I guess he's trying to get into Stepanek mind..

Talking about Stepanek.. man.. the guy I think trying to make his fashion statement.. Weird outfit.. weird racquet.. weird look.. weird worm dancing.. and sometimes weird style of playing.. I think the women like him b/c he's WEIRD..

Chauvalito
01-11-2009, 10:34 PM
yeah.. it seems Verdasco was kind of difference guy.. he was not used to react like that before.. that was my impression too.. it was way over react or bump.. I guess he's trying to get into Stepanek mind..

Talking about Stepanek.. man.. the guy I think trying to make his fashion statement.. Weird outfit.. weird racquet.. weird look.. weird worm dancing.. and sometimes weird style of playing.. I think the women like him b/c he's WEIRD..

You forgot weird face. :)

rk_sports
01-11-2009, 10:34 PM

lol..probably wierd women? except I wouldn't have thought neither Hingis nor Nicole Vaidisova is one of them ;)

like his all-round game.. but huh.. it seems like he wants to be that wierd guy :shock:

Noveson
01-11-2009, 10:38 PM
he just periodically remembers that he is sleeping with ana ivanovic and starts spontaneously celebrating in the middle of a match.

Hah great one. Would you mind if I put that in my sig?

tacou
01-11-2009, 10:43 PM
you have emotional questions?? sounds pretty existential my friend, you might wanna ttake this to another board.

rk_sports
01-11-2009, 10:49 PM
you have emotional questions?? sounds pretty existential my friend, you might wanna ttake this to another board.

sorry..not ;) didn't know there were 'rules' here.. duh

tacou
01-11-2009, 10:53 PM
lemme tell you one thing.

every point I ever one against the worm, I'd call it from the roof tops.

Leelord337
01-11-2009, 10:53 PM
the coach reminded me of robby williams

flyer
01-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Watched Verdasco for the first time in a whole match.. in Brisbane Finals..

Question to his fans and others who follow him..

Reactions during points from Verdasco and his coach(?) were extreme (IMO) to say the least .. during a point he reacted like he won a GS .. fell on the court.. is this how he/coach normally react in all his matches? :confused:

actually no not really, historically he has just kind of let his emotionas get the best of him and after an initial forhand barrage just faded.....what you saw was pretty irregular

i like his coach because he keeps verdasco in the match and motivated, some players don't need this but verdasco needs somebody to get in his face and tell him to play

thats the only match you saw and it was a match against the wacky stepanek so you can't make much of it other than that he didn't win, you should watch him again hes absolutely breath taking to watch at times

i think the reason verdasco was kind of playing safer at the end of his match is because his coach is trying to get him to build points more and rally instead of going for broke all the time like he used too, to be consistent this is the right strategy

but against stepanek i think he should have just ripped the forehand because hes got stepanek out gunned but neutralized that advantage by rallying and stepanek was able to completely disrupt verdasco's rhythm

vbranis
01-12-2009, 12:58 PM

ROTFL! Funniest post in I've read in a while.

Verdasco: "It's 30-all. I've got to break down Stepanek's forehand, and stay consistent. No more stupid mistakes. Oh wait, I'm sleeping with Ana Ivanovic...Vamooooos!" <begins pumping fist and celebrating wildly>

veroniquem
01-12-2009, 01:32 PM
That has got to get the award for funniest post of the year :lol:

Noveson
01-12-2009, 09:06 PM
That has got to get the award for funniest post of the year :lol:

And I dibs'd it:) In case he lets me use it remember that haha. You can't quote yourself after all.

orangettecoleman
01-12-2009, 09:28 PM
if you would like to use it in your signature, feel free. in any case, i think verdasco is just basically hyperemotional all the time. i'm not sure he even understands the magnitude of everyday happenings in a match. he wins a point, he freaks out and starts busting out champagne bottles. he gets a bad call, he runs out to the parking lot and drives into the stadium trying to run down the line judge. he's pretty much bonkers.

Noveson
01-12-2009, 09:35 PM
if you would like to use it in your signature, feel free. in any case, i think verdasco is just basically hyperemotional all the time. i'm not sure he even understands the magnitude of everyday happenings in a match. he wins a point, he freaks out and starts busting out champagne bottles. he gets a bad call, he runs out to the parking lot and drives into the stadium trying to run down the line judge. he's pretty much bonkers.

Gracias my friend. Your whole name would not fit I am sorry.

Anyways I agree with the bonkers statement. Verdasco seems to overreact to just about all match situations, and then mentally shut down after he has had too much. So much talent...

MajinX
01-12-2009, 10:31 PM
ROTFL! Funniest post in I've read in a while.

Verdasco: "It's 30-all. I've got to break down Stepanek's forehand, and stay consistent. No more stupid mistakes. Oh wait, I'm sleeping with Ana Ivanovic...Vamooooos!" <begins pumping fist and celebrating wildly>

lol that was good.

flyer
01-13-2009, 09:02 AM

ahahahahahaaaaaaa