PDA

View Full Version : Sony Ericsson seating

heathenrider
01-11-2009, 10:02 PM
I am in the process of purchasing tickets for the Sony Ericsson 09 in Miami. Im confused with the seating. What is Grandstand seating?

Topaz
01-12-2009, 04:46 AM
I am in the process of purchasing tickets for the Sony Ericsson 09 in Miami. Im confused with the seating. What is Grandstand seating?

When you purchase tickets to the main stadium, you will also have access to all the other courts, including the grandstand (unreserved seats). You have the option of purchasing reserved tickets to the grandstand, however those tickets will not get you a seat in the large, main stadium. Depending on when you attend, however, you may see some better matchups on the grandstand while some lower level is getting thumped by the #1 seed in the main stadium.

drakulie
01-12-2009, 05:19 AM
^^To add, I wouldn't bother getting reserved seats for the grandstand, as all the seats in that stadium are very, VERY good. Additionally, if you get there early enough>> you will be able to sit near the the front row, and there are plenty of matches played there, so you will have the option of when you want to show up.

Kobble
01-12-2009, 06:41 PM
^^To add, I wouldn't bother getting reserved seats for the grandstand, as all the seats in that stadium are very, VERY good. Additionally, if you get there early enough>> you will be able to sit near the the front row, and there are plenty of matches played there, so you will have the option of when you want to show up.Pretty much. They are indeed great seats. As for stadium, it isn't too bad up there, but I would rather get 300 seats or better. Most of the really good seats are reserved for sponsors, martini and scotch drunks, football players, and such *******s. I wouldn't spend $600 to breath someone else's dizzying fumes.

Best advice, go to the qualifying. You'll get to see all the top players practice from the best vantage point, hot WTA girls up close, and get autographs (I got Guga's last year).