PDA

View Full Version : Natural gut tension question!

GasquetGOAT
01-12-2009, 05:21 AM
I have two 03 Tours. One strung with Babolat VS natural gut 16 mains/ Pro hurricane tour 16 crosses. 55/52lbs. The second one I want to try out X-one biphase 17 gauge. What tension to string to maintain the same string bed feel as the natural gut hybrid?

Bud
01-12-2009, 08:25 AM
I have two 03 Tours. One strung with Babolat VS natural gut 16 mains/ Pro hurricane tour 16 crosses. 55/52lbs. The second one I want to try out X-one biphase 17 gauge. What tension to string to maintain the same string bed feel as the natural gut hybrid?

If I recall correctly... they (NG and X-1 Biphase) both stretch about the same amount when stringing... therefore, I'd say stick to the same tension and give er a try! :)

GasquetGOAT
01-12-2009, 09:15 AM
If I recall correctly... they (NG and X-1 Biphase) both stretch about the same amount when stringing... therefore, I'd say stick to the same tension and give er a try! :)

With the X-1 I was meant to say I will be using it for the full string bed not hybriding with poly. Do I need to string it higher and by how much?

neverstopplaying
01-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Personally I go higher with full multi ( 58/60 ) as i don't like string movement, and I'll still get more string movement than with a ploy hybrid.

My edu-guess to keep the same power using full X-2 would be 55/57. I'd add a few lbs to the x's to try to reduce string movement, but don't know if it's enough.

GasquetGOAT
01-13-2009, 01:53 AM
Personally I go higher with full multi ( 58/60 ) as i don't like string movement, and I'll still get more string movement than with a ploy hybrid.

My edu-guess to keep the same power using full X-2 would be 55/57. I'd add a few lbs to the x's to try to reduce string movement, but don't know if it's enough.

Thanks for the feedback. How about going 56/58 for the full X-1? Is this a safer starting point? I'd rather have less power than more power.

MarrratSafin
01-13-2009, 02:38 AM
Thanks for the feedback. How about going 56/58 for the full X-1? Is this a safer starting point? I'd rather have less power than more power.

Yeah 56/58, or even up to 58/60. When you are using a gut/poly hybrid the poly will tame the power of the gut, and I would say your gut/poly hybrid will be slightly less powerful than a full multi at same tension..

neverstopplaying
01-13-2009, 07:39 PM

I agree also, and if you're not concerned about lower power, 58/60 will move less.