PDA

View Full Version : luxilon alu rough

no djok
01-12-2009, 06:47 AM
Got these strings in my apdc strung at 62lbs. Played for about two days and now am noticing that I am getting major string movement. Is this normal for luxilon alu rough? I've used many diffrent polys before and while some move more/faster then others these are starting to move ridiculously fast. Is it the string or stringer or what? I'm confused. Thanks in advance.

jcstennis
01-12-2009, 09:07 AM
they sort of... move. i usually find with my set up, they creep out of place... but not a lot.

now which part of the string bed does the string move more (what an awful sentence... or question rather... anyway...)... center, off center, outer mains...

no djok
01-12-2009, 09:22 AM
The string is mostly moving in the center where i usually strike the ball. I am suprised that with all the reviews in regard to durability that after 4 hrs of playing and strung at 62lbs that they are moving. I've used pro line 2 and can hit for about 14 hrs without any movement. I read that if a poly starts moving that it is dead. Doesn't seem like much bang for the buck.

jcstennis
01-12-2009, 09:31 AM
well, true there... ALU R does not last long. i'm good for about 6 hrs (i hybrid with multi... in a Prestige around 60lbs). I will be stringing my stuff this week with PLII for the first time, hope it works out... if it does i may try Spiky Shark as a possible replacement to the ALU R.

Have you tried SPPP? it does not move, is kind of soft, lasts long.

no djok
01-12-2009, 09:45 AM
proline 2 is amazing, best string i have used, and i have used many. soft, great spin, and holds tension well. going to look great in the prestige. haven't used sppp, the orange kinda puts me off. thanks for the info on the alu rough, the guy who strung it for me said it would last about a month so i'm a bit suprised. i have to say though the first day out the string was great

no djok
01-12-2009, 12:27 PM
anyone else care to share there views on these strings?

davidahenry
01-12-2009, 12:39 PM
I use Alu Power Rough (full job) in my POG MPs. I never have any problem with string movement at all - and I play with a great deal of topspin. I usually get about 4 to 6 hours of play (singles) out of them before I cut them out. In my opinion, they shouldn't be moving much at all after just 4 hours of play.

Take care.

DH

jcstennis
01-12-2009, 12:41 PM
fresh-new ALU anything, feels great... i never put a guarantee on string, string life, etc... you never know. i strung a new i.Prestige 1/2 a day before i hit with it, i was terribly excited to play with the racquet,,, within 15 minutes...pop! bye bye nice string job...

anyway, SPPP also comes in white (Pure). ;)

check out Nikb's poly review and search for ALU. a few of us gave tons of insight about the string...

good luck!