PDA

View Full Version : Too sexy attire

matchmaker
01-12-2009, 08:25 AM
I just read an article on how AO inspectors forbade Alizé Cornet to wear her red skirt white top outfit because it was deemed too sexy. Any thoughts on this? I mean with Bettany Mattek's outfits and with Serena's attire, where should the line be drawn?

sureshs
01-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Radek Stepanek needs to be looked at

jmverdugo
01-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Pics? please...

Topaz
01-12-2009, 09:17 AM
I just read an article on how AO inspectors forbade Alizé Cornet to wear her red skirt white top outfit because it was deemed too sexy. Any thoughts on this? I mean with Bettany Mattek's outfits and with Serena's attire, where should the line be drawn?

Really? Do you have a source? Because if she can't wear it, then neither should any of the other gals sponsored by Lacoste (they are all wearing the same thing)...Sam Stosur, Dominika Cibulkova, Natalie Dechy...just to name a few.

And, the outfit (which Alize has already been wearing in other tournaments) is not that bad...pretty conservative compared to Mattek and what some others have worn. It is just a tank and a red skirt, though the skirt (like all Lacoste skirts) tends to be on the short side.

origmarm
01-12-2009, 09:18 AM
This thread is worthless without pics!

Though I should say that Bud deserves a beating for doing that to my eyes :)

tacou
01-12-2009, 09:24 AM
yeah that makes me sick...ugh.

but Alize is pretty I'd like to see this.

Topaz
01-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Just go to the yahoo tennis page and look in the gallery. Really, it isn't racy by any means...I think you guys are going to be disappointed.

Still waiting for some kind of link or source on this?

GPB
01-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Just go to the yahoo tennis page and look in the gallery. Really, it isn't racy by any means...I think you guys are going to be disappointed.

Too sexy? I've seen much better... :shock:

matchmaker
01-12-2009, 09:35 AM
I read it in a European newspaper, which is normally quite trustworthy.

I also think this outfit is not at all exaggerated. So let's see what happens with other players' attire. Will it also be forbidden?

We might just as well go back to the all white Wimbledon era.

I don't understand why they make a fuss about this when there is much worse.

SerenaVenusFan
01-12-2009, 09:53 AM
That is NOT Serena in that pic of the girl with the thong. That was just an internet rumor, she is too classy to pose like that. Think about it. :rolleyes:

rommil
01-12-2009, 10:05 AM
That is NOT Serena in that pic of the girl with the thong. That was just an internet rumor, she is too classy to pose like that. Think about it. :rolleyes:

Serena is not really that classy when it comes to most of her clothing choices(although I dig her Cameroon outfit and that US Open studded biker look/ boots thingy outfit). Speaking of posing like that, remember her naked pic holding a flower to cover her from behind? Venus on the other hand does a better job of carrying herself better with a more dignified look.

SerenaVenusFan
01-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Not to mention, Serena never had a tattoo on her back. The girl in that pic does.

SerenaVenusFan
01-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Serena is not really that classy when it comes to most of her clothing choices(although I dig her Cameroon outfit and that US Open studded biker look/ boots thingy outfit). Speaking of posing like that, remember her naked pic holding a flower to cover her from behind? Venus on the other hand does a better job of carrying herself better with a more dignified look.

That picture of her holding the flower was for a magazine spread. It was a respectable magazine iirc. The pic posted is just something that some z-class model would do, not befitting of a GOAT tennis player.

drakulie
01-12-2009, 10:14 AM
not befitting of a GOAT tennis player.

GOAT????

LMAO! Only thing she is a GOAT of, is her excuse-making skills.

sureshs
01-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Speaking of posing like that, remember her naked pic holding a flower to cover her from behind?

No, I don't remember. Jog my memory with a pic.

NamRanger
01-12-2009, 10:17 AM
GOAT????

I must concur, despite her great performances throughout the years of just coming in 20 lbs overweight and destroying her opponents.

sureshs
01-12-2009, 10:18 AM
GOAT????

At least she has won all the Slams, unlike Federer or Sampras.

rommil
01-12-2009, 10:35 AM

LOL she played in the men's tour? I didn't know that.

sureshs
01-12-2009, 10:39 AM

It is relative. Like Tiger winning all Majors or Phelps in most of the swimming categories. You need to win all Slams to be considered a complete player and a candidate for GOAT, male or female. There should be no exceptions based on personal likes and dislikes.

circusmouse
01-12-2009, 10:55 AM
I think this is a pic of the outfit:
http://tennis.com/features/galleries/TENNIS_gallery/photogallery.aspx?libid=156724

Not so racy to me.

drakulie
01-12-2009, 11:02 AM

True, but she has a loooooooooooong way to go to catch up with evert, graf, navratilova, etc, etc, etc.

By the way, she wouldn't have come close to winning one slam on the men's tour. She'd be lucky to break 300 in the world.

SempreSami
01-12-2009, 11:11 AM

Yeah because she beat Nadal to win that RG title :roll:

oneleggedcardinal
01-12-2009, 11:21 AM
I just want to say, that there is no such thing as 'too' sexy.

tacou
01-12-2009, 11:49 AM
I just want to say, that there is no such thing as 'too' sexy.

first the towel debate, now this-- cardinal, we are just on the same page!

as for the link, that was not Cornet. maybe cornet's where the outfit super short? but probably not...man Australia, you used to be cool. what happened?

sureshs
01-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Yeah because she beat Nadal to win that RG title :roll:

Both have big butts. Fed and Sampras do not. That is the secret to winning the French.

Nickk
01-12-2009, 11:57 AM
I think this is a pic of the outfit:
http://tennis.com/features/galleries/TENNIS_gallery/photogallery.aspx?libid=156724

Not so racy to me.

wow, not racy at all. I watched that match, she played great. Tons of energy, I'm a fan now. My wife and I were pulling for her, great attitude.

Greenfin Beta
01-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Both have big butts. Fed and Sampras do not. That is the secret to winning the French.

aha so that's it... but wait, does henin have a big butt? :-?

oneleggedcardinal
01-12-2009, 12:26 PM

as for the link, that was not Cornet. maybe cornet's where the outfit super short? but probably not...man Australia, you used to be cool. what happened?

Haha, in more ways than one.

Topaz
01-12-2009, 12:54 PM

This is Dominika Cibulkova, not Cornet.

However, it is the same outfit, they are both sponsored by Lacoste. Sometimes Cornet is wearing a slightly different tank with horizontal stripes, but still...not racy at all. Not sure what the AO is worried about!

lilycolefan
01-12-2009, 01:04 PM
There's no way Cornet can ever be sexy.

moonbat
01-12-2009, 01:15 PM
FWIW, I find that many of the clothing brands (Nike, Adidas for sure) have self bras that are too thin or transparent, and therefore show plenty of nip line. Many women wear bras under the self-bras, which kind of defeats the purpose. I go with the self-bra, but feel self-conscious sometimes.

Topaz
01-12-2009, 01:16 PM
FWIW, I find that many of the clothing brands (Nike, Adidas for sure) have self bras that are too thin or transparent, and therefore show plenty of nip line. Many women wear bras under the self-bras, which kind of defeats the purpose. I go with the self-bra, but feel self-conscious sometimes.

Ditto...I do another bra under the built-in bra. The built in ones don't really get the job done for me. :oops:

tacou
01-12-2009, 01:26 PM
This is Dominika Cibulkova, not Cornet.

However, it is the same outfit, they are both sponsored by Lacoste. Sometimes Cornet is wearing a slightly different tank with horizontal stripes, but still...not racy at all. Not sure what the AO is worried about!

yes yes I know, I think both are cute girls and unless Cornet wears it quite different then I don't get the problem at all. Dominika is jumping up and the skirt still isn't [I]that[I] short.

hah. same page. yes.

Kaptain Karl
01-12-2009, 03:19 PM
matchmaker, did you make up that "article"?

I just don't see how that Lacoste outfit can be considered to be in poor taste.

- KK

Toxicmilk
01-12-2009, 04:17 PM
There's no way Cornet can ever be sexy.

Actually, imo, she is one of those girls that looks potentially hot while on screen/tennis court...but as soon as I see her in normal clothes I duno wth I was thinking.

leonidas1982
01-12-2009, 04:22 PM
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24895733-662,00.html

AUSTRALIAN Open referees will double as fashion police to stamp out skimpy outfits at the Melbourne event.

Open officials have threatened fines of up to $2000 for any player caught flouting its strict dress code after French player Alize Cornet caused a stir at the Hopman Cup last week.

The teenager wore a short skirt and revealing, see-through top during a doubles match at the tournament in Perth.

One of game's great players, Margaret Court, condemned her attire last night, saying it pushed the boundaries of what was acceptable.

And Open officials said they would review the rising star's outfits ahead of the tournament from January 19 to February 1.

Tennis officials have also cracked down on trumpets, flares and other anti-social items at Melbourne Park.

Court, Australia's greatest female player, said the revealing outfits of today's female players made them "look like they should be on the beach".

"I just don't think the tennis court is the place to be everything clingy and showing everything," she said.

Court, a three-time Wimbledon champion and winner of 62 Grand Slam events, said fashion had gone overboard.

"Women don't need to expose themselves so much," she said.

"You're good at something, you do it well, you can look so nice without needing to reveal everything.

"If they think everybody's looking at their body and they've got see-through and no bra (outfits), it would have to affect your game."

Australian Open referee Wayne McKewen said player's outfits would be scrutinised in Melbourne.

"They should be dressed in what we say is tennis attire," he said. "The girls do know that they have to present themselves in a professional manner."

Australian Family Association Victorian president Angela Conway said athletes should be conscious of the influence their choice of clothing had on children.

Racy clothes are not the only things banned at the Open - whistles, trumpets, flares, fireworks, laser pointers, musical instruments and political and religious banners, T-shirts and flyers are also prohibited.

tacou
01-12-2009, 04:38 PM
dress codes are for catholic schools, lets pretty athletes wear what they want.

The Pure One
01-12-2009, 04:46 PM
This is just ridiculous from AO officials.

You can name a lot of sports where woman use less clothes or expose more her body: ice skating, gim., running, volleyball, swimming, even the Australian olimpic basketball team with their tights...etc.

tacou
01-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Australian olimpic basketball team with their tights...etc.

I also think it was the Australian indoor volley ball team who looked completely bottomless playing! I'll allow it.

Jsa2u
01-12-2009, 04:59 PM
"Too Sexy" I don't think that is possible. Looks pretty good to me. It is her choice of what she wears. Who cares.

jgn1013
01-12-2009, 04:59 PM
http://hopmancup.com/upload/images/gallery/XXI-France/Session1-AlizeCornet8.jpg

http://hopmancup.com/upload/images/gallery/XXI-France/Session5-AlizeCornet11.jpg

Leublu tennis
01-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Racy clothes are not the only things banned at the Open - whistles, trumpets, flares, fireworks, laser pointers, musical instruments and political and religious banners, T-shirts and flyers are also prohibited.

T-shirts? T-shirts? A dress code for the audience?

Leublu tennis
01-12-2009, 05:04 PM

Wimbledon has had a strict white only dress code and many, many, many years ago a female player whose name I don't remember wore a prim white outfit and gold, yes gold, panties. Yes, it made headlines.

halalula1234
01-12-2009, 05:12 PM

Shes a woman so she cant play in the men's tour.

tacou
01-12-2009, 05:23 PM

http://hopmancup.com/upload/images/gallery/XXI-France/Session5-AlizeCornet11.jpg

that's it? wow. there's absolutely nothing to talk about.

rubberduckies
01-12-2009, 05:27 PM
I love Alize!
I love those tight shorts she wears cause her skirt always comes up during points and stays up for a while. WTA needs to embrace sex appeal the way that volleyball and beach volleyball have. That is what the fans want.

Ronny
01-12-2009, 05:30 PM
^^^^ ahaha nice:D

tacou
01-12-2009, 05:51 PM
I love Alize!
I love those tight shorts she wears cause her skirt always comes up during points and stays up for a while. WTA needs to embrace sex appeal the way that volleyball and beach volleyball have. That is what the fans want.

couldn't agree more. they should make wta (excluding quite a few exceptions) wear bikini bottoms.

and maybe instead of playing tennis they could pillow fight.

and no, I'm not joking.

veroniquem
01-12-2009, 06:46 PM
I don't see anything sexy about her outfit.

rubberduckies
01-12-2009, 06:57 PM
I don't see anything sexy about her outfit.

It isn't her outfit - that's why none of the other Lacoste girls are in trouble.
Alize is too sexy for the Australian Open!

veroniquem
01-12-2009, 07:00 PM
It isn't her outfit - that's why none of the other Lacoste girls are in trouble.
Alize is too sexy for the Australian Open!
:shock::shock::shock::shock:????

Kaptain Karl
01-12-2009, 07:43 PM
http://hopmancup.com/upload/images/gallery/XXI-France/Session1-AlizeCornet8.jpgI suppose late in a sweaty match she could look as if she were in a wet T-shirt contest. In that case I would agree with the restriction.

- KK

Leublu tennis
01-12-2009, 07:45 PM
couldn't agree more. they should make wta (excluding quite a few exceptions) wear bikini bottoms.

and maybe instead of playing tennis they could pillow fight.

and no, I'm not joking.
You are joking that you are not joking. I just cracked up about the pillow fight.

herosol
01-12-2009, 09:19 PM
i see more skin at my Christian high school.

jamesblakefan#1
01-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Wimbledon has had a strict white only dress code and many, many, many years ago a female player whose name I don't remember wore a prim white outfit and gold, yes gold, panties. Yes, it made headlines.

I think it was Golovin who a couple a yrs ago wore red "knickers", as it were, and caused a big fuss. I think Dick Enberg just a/b had a heart attack, he was so applaed by it.:)

This is just a whole bunch of old people making a big fuss a/b nothing. WTA needs all the help it can get. Why not go the WWE route and bring in bra & panties matches?:):):)

D-Generated
01-13-2009, 01:11 AM
I think they should rather forbid those kind of forehandgrips...for the sake of the health of the player's wrists as well as to avoid my goosebumps...

origmarm
01-13-2009, 01:30 AM
I have to say I'm pretty dissapointed. That just looks like a normal outfit to me

0d1n
01-13-2009, 04:31 AM
I suppose late in a sweaty match she could look as if she were in a wet T-shirt contest. In that case I would agree with the restriction.

- KK

She's wearing another bra under that t-shirt. There's no way that outfit is even remotely "scandalous".
This kind of "misplaced puritanism" makes me go ... :rolleyes:

Gorecki
01-13-2009, 04:33 AM
i've seen far worse than that on serena, bethany and several others...

dumb decision!

veroniquem
01-13-2009, 05:07 AM
She's wearing another bra under that t-shirt. There's no way that outfit is even remotely "scandalous".
This kind of "misplaced puritanism" makes me go ... :rolleyes:
Totally agree.

McLovin
01-13-2009, 05:27 AM
Funny, as nobody had a problem w/ last year's outfits from Anna & Marta:

http://home.comcast.net/~dan.michelle/marta1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~dan.michelle/marta2.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~dan.michelle/ivanovic1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~dan.michelle/ivanovic2.jpg

ClarkC
01-13-2009, 06:36 AM

Nothing Serena wears can be "sexy." Repulsive, yes; sexy. no. There is a picture of her in my dictionary next to the word steatopygous.

matchmaker
01-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Nothing Serena wears can be "sexy." Repulsive, yes; sexy. no. There is a picture of her in my dictionary next to the word steatopygous.

I did not use the word sexy to refer to Serena... I get your point though

hoodjem
01-13-2009, 07:59 AM

What kind of grip is this?

flyer
01-13-2009, 08:48 AM
ok well the skirt is short:
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/84248396.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19346E4C5E9CA073261E25D1BA8CF3D7AF3 284831B75F48EF45

and the top is skimpy:
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/84162296.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19358B9FCD9D575A233A1176702FE213904 284831B75F48EF45

im not complaining, but i do see their point, im just surprised they picked this as the time to crack down, wozniacki wears spaghetti string tops, vaidisova darn near had a wardrobe disaster a couple years back w/ her orange dress, sharapova wore see through at Wimbledon no less, and hingis used to wear woo-woos under tennis skirts....but they now decide that cornet's outfit is too racy!?

CanadianChic
01-13-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't see this outfit as being either too skimpy or too sexy. It is a tank top and pair of shorts that completely covers the body. Sharapova's baby doll dresses and Williams's leather boots are far more disturbing than this innocent look.

ronalditop
01-13-2009, 11:13 AM

is that a extreme western grip? looks very uncomfortable.

drakulie
01-13-2009, 11:25 AM
I don't see this outfit as being either too skimpy or too sexy.

Me niether. I'm insulted as I don't like my filth this clean. :)

oneguy21
01-13-2009, 12:04 PM
What kind of grip is this?

Looks like a western to me.

Spokewench
01-13-2009, 01:06 PM
I just don't get it. It's just a regular tennis outfit (maybe the skirt is a little short, but who cares?) She's a young woman who can get away with wearing a short outfit.

spokewench

moonbat
01-13-2009, 01:45 PM
IIRC, Monica Seles used to play without a bra and nobody blinked an eye. Perhaps Cornet's skirt is short, but as long as she covers what's under it, who cares? FWIW, I was offended once at my club when some schlub with man-boobs took off his shirt on the next court and ran around jiggling. His moobs were bigger than mine. I was tempted to match his antics just to prove a point, but thought better of it.

rubberduckies
01-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Alize's new outfit (sponsored by American Apparel):
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_4MZ5zttwCvA/SBIInxc3wsI/AAAAAAAADEI/4MOxhUfTXEU/cornet02.jpg

veroniquem
01-13-2009, 02:54 PM
I don't see this outfit as being either too skimpy or too sexy. It is a tank top and pair of shorts that completely covers the body. Sharapova's baby doll dresses and Williams's leather boots are far more disturbing than this innocent look.
Agree. If they wanted to go after sexy, Sharapova was the one to target.

tennis-hero
01-14-2009, 05:46 PM
I'd understand what the big deal was if she was actually sexy

tacou
01-14-2009, 06:16 PM
I'd understand what the big deal was if she was actually sexy

I don't get the bashing on Alize; considering 95% of the WTA are beastly she's a pretty fair looking girl, a nice physique at least.

She's just got a funny nose.

ttbrowne
01-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Looks great to me. Nothing I wouldn't let my daughter wear at the club.

Margaret Court?

Isn't she like...a hundred years old?!

AndrewD
01-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Four pages to this thread and you guys are still wondering why someone decided to 'create' this non-story. Simply put, the media ask Tennis Australia (or are fed questions by the TA publicists) something along the lines of 'are players restricted in what they can wear' or 'can someone be wearing too little clothing', TA respond with 'there are restrictions, etc' and they've got a story. Then they ask an older player like Court (who also happens to be a Minister - works the sex and religion angle) a loaded question and they've got a second angle. End result is that every perve will want to have a look and every dill (who doesn't understand where the story comes from) will want their say = Publicity.

tacou
01-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Andrew D I'm not sure what you're getting at...

as I understand it, Alize Cornet's outfit was deemed inappropriate and in essence BANNED from Melbourne.

The issue most of us have with this is that it isn't inappropriate at all.

vascoboy
01-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Radek Stepanek needs to be looked at

and ladies love him...he (& Santoro) are the sharpest looking guys on the tour. yeah, he's a little different but in a good way, the rest of ATP looks like Nascar. Most of the guys in ATP are locked in the 90s, kind of sad for such young guys...

martini1
01-15-2009, 12:20 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/2e/fullj.91c887d456fa2caeaab4aa85a25e1e24/91c887d456fa2caeaab4aa85a25e1e24-getty-tennis-wta-aus.jpg

"Sexy?? You mean that girl over there, right?"

adidasman
01-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Speaking of posing like that, remember her (Serena) naked pic holding a flower to cover her from behind? That must have been one enormous flower.

drakulie
01-21-2009, 09:37 AM
^^more like a pre-historic plant.

vandre
01-21-2009, 10:18 AM
it looked like natalie dechy had that very outfit on last night when i saw her match. whatsa goin' on?????

Sangria Munky
07-24-2009, 01:07 AM
Stepanek is hot

wasta
07-24-2009, 05:08 AM
Ditto...I do another bra under the built-in bra. The built in ones don't really get the job done for me. :oops:

I think this behaviour should be banned!

shabby
09-21-2009, 01:13 PM
^^ Needless to say the least...

equinox
01-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Yeah, a bentover vadisova shows everything. possibly the best show at the open.

thank god , kai kanepi keeps her gear on. she could do with some trousers.

crazylevity
01-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Same goes for Akgul Amanmuradova

jaggy
01-07-2010, 04:08 PM
This site needs way more bra threads.

Chadwixx
01-07-2010, 04:11 PM
she is too classy to pose like that. Think about it. :rolleyes:

Not only does she show up to partys with her boobs hanging out of a see through shirt with no bra, she poses naked on the cover of magazines and threatens to kill line judges who enforce the rules.

Is english your first language? Do you understand what classy means?

Andy G
01-07-2010, 04:44 PM
She isn't even that great looking. She sure isn't as hot as Daniela Hantuchova.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/pr/subs/swimsuit/images/09_daniela-hantuchova_09.jpg

jamesblakefan#1
01-07-2010, 05:03 PM

You mean Daniel Mantuchova? She has a condition we call noas$atall.

jazzyfunkybluesy
01-07-2010, 05:17 PM
I dont know man, that pic alone. If shes was lying on the beach like that. Id approach.:twisted:

jazzyfunkybluesy
01-07-2010, 05:20 PM

Is there anyway she could not wear the skirt, just the tight undergarment part? Bazaaam!

ubermeyer
01-07-2010, 05:47 PM
You mean Daniel Mantuchova? She has a condition we call noas$atall.

isn't it good she doesn't have a weight problem and a big fatt butt ?

jamesblakefan#1
01-07-2010, 05:59 PM
isn't it good she doesn't have a weight problem and a big fatt butt ?

I'd rather have a woman like Serena than a stick figure like Hantuchova w/ the body of a 13 year old, if that's what you're asking.

Chadwixx
01-07-2010, 06:11 PM
You realize you have to feed em?

jamesblakefan#1
01-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Oh a fat joke. How original.

diggler
01-07-2010, 11:45 PM
http://tennis-in-depth.com/2009/01/12/alize-cornets-controversial-dress/

Maybe it is see through when wet.

Personally I would prefer it if the women wear shorts. As much as I like to upskirt Wozniacki, it is all a bit undignified.

v205
01-08-2010, 05:30 AM
Sharapova would still be sexy in a nun suit!

Agree. If they wanted to go after sexy, Sharapova was the one to target.

djokovicgonzalez2010
01-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Just let her wear it (plz)

JoshDragon
01-08-2010, 01:04 PM

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/pr/subs/swimsuit/images/09_daniela-hantuchova_09.jpg

......um.....:shock::shock::shock:

Ambivalent
01-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Ahahahah Cornet's legs are so much bigger than Simon's.

OJ ROD
01-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Ahahahah Cornet's legs are so much bigger than Simon's.

A lot of girls like that nowadays.

Juges8932
01-09-2010, 10:20 AM
As long as they're hot, they should be allowed to wear whatever they want.
:)