PDA

View Full Version : Got the new Luxilon M2 string today...

supermario343
01-12-2009, 07:42 AM
I received the new luxilon m2 multi mono string in the mail today...heres a pic of what it looks like! Anyone else receive theirs yet?

Front...

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7350/001mz2.jpg

Back...

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3543/002go1.jpg

PED
01-12-2009, 08:56 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=238123

There's a few threads on it that might give you some feedback on tension and what not. I find it to be a good string so far-lots of pop and not as much spin as alu but I like it.

game set match 46 TIMES!!
01-12-2009, 09:19 AM
I received the new luxilon m2 multi mono string in the mail today...heres a pic of what it looks like! Anyone else receive theirs yet?

Front...

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7350/001mz2.jpg

Back...

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3543/002go1.jpg

i recived mine on thursday. im string it up today. i have 2 sets so i can hybyrd to.

NickC
01-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Never got mine while I was still in the States. I hope my parents receive it and leave it out for me for when I get home this summer.

robkat
01-12-2009, 10:12 AM
I received my M2 set today as well. I'm still waiting on the Wilson Hollow core, that I signed up for, on the same day.

YULitle
01-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Multi Mono?

What kind of mind trick is that?

Fredrik
01-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Multi Mono?

What kind of mind trick is that?

They have to call it something:wink:

Seriously self-contradictive description, I agree. Maybe it's like doublespeak; if you say it enough times you start to believe it. Be careful...

I'm guessing its a few strands of mutifilament (or different polyesters) embedded in a poly string. (I'm guessing based on the illustration on the package).

am22fcw
01-12-2009, 10:45 AM
yea i got mine about 2 weeks ago and have played with it about 6-7 times. i love it

supermario343
01-12-2009, 01:19 PM
awesome...ill have to string up then! looking forward to playing with it..as for the name, who knows multi mono hehe

alcap26
01-12-2009, 01:21 PM
I got my two sets today. It will be a while before it goes in. I just had my racquets restrung so I might wait for march or april for the warmer weather to put this in.

Okazaki Fragment
01-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Just got one today. I guess I must be the only one who didn't know Luxion was a Wilson subsidiary.

supermario343
01-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Just got one today. I guess I must be the only one who didn't know Luxion was a Wilson subsidiary.

i had no idea either...i looked in the mail and saw a wilson package im like huh? i open it and i see luxilon :-P

Okazaki Fragment
01-12-2009, 01:27 PM
i had no idea either...i looked in the mail and saw a wilson package im like huh? i open it and i see luxilon :-P

Yeah, I thought I got another free Hollow Core when I saw the package.

supermario343
01-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I thought I got another free Hollow Core when I saw the package.

exactly...but thats cool ill take it lol

davidahenry
01-12-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm guessing its a few strands of mutifilament (or different polyesters) embedded in a poly string. (I'm guessing based on the illustration on the package).

Yep - I think you are right. A couple of months ago, I received a free sample of Gamma Zo Tour, and the photo on the package showed the same thing... Six filaments embedded into the poly core. I think it is just the latest advancement to give poly's better, softer feel and to allow them to maintain tension better.

I haven't tried Zo Tour or M2 yet because I am simply lovin' my Alu Power Rough!

Take care.

DH

RestockingTues
01-12-2009, 03:09 PM
They have to call it something:wink:

Seriously self-contradictive description, I agree. Maybe it's like doublespeak; if you say it enough times you start to believe it. Be careful...

Big Brother would know about the people who got more than 1 package and he'd erase them though. ;)

Jsa2u
01-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Yep - I think you are right. A couple of months ago, I received a free sample of Gamma Zo Tour, and the photo on the package showed the same thing... Six filaments embedded into the poly core. I think it is just the latest advancement to give poly's better, softer feel and to allow them to maintain tension better.

I haven't tried Zo Tour or M2 yet because I am simply lovin' my Alu Power Rough!

Take care.

DH

How did you get Gamma Zo Tour?

jim e
01-12-2009, 05:04 PM
How did you get Gamma Zo Tour?

Being a member of the USRSA,a few months ago they gave out that sample.

In their RSI magazine that you receive as a member there is a stringsample section where you can send in for a sample, with most issues. This month is Wilson K-Gut Pro. So being a member over a year you will recoup most of the fee to join with string.And you get all of their resources. A good orginization.

PED
01-13-2009, 04:03 AM
I tried the Gamma Zo Tour and much prefer it to M2. I would likely use the Zo Tour as a regular string except for the cost. For $15 why go for a substitute when you can use ALU. I also found that Zo only held tension a bit better than alu.

I tried the 16g (1.30) and loved it but I'd love to try out the 17g. Fairly comfortable and nice power and spin. TW has a deal for $11 a pack if you buy 5 or more and I might try it again at that price.

Jsa2u
01-13-2009, 06:19 AM
what is the price range to join? If you dont mind me asking?

PED
01-13-2009, 06:34 AM
^^^I don't understand the question.

supermario343
01-13-2009, 06:55 AM
Being a member of the USRSA,a few months ago they gave out that sample.

In their RSI magazine that you receive as a member there is a stringsample section where you can send in for a sample, with most issues. This month is Wilson K-Gut Pro. So being a member over a year you will recoup most of the fee to join with string.And you get all of their resources. A good orginization.

^^^I don't understand the question.

hes asking the price for that Question bro

davidahenry
01-13-2009, 09:47 AM

$109 for a one year membership. There is a slight discount if you join for more than one year at once. I think it is well worth the money. You get...

1. All of the USRSA Manuals - the most important one being the Stringer's Digest which contains very detailed stringing patterns for almost every racquet out there - present and past.

2. RSi Magazine - I think it is a monthly publication during the spring/summer/fall and then once every other month in the winter.

3. Within RSi Magazine, there are often (not always) free string offers. Manufacturers often go through the USRSA to "get the word out" on new strings they are bringing to market. Often the free samples are limited to the first xx members to respond to the offer. I've been a member since late summer and have already received a free set of Gamma Zo Tour and have just submitted a request for Wilson K-Gut Pro. Over the course of a year, I hope the free string samples practically "pay" for my membership fee.

4. Access to "member's only" sections of the USRSA's website - reports, online tools, etc.

5. Credibility - I think that being a member of the USRSA may add a little credibility to me in the eyes of customers and potential customers. As a member, I also have the abiliity to take the Master Racquet Technician certification test. Being an MRT, will someday add even more credibility.

Even if there weren't any free string offers, I would still be a member. I think the other aspects of membership are still worth $109 per year.

Take care.

DH

PED
01-13-2009, 10:45 AM
4. Access to "member's only" sections of the USRSA's website - reports, online tools, etc.
DH

David, do they include a member's only jacket with the $109 price ;) Sorry, I couldn't resist, the member's only section is really good. I loved all the pro string tension info they had last year.

http://pointyfingers.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/1bj17324.jpg

davidahenry
01-13-2009, 11:07 AM
David, do they include a member's only jacket with the $109 price ;)

No, but I can dream of someday getting one! I've only been wanting one since 1983. :-)

Take care.

DH

TennezSport
01-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Yep - I think you are right. A couple of months ago, I received a free sample of Gamma Zo Tour, and the photo on the package showed the same thing... Six filaments embedded into the poly core. I think it is just the latest advancement to give poly's better, softer feel and to allow them to maintain tension better. DH

You are both spot on. Lux introduced us to both of the M2 string at this year stringers symposium in Florida and explained it's constructions and play characteristics. It's very much like the contruction of Gamma's Zo Tour. While I was not very fond of this string, if you like the Lux feel you will like this string and it does hold tension better.

Characteristically, it's supposed to play softer on touch shots and firmer on power shots for better control. While it did work well on the power shots like most Lux string, it did not play softer on touch shots, well at least not for me.
I had much better all around play with the new Kirschbaum Pro-line II/Spiky Shark or Prince's Twisted soft co-poly string.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

PED
01-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Tennezsport, I think you hit the nail on the head for Zo, if one is a fan of alu than you'll really like Zo. I found that it did hold tension better but not to the tune of $15 a set ;)

Did you try the 1.30 or 1.25 in the zo tour?

Last question, have you played with and what do you think about M2?

ryangoring
01-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Got mine today
I didn't know that Wilson and Luxilon were dealing as one.

TennezSport
01-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Tennezsport, I think you hit the nail on the head for Zo, if one is a fan of alu than you'll really like Zo. I found that it did hold tension better but not to the tune of $15 a set ;)
Did you try the 1.30 or 1.25 in the zo tour?
Last question, have you played with and what do you think about M2?

PED,

My comments were about Lux M2 Pro 17(1.25) and M2 Plus 16(1.30) strings. The comparison to Gamma's Zo Tour was to backup Davids statement on the string contruction. To me the Lux M2 Pro 17 and the Gamma Zo Tour 17 played about the same, while the M2 Plus actually felt a little softer :shock: Didn't really like any of them when compared to the Kirschbaum string.

BTW the Gamma Zo Tour 16/17 is $11.15 if you buy 5 sets at TW.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

max
01-13-2009, 12:24 PM
I just received it, also, today, Tuesday. Not sure I have much use for poly.

PED
01-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks, I've only tried the 1.30 Zo and after seeing what you wrote above I"ll likely stick with that size if I try the Zo out again. I like the M2 but wouldn't chose it over alu or Zo tour 1.30 for that matter.

Nanshiki
01-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Finally got my M2 after like... three months.

I'll try it... eventually. I have like three more strings left to try.

jim e
01-13-2009, 01:18 PM

If you are asking of the USRSA, the membership is $109.00/year.
Last year I received 9 different samples of strings, which some were fairly expensive ones. So it made it well worth the membership, as you get the digest updated twice /year, and they have a great online resource, and if needed you can call and speak to one of their technicians if you get into a problem with stringing, as they are there for help if needed.
It is not for everyone of course, but well worth it for me.They were never around when I first started stringing 40 years ago.
Check out their web site.

Max Winther
01-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Dang it, I want to get mine already! It sounds like a lot of people have gotten theirs recently, which only makes it harder to wait.

big hitter
01-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Got mine yesterday
It is same as in the 1st picture, but it doesnt say the gauge
is it 16 or 17?

samster
01-13-2009, 05:37 PM
M2 Pro is 17 gauge (1.25)

M2 Plus is the 16 gauge (1.30)

jamauss
01-13-2009, 05:48 PM
I got mine today. Will probably string up a racquet with it within the week and see how it plays.

dr325i
01-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Anyone knows if these could be used in a Hybrid fashion -- in place of the polys?
Put these in place of ALU Power on the hybrid setup?

Thanks!

xtennisloverx
01-14-2009, 06:54 PM
does anyone think that this could be a good hybrid with wilson kgut?

Nanshiki
01-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Anyone knows if these could be used in a Hybrid fashion -- in place of the polys?
Put these in place of ALU Power on the hybrid setup?

Thanks!

I think that's defeating the point.

You're supposed to get the performance of a hybrid with one string.

SchreckTennis
01-14-2009, 07:38 PM
I think that's defeating the point.

You're supposed to get the performance of a hybrid with one string.

I think they should have come up with better advertisement because it seems to me like they're trying to say "you get the best of both worlds" rather than "it plays like a hybrid in one string"...

sk8ing
01-14-2009, 07:52 PM
got mine 2day two :D

and i live in canada so u guys will prob be gettin urs soon

Storm_Kyori
01-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Got mine yesterday. Finally, thought they had forgotten me.

supermario343
01-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Got mine yesterday. Finally, thought they had forgotten me.

haha yes they almost did storm :-P

Storm_Kyori
01-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Now I can call myself a true tennis player...I have some strings to show off now. 8)

Il Mostro
01-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Got mine today. Will use it as a cross with a good multi when I get around to it. I haven't been playing around with different string combos since I went to a full VS Team setup -- I've got loads of interesting string just sitting there :-(

Jsa2u
01-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Would this string be good with some gosen sheep micro 17 to soften things up?

beckham
01-17-2009, 04:36 PM
i also ordered some, should i string around mid tension. i string wilson sensation at 57.

Kevo
01-17-2009, 05:58 PM
If you use sensation at 57, then you'll probably want to string this a bit lower. Maybe 53 or so. If you like sensation quite a bit, I don't imagine you'll care for it too much. However, if you've not tried polys before, you may like it a lot.

KiwiNuker
01-18-2009, 01:27 AM
Got mine on Saturday~ Woot.

supermario343
01-18-2009, 05:57 AM
Played with this string yest. nothing too crazy special.....i strung it at 56lbs. maybe theres a break in period or w.e im not sure but its just ok IMO atm

Kal-El 34
01-18-2009, 06:32 AM
awww yea, got mine today.. jackpot

Nanshiki
01-18-2009, 11:39 AM
I just strung mine up.

It took forever to weave the crosses, like always, as far as polys are concerned. It also took some serious prestretching to keep it from coiling like crazy on me.

I'll play with it later today or on Monday...

Farz77
01-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Has anyone gotten this error after signing up for it.

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e37'

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'Fluoro'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

/M2RequestSend.asp, line 64

It says the offer ends like in March 2009.

Farz77
01-18-2009, 11:52 AM
got mine 2day two :D

and i live in canada so u guys will prob be gettin urs soon

Did you put in your Province under state?
Did you put a space between the 3 sets in the postal code, did you fill in both adresses?

AlphaCDjkr
01-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Big Brother would know about the people who got more than 1 package and he'd erase them though. ;)

Is that a reference to 1984? Or am I totally off :(

sk8ing
01-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Did you put in your Province under state?
Did you put a space between the 3 sets in the postal code, did you fill in both adresses?

yes

but it makes no difference
i assume the person who shipped would still be able to figure out were u live if u forgot to put a space beetween the sets of letters...