PDA

View Full Version : big ace/ titan or gosen og sheep micro hybrid

ctennisam94
01-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Do you have any feedback on this hybrid?
I am planning on using this hybrid and I want to know how it plays compared to a full job big ace.
Thanks

Max Winther
01-13-2009, 05:47 PM
I haven't played with this exact hybrid (Big ace/titan), but I have hybrided a lot of polys with titan and as long as you up the tension by 3 pounds or so on the titan, it doesn't play too much differently. It will feel softer and have more power and a little less spin production.

maui boy
01-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Big Ace mains & Titan crosses excellent combination. If you want a bit crisper stringbed cross with OG Micro instead.

Racer41c
01-14-2009, 02:50 PM
BA/Titan will be much softer than a full BA job. Right now I'm using Blue Gear/Titan and even though the BG Is stiffer than BA I'm finding it plays much softer with fantastic feel and touch.

I was stringing BA 1.22 and 1.25 at 57/55. I'm stringing the BG/Titan at 56/60. I only have 6 sets on this setup at the moment, but so far I can say tension maintenance and performance are outstanding. I first did BG/Titan at 54/58 and it was way too powerful

Also, BG/Titan is

Power - Higher, clearly more powerful but in a controlled way. Much easier to put balls away
Spin - about the same until you drop the racquet head, then you'll lose spin quickly
Feel - much better by a lot
Touch - much better by a lot

Hope it helps.