PDA

View Full Version : Murray gets the finger

oy vey
01-13-2009, 01:47 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/roddickwatch/animated%20gifs/murray.gif

Miami83095
01-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Saw that on Youtube. Stupid ballboy could have gotten his a** kicked!

veroniquem
01-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Was that DURING the match or after? I would expect that during a match, ballboys are required to observe some kind of ethical conduct...

edmondsm
01-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Looks like it's during the match. It would have been cool to see Murray go all Joe Pesci on the ballboy with tennis racquet.

veroniquem
01-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Looks like it's during the match. It would have been cool to see Murray go all Joe Pesci on the ballboy with tennis racquet.
Let's hope the line judges were more impartial. Otherwise there might be another explanation to Murray's loss than the way he played!

Babb
01-13-2009, 02:10 PM

Like the avatar. Let's hope Nalby brings the A Game to the Oz.

But yeah, Murray should've broken that guy's finger backwards and then kicked him in the face when he dropped to the ground in submission.

NamRanger
01-13-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm pretty sure Murray was being an *******. You don't flick someone off on national TV (which the ballboys ARE aware of) for no reason. Murray has been known to be *****ly; it's no surprise that something like this has happened.

Nanshiki
01-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Doubt it.

You can tell from the smirk on the kids' faces that they're just ********ed little American punks. I'm surprised they even made it through tryouts.

ronalditop
01-13-2009, 02:30 PM
im pretty sure he deserved it.

knasty131
01-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Doubt it.

You can tell from the smirk on the kids' faces that they're just ********ed little American punks. I'm surprised they even made it through tryouts.

so...being a little american punk makes you incapable of making it through tryouts?

tacou
01-13-2009, 02:38 PM
middle fingers woo woo

Lionheart392
01-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Yay, I find that very satisfying.

NamRanger
01-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Doubt it.

Doubt it? I'm pretty sure Murray is known as an asshat on the court. He's as bad as Roddick at times; sometimes worse.

ThugNasty
01-13-2009, 04:13 PM
so...being a little american punk makes you incapable of making it through tryouts?
clearly the guy didnt put enough taught in his post

SikSerb
01-13-2009, 04:31 PM
lol thats some good ****.

ChuDat
01-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Murray should take off on him

veroniquem
01-13-2009, 04:39 PM
When they're prone to abusing players during a match, it certainly should.

ChuDat
01-13-2009, 04:55 PM
The other two ballboys seemed to thing it was funny. I wonder why that ballboy gave Murray the finger.

vbranis
01-13-2009, 04:57 PM
He could've been flipping off someone else, maybe another ball boy across the court? :-?

Watch the youtube vid carefully and draw your own conclusion.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP9U7_pktpg

ChuDat
01-13-2009, 05:04 PM
It looks like the ballboy gave Murray a quick look when he flipped him off.

veroniquem
01-13-2009, 05:04 PM
He could've been flipping off someone else, maybe another ball boy across the court? :-?

Watch the youtube vid carefully and draw your own conclusion.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP9U7_pktpg
You know what, you're absolutely right, the boy was looking in a different direction. That has absolutely nothing to do with Murray. Thanks for drawing our attention to it.

paulorenzo
01-13-2009, 05:12 PM
The other two ballboys seemed to thing it was funny. I wonder why that ballboy gave Murray the finger.

murray seems like he can be a d o u c h e on court. especially back when he couldnt control his emotions as well(circa 2006 and prior).

paulorenzo
01-13-2009, 05:20 PM
You know what, you're absolutely right, the boy was looking in a different direction. That has absolutely nothing to do with Murray. Thanks for drawing our attention to it.

well the guy flipping andy off was looking directly at murray prior to the act. in the same fashion, his finger and arm were aimed at the same direction towards andy. but honestly it's too hard to tell where he was exactly looking due to the video quality.
so it's anyone's guess. but for the sake of a good chuckle, on my part, i say he's flipping andy off.

veroniquem
01-13-2009, 05:26 PM
well the guy flipping andy off was looking directly at murray prior to the act. in the same fashion, his finger and arm were aimed at the same direction towards andy. but honestly it's too hard to tell where he was exactly looking due to the video quality.
so it's anyone's guess. but for the sake of a good chuckle, on my part, i say he's flipping andy off.
I say that's your imagination, looking at it again, I realized the boy looked PAST Murray. Anyhow that's the way I see it!

vbranis
01-13-2009, 05:54 PM
I say that's your imagination, looking at it again, I realized the boy looked PAST Murray. Anyhow that's the way I see it!

Yeah, that's how it looked to me, too. Makes sense for ball boys to do something like that to each other, considering how much time they spend together during the tourney.

Nanshiki
01-13-2009, 06:08 PM
clearly the guy didnt put enough taught in his post

clearly, neither did you.

Nanshiki
01-13-2009, 06:09 PM

I'm SURE the tryouts involve what is essentially a job interview, so YES. Asshats need not apply.

paulorenzo
01-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Yeah, that's how it looked to me, too. Makes sense for ball boys to do something like that to each other, considering how much time they spend together during the tourney.

good point.

SempreSami
01-13-2009, 06:10 PM
I'll bet that kid's really tough.

sargeinaz
01-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Doubt it.

Shut up you clown. Those little boys can probably beat you up and they get to be at professional tennis matches. You sound bitter.

tacou
01-13-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm an American punk. suck on my middle finger, b itchess

Oui, c'est moi.
01-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Shut up you clown. Those little boys can probably beat you up and they get to be at professional tennis matches. You sound bitter.
You're one of them, aren't you?

Noveson
01-13-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm SURE the tryouts involve what is essentially a job interview, so YES. Asshats need not apply.

I'm sure you are completely wrong;) Japanese(guessing) idiots need not apply.

plain jane
01-14-2009, 03:46 AM
After watching the youtube clip it did look like they were looking past Murray probably to someone on the other side of the court. But it is funnier when u assume that it is Murray getting the finger so....

cknobman
01-14-2009, 05:19 AM
LOL he should have taken his finger and given Murray a "wet willy"!!!!

Nanshiki
01-14-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm sure you are completely wrong;) Japanese(guessing) idiots need not apply.

not japanese, and statistically speaking there's a 99% chance that I'm smarter than you

Nanshiki
01-14-2009, 09:04 PM

no, they could not.

and they should show a shred of dignity and professionalism on INTERNATIONAL TELEVISION since they're representing MY country.

NamRanger
01-14-2009, 09:10 PM
no, they could not.

and they should show a shred of dignity and professionalism on INTERNATIONAL TELEVISION since they're representing MY country.

Well, Djokovic certainly didn't show any professionalism at all at the USO, and neither did Hewitt (no matter if it was intentional or not) with the whole Blake incident. Also, Chela spat at Hewitt in 2005, etc. etc.

Bad things happen. I'm sure Murray probably deserves it anyways. He's not known to be the most friendly person on court.

vascoboy
01-14-2009, 10:08 PM

i hear Arnaud Clement is right up there too...

vascoboy
01-14-2009, 10:10 PM
no, they could not.

ask umps about this...

Nanshiki
01-15-2009, 01:54 PM
The difference is that sometimes, being an *** is part of being a pro tennis player. People are paying to see the occasional tantrum and bad behavior. That would be like NASCAR without crashes or hockey with fights.