PDA

View Full Version : Share your Yonex RDX500 string set-ups

DennisK
01-13-2009, 02:24 PM
I own a few RDX500's MP's and I'm interested in hearing what other users string theirs with.

I like to use mine strung with Luxilon Big Banger Alu 17g at 55lbs. I find this gives me loads of spin and enough control to allow me to hit out, but still provides me with enough power to put balls away without much too much trouble.

The flex of the racket goes well with the stiffer string and allows a nice compromise. I've just bought some SPPP and i'm looking forward to seeing how it compares. I thinking of stringing it around 58 - 60lbs. Does this sound about right? I like to take pretty big cuts at the ball.

goosala
01-13-2009, 05:47 PM
I can't comment on the MP but I owned two of the mids. What I definitely would say is that you have to string them fairly low in tension to get any depth of shot. I swing like a mad man with them and even at 60 lbs. they felt tight. I had to lead them up with 5 inches of 1/4 tape at 3 and 9 to get stability. After stringing them with regulary syn gut at 56 lbs. they livened up a great deal. If you like polys then I would not recommend going above 60 lbs. even with the 98 head size. SPPP would be a good choice in a hybrid set up. With the MP head size and poly try a hybrid with a mulitifilament string say at 56 lbs.

DennisK
01-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Cheers mate. I also own one of the mids and do find it quite a bit lower powered than the MP, but it has great feel - especially on touch shots. Its also a better racket for serving.

The mid came pre strung with Yonex 850, but it feels too tight. So for the mid, i think a full SPPP job strung at around the low 50's would work well.

I've never used a hybrid and usually just use a full job as the range of different strings is already bewildering at the best of times. maybe i should try one just for the hell of it. Cheers for your input.

L4RZ
01-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Tecnifibre Multifeel @ 58lbs
Although I liked Topspin CF/Multifeel (55lbs) a bit more. Feels more predictable.

mark rodgers
01-15-2009, 04:47 PM
When I owned an RDX500 MP I liked it strung up with SPPP. The orange color looks good with the graphics too.