PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Strings?

hoodjem
01-13-2009, 07:00 PM
I did a search, and I was surprised how little talk there is here on Gamma strings.
They seem to have huge variety.

Do you like any Gamma strings?

What's your favorite Gamma string?

davidahenry
01-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Yeah - Gamma strings don't seem to get much discussion and defintely don't seem to get much love on these boards. I have used a few Gamma strings over the years and have found them all to be rather "so so". For example, I tried Gamma LiveWire XP (higher-end multi) this past summer. There wasn't anything great about it - there wasn't anything awful about it. (As far as higher-end mutli's go, I prefer Tecnifibre X-One BiPhase and Babolat Xcel Power - especially Xcel Power).

I do have a set of Gamma Zo Tour on hand but haven't strung it up yet. I've read some decent things about it though. We'll see...

Take care.

DH

sk8ing
01-13-2009, 07:43 PM
well, they do have a porformance guarantee
so in other words if there strings dont improve your game you get youre money back

Tempest344
01-13-2009, 07:48 PM
I have tried TNT2 16
it had not much feel but Good Power

the Gamma Synthetic with wear guard is a pretty good basic string though I thought

ChrisCrocker
01-13-2009, 07:56 PM
gamma power was pretty decent, starts with control and dies and switches to power

jamesbond4
01-13-2009, 08:03 PM
I have tried almost ever poly and gamma zo tour is the only one that has made me switch from my ALU. It is as good if not better then ALU.

dancraig
01-13-2009, 08:06 PM
I string Gamma Revelation for customers that want a low cost multifilament.

The_Question
01-13-2009, 08:46 PM
I think that's the same for Gamma racquets. Nobody ever talks about them.

Never tried them, but probably will try their cheap syn gut...

PROTENNIS63
01-14-2009, 04:22 AM
Gamma strings are not that good. Their multis are expensive and there are other multis (like Tecnifibre) which are cheaper and play better.

fin-tennis(h)
01-14-2009, 04:27 AM
Gamma Professional is very popular natural gut substitute. I haven't played with it myself.

ryangoring
01-14-2009, 05:08 AM
I have a bunch of gamma professional and I like the feel of the string. It feels great when strung fresh. But after a good set or two, it starts to get mute. These are the only gamma strings that I have played with and I got these strings very cheap on the bay. Yeah I like them a lot, and now that I'll be stringing my own sticks, it will be fresh every time I go out.

fin-tennis(h)
01-14-2009, 05:22 AM
I have a bunch of gamma professional and I like the feel of the string. It feels great when strung fresh. But after a good set or two, it starts to get mute. These are the only gamma strings that I have played with and I got these strings very cheap on the bay. Yeah I like them a lot, and now that I'll be stringing my own sticks, it will be fresh every time I go out.

Is it compareable with other "gut like" multis? Excels, NXTs, maybe? Thanks.

GPB
01-14-2009, 09:39 AM
I string Gamma Revelation for customers that want a low cost multifilament.

The best player I know (assistant coach for the local high school, constantly wins open leagues in the nearby city, etc) uses Gamma Revelation. He strings his rackets (K6.1 95) often, and this string is the best bang for his buck.

Lefty5
01-14-2009, 11:30 AM
It is total overpriced crap. If you are playing with Gamma strings, you are a sucker as I can name 20 lower priced strings in each category that play better. Their rankings they advertise must be rigged or paid for.

By the way, I tried Zo orange and it broke in 10 minutes, I play with poly's exclusively and never break them. I went to gamma twice, they ignored me both times.

aldekeuk
01-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Gamma strings do seem a bit overpriced. but if you get them at a discount on an auction site like the "Bay", the cost comes much more in-line with other brands.

The ones i have used are as follows:
TNT2 & Revelation - multis similar to Wilson Sensation
XP Live Wire - very good multi, one of my abo****e favorites
Professional - soft, gut-like feel; but does go a little mushy on you after a couple of sessions.
Asterisk - junk that broke ridiculously fast

ryangoring
01-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Sorry, but this is only multi I have ever used. So I can't give you an honest answer on that.

aldekeuk
01-14-2009, 02:00 PM

IMO, Gamma Professional is MUCH softer than the multis you mentioned. It is the softest multi I have found out there (along with Prince Premier w/Softflex).

jbetti
01-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Gamma seemed to be a hot string company a few years ago, or maybe just in my old neck of the woods, hard to tell.

Personally I'm not a fan. Some of their strings are pretty good, but Gamma strings are generally higher priced than comparable strings from other brands.

Asterisk and Zo were both very disappointing and overpriced. TNT2 and Professional are both good if you're into those types of strings, but if you're going to spend that much money, just get K Gut or the Techfibre multis. They're better.

mikeler
01-15-2009, 07:14 AM
I have tried TNT2 16
it had not much feel but Good Power

the Gamma Synthetic with wear guard is a pretty good basic string though I thought

Gamma synthetic gut 16 with Wearguard lasted only half as long for me as the standard Gamma synthetic gut 16. It's a good synthetic gut, but PSGD lasts just a little bit longer which is why I use it.

SchreckTennis
01-15-2009, 09:20 AM
I like all of my Gamma strings- I haven't actually used any of them, but they were free! :twisted: (with my stringer)

Bolivian Ace
01-15-2009, 11:38 AM
I tried a few loved the asterix, but it lasted me the same as the plain syn gut, about 3 hours. so for the price I rther play with a cheap Gosen that plays about the same.