PDA

View Full Version : How does one go about hiring a world classpersonal tennis coach for a period of time?

lovethetriangle
01-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Does anyone know? Is it even possible?

Someone world renowned and recognized, how does this happen?

pro_staff
01-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Throw money at them. A lot of it.

lovethetriangle
01-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Throw money at them. A lot of it.

That I know, but where can one find them? internet?

Pedro_2008
01-15-2009, 02:01 AM
Head on down to Bollitieri
tell old Nick you want to be a top pro
give him a cheque for $100,000
and for 9 months he'll give you his top coach one on one
but you'll still be rubbish at the end of it
I know this is true as an ex top coach from there told me himself

phoenicks
01-15-2009, 10:38 PM

look for Robert Lansdorp, I believe he 's 1 of the most affordable world class stroke technique coach ($125 per hour !!!) and he's willing to teach any1 (as long as you listen to everything he said and do accordingly ). It's worth every penny you spent, $100,000 on Nick who???

lovethetriangle
01-16-2009, 01:33 AM
look for Robert Lansdorp, I believe he 's 1 of the most affordable world class stroke technique coach ($125 per hour !!!) and he's willing to teach any1 (as long as you listen to everything he said and do accordingly ). It's worth every penny you spent, $100,000 on Nick who???

does anyone know his contact info?

Can't find his # anywhere.

10s talk
01-16-2009, 03:20 AM
I have a # and address, open your email and I will send it to you

lovethetriangle
01-16-2009, 03:29 AM
I have a # and address, open your email and I will send it to you

Thanks!!! I sent you a pm here with my email address. Thanks bro.

NamRanger
01-16-2009, 07:20 AM

Yes, I'm pretty sure Robert Lansdorp is probably the most affordable pro tennis coach (isn't he based out of California?) for the mere mortals like us.

I think Bolletari is more of a tennis academy where you go there for the competition, not necessarily because of the instruction.

Julieta
01-16-2009, 07:41 AM
Unless you are under eighteen it will be hard to find someone unless you are prepared to pay dearly.

Also I think world class may not necessarily be the best option...there are a lot of good coaches out there who are not famous.

nickynu
01-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Ok Im going to post exactly what everybody is thinking about this thread.

WHY? can you tell us a little about your background (age fitness, current ability) , what you think you can achieve, why a top coach would be interested in working with you, and your long/short term goals are. Im fascinated

Thanks

Bungalo Bill
01-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Unless you are under eighteen it will be hard to find someone unless you are prepared to pay dearly.

Also I think world class may not necessarily be the best option...there are a lot of good coaches out there who are not famous.

Very true. I knew one outstanding coach that did not have to pay court fees out of the earnings collected and charged $25 an hour cash. No checks, etc...

Truly an outstanding coach who worked your butt off for the hour you spent with her.

Mike Cottrill
01-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Very true. I knew one outstanding coach that did not have to pay court fees out of the earnings collected and charged $25 an hour cash. No checks, etc...

Truly an outstanding coach who worked your butt off for the hour you spent with her.

Are you dating yourself?

Julieta
01-16-2009, 12:39 PM

Is she still coaching?!

They are definitely out there but sometimes people don't recognize them because they don't market themselves. Also when juniors are involved, some coaches work the whole parent angle better than others. Of course also some coaches don't get a good rep because some people don't want to work hard and/or want coaches to make them feel good. I do think its very possible to make a person learn and work their butt off and also make them feel good about themselves but as a result of the hard work, not schmoozing.

And as you also pointed out, some of them are women! It is pretty hard for women in coaching, even girls tend to want a male coach but two of my friends are VERY GOOD coaches. One friend trained a girl who ended up #1 NCAA. Another friend took a group of girls that everyone else had more or less written off and got them to where they were doing pretty well on the challenger circuit. I could see both of these ladies - especially the last one because she is more at a place personally where she could do it - being a very good coach to a WTA player.

Julieta
01-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Are you dating yourself?

It is amazing what some coaches are getting now. A guy I used to go to now charges $75 an hour! I would love to go back to him, but forget it. Luckily I kept a notebook and still have everything he told me written down!!!!

Bungalo Bill
01-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Is she still coaching?!

I honestly dont know.

They are definitely out there but sometimes people don't recognize them because they don't market themselves. Also when juniors are involved, some coaches work the whole parent angle better than others. Of course also some coaches don't get a good rep because some people don't want to work hard and/or want coaches to make them feel good. I do think its very possible to make a person learn and work their butt off and also make them feel good about themselves but as a result of the hard work, not schmoozing.

Yes they are. I would charge the same if I had time to coach players. As it stands, I grab my basket of balls and on occasion when I feel like coaching will train my friends for free.

If you lived in Idaho, I would do the same for you. I actually like coaching more than playing now.

Bungalo Bill
01-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Are you dating yourself?

LOL, hope not.

Julieta
01-16-2009, 01:59 PM
I honestly dont know.

Yes they are. I would charge the same if I had time to coach players. As it stands, I grab my basket of balls and on occasion when I feel like coaching will train my friends for free.

If you lived in Idaho, I would do the same for you. I actually like coaching more than playing now.

Be careful what you say! I have relatives there! You know we basques are all over Nevada, Idaho and California!

sharpilistik
01-16-2009, 02:02 PM

we need more information... how old are you?? what is your ntrp? do you have a ranking of any kind? how long have you been playing?

do you have lots of money?

Like originally posted, if you are over 18 it would be harder to get good coaching. Anyone over 18 is considered old in tennis...

most top world class coaches are only interested in teaching rising juniors or those with significant rankings or those promising young kids...

also if you are not a certain level most top coaches will not even consider you for coaching.

you need to be careful with "world class." world class coaches only coach "world class" players, any attempts of getting roger federer's or safin's coach would be futile

obviously the better coaches arent going to be posting their numbers at your local tennis center... you're gonna have to find them yourself. and if you do, be ready to take out big money.

lovethetriangle
01-16-2009, 08:09 PM
LOL, hope not.

Hi bill, did you receive my last email?

So does anyone have this robert landcorps contact info?

Thanks cheers

nickynu
01-17-2009, 05:03 PM

So does anyone have this robert landcorps contact info?

Thanks cheers

Hmm I think guy has done enough in the game for you to at least find out his name, and he also deserves a little more respect than calling him "this robert landcorps"

Honestly man, find out a little about him at least, EG who he has coached and his considerable achievements. If you want him (or any coach ) to respect you, you have to show you are serious about it.

lovethetriangle
01-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Hmm I think guy has done enough in the game for you to at least find out his name, and he also deserves a little more respect than calling him "this robert landcorps"

Honestly man, find out a little about him at least, EG who he has coached and his considerable achievements. If you want him (or any coach ) to respect you, you have to show you are serious about it.

Didn't mean any disrespect, this reply was done through my cell as I was rushing so didn't bother to check the spelling.

I googled him for a few hours soon as someone brought his name up and i'm very, very interested. However, none of the sites mentioned his contact info.

10s talk
01-18-2009, 08:40 AM
did you try the numbers I sent you ?

lovethetriangle
01-18-2009, 08:55 PM
did you try the numbers I sent you ?

Bro didn't receive any, please try gov825@hotmail.com

Thanks again!

lovethetriangle
01-19-2009, 11:34 PM
anyone?????

Moz
01-20-2009, 01:46 AM
Can you clarify what you mean. Do you want a personal coach who coaches you alone? How many hours a week? Or are you just after a big name for fairly regular one to one coaching?

Bungalo Bill
01-20-2009, 07:35 AM
Be careful what you say! I have relatives there! You know we basques are all over Nevada, Idaho and California!

Yes, I do. :)

Bungalo Bill
01-20-2009, 07:36 AM

I think I did, didnt I respond to it?

lovethetriangle
01-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Can you clarify what you mean. Do you want a personal coach who coaches you alone? How many hours a week? Or are you just after a big name for fairly regular one to one coaching?

Initially I just wanted to find out if it's even possible to hire a big name coach, so far it looks like it is.

It really depends on the rate, if it's reasonable such as Robert lansdorp, I wouldn't mind going a month for a few hours a day. Would you know any other names?

lovethetriangle
01-20-2009, 07:46 AM
I think I did, didnt I respond to it?

Not yet bro, replied you with a vid attachment, thanks in advance. Hope all's well.

Topaz
02-01-2009, 03:28 PM
It is amazing what some coaches are getting now. A guy I used to go to now charges $75 an hour! I would love to go back to him, but forget it. Luckily I kept a notebook and still have everything he told me written down!!!!

I believe my club is now up to $90 per hour for a private lesson. Out of my budget range, for sure. :(