PDA

View Full Version : Poly life

DarthCow
01-13-2009, 10:18 PM
I recently just found a set of Luxilon Monotec Supersense in the bottom of my tennis bag, which i remember buying and the end of 2007/early 08.

The string was in a plastic bag, in a small cardboard case in my bag, and i hadnt really taken much notice of it until now.

This is luxilon we are talking about...
Would it still be fine to string up after a year??

My bag isnt too insulated, which means it has been faced with hot and cold conditions, but nothing too extreme (remember it was tightly covered!)

Will it affect its play in any way?

Thanks in advance.

Tombhoneb
01-14-2009, 02:51 AM
I dont think it will effect it to much. Strings are flown over the world being put under extreme cold temperatures. If the strings were in a a racket though, it would be a totally different story. JMO.

MarrratSafin
01-14-2009, 02:59 AM
String with it, I would say it's as good as new. One year is definitely not a problem for a poly IMO. Won't say that if it was an opened pack of gut though.

Bud
01-14-2009, 03:13 AM
I recently just found a set of Luxilon Monotec Supersense in the bottom of my tennis bag, which i remember buying and the end of 2007/early 08.

The string was in a plastic bag, in a small cardboard case in my bag, and i hadnt really taken much notice of it until now.

This is luxilon we are talking about...
Would it still be fine to string up after a year??

My bag isnt too insulated, which means it has been faced with hot and cold conditions, but nothing too extreme (remember it was tightly covered!)

Will it affect its play in any way?

Thanks in advance.

Before installing it make sure you burp it and take its temperature, first :lol:

It's tennis racquet string, not a Ming vase.

fin-tennis(h)
01-14-2009, 04:12 AM
Try it. Polys are not that sensitive.