Marius_Hancu
02-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Hm,

in Dubai

even lower to not spoil ....

not surprising to me, Kiefer's good:

N. Kiefer(GER) d. M. Safin(RUS)
7-6 - 6-4

now half of Fed's competition is gone ....

fjgarciap
02-22-2005, 09:46 AM
Why is this result so expectable for me? mmmh ... mmmhhh ...

Gemini
02-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Kiefer's a solid player and when he's on his game, I'd like to think he's as good as anyone in the top 10 except for Federer. He's somewhat unimaginative in his baseline game, but he can be fairly sublime at net and on his returns. I just wish he wasn't so easily rattled mentally, but against someone like Safin, he would be a rock of mental fortitude.

Metzler
02-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Not a good sign for Safin. He is complaining about media reports of alcolholism in the past, rather than focusing on his tennis. Kiefer I see as an easy matchup for Safin, a "batting practice pitcher" meaning he consistently throws up 3/4 pace stuff - he can't overpower someone like Roddick can, or befuddle them like Santoro can. Safin should "routine" him 4 and 3 without much effort. The beginning of another post-OZ bad patch which last year lasted until the fall indoor season?

Brettolius
02-22-2005, 10:43 AM
No Way Man!! He's Fed's Big Rival, Surely!! It's About Time He Turned Things Around!! He's Gonna Start Tuning Fed And The Rest Of The Tour Up!! He's The Goat. ooopss...spoke too soon

Free_Martha
02-23-2005, 08:51 AM
So he'll crash out in the first round of a few small tournaments and then come back to win Roland Garros. Just another day in the life of Marat.

Brettolius
02-23-2005, 11:13 AM
no, he won't. maybe we'll see his *** again, but methinks that's about it. he'll end up drawing santoro or rochus.

prince
02-23-2005, 02:28 PM
he did a lot of partying after the AO - no time to practice til maybe 2 weeks before roland garros.