PDA

View Full Version : Trouble finding Rated Tourneys in my area

Blask
01-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Hey Everyone,

I love tournament competition both singles and doubles and really want to get back in to playing some after a 12 year layoff (currently 31 years old). I'm only a 3.5 player but would still like to get involved in rated tourneys. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about finding these in my area? I don't mind driving a bit to get to them (I live in Central Virginia).

I check tennislink often on the USTA site but I never seem to find anything but junior, open and 35's/45's tournaments. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spots. When I was younger and in my teens I played a lot of tournaments, it seemed like there was a new one every month, now I can't seem to find anything.

Thanks
Blask

Moz
01-14-2009, 11:29 AM
The midatlantic region has a very poor schedule for NTRP tournaments. You may end up having to get your kicks from singles in league play.

Jim A
01-14-2009, 12:43 PM
take a look at the 2008 events when on TennisLink and checking your district, in my area there's not a lot of '09 stuff up but I can look through the 08 events as well as who played, results etc ...i typically keep the search strings to a min outside of my district

Blask
01-14-2009, 02:45 PM
The midatlantic region has a very poor schedule for NTRP tournaments. You may end up having to get your kicks from singles in league play.

Not the news I was hoping for but thank you for the info

Mr. Forehand
01-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Greensboro, NC has an NTRP just about every month throughout the year. There are a few people that come from Va. to play. I dont know how far that is for you but that might be an option.