PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid for Luxilon Roughs...

Fedster
01-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Any good crosses for a Lux Rough main hybrid?

Two stringers told me two different ones: NRG 16 & NXT 16.

Any other suggestions based on experience?

I want control and feel, but nothing too dead.

I'm using a KSix.One 95.

Thanks!

NickC
01-14-2009, 12:54 PM
NXT blows, and hard. Try X-1 or NRG2, two of the best multis on the market.

am22fcw
01-14-2009, 03:50 PM
if you want feel then put in a good soft multi. i personally wouldn't waste my money putting x-1 biphase in the crosses but do as you like!

am22fcw
01-14-2009, 03:52 PM
biphase is a really good string and i would put it in the mains if i had it. i have used nxt 17 in the crosses with bb alu power rough in the mains and i felt that it was a great hybrid.

Fedster
01-14-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm hearing really good things with ALU Power or Roughs in the mains, and NXT Tour 16 in crosses.

Any experience and/or feedback on this????

jcstennis
01-14-2009, 09:04 PM
i use ALU R mains with X1 (Red) cross... the red X1 seems to be a bit more stiffer, more plastic-like than the natural... but still a very, very nice feel!

good luck... btw the ALUR/X1 Red would look nice in a K95

jules2
01-15-2009, 06:41 AM
I'm hearing really good things with ALU Power or Roughs in the mains, and NXT Tour 16 in crosses.

Any experience and/or feedback on this????

I have tried quite a few combinations and find ALU rough mains (56#) and NXT Crosses (58#) to be the best. The NXT really compliments the Alu. It does go a bit dead fairly quickly though.

Fedster
01-15-2009, 08:17 AM
I have tried quite a few combinations and find ALU rough mains (56#) and NXT Crosses (58#) to be the best. The NXT really compliments the Alu. It does go a bit dead fairly quickly though.

Interesting. Why do you have the crosses at a higher tension? TW says it recommends that the mains be strung tighter than the crosses. What do you find in going the other way? Have you tried both?

davidahenry
01-15-2009, 08:45 AM
I recently strung up a hybrid of Alu Power Rough mains and NRG 16 crosses. It played nicely - a little softer and a little more powerful than a full Alu Power Rough job. I absolutely love playing with full Alu Power Rough, so I quickly switched back to it. Nevertheless, this was a pretty decent hybrid - just not ideal for me.

Take care.

DH

jules2
01-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Interesting. Why do you have the crosses at a higher tension? TW says it recommends that the mains be strung tighter than the crosses. What do you find in going the other way? Have you tried both?

Lux needs to be strung at a lower tension (10% lower according to the instructions on the packet). As such, I suppose the equivalent tension is higher in the mains when I'm only stringing 3% lower. If that makes sense :S