PDA

View Full Version : Head Microgel Radical Stringing

Tennis16
01-14-2009, 04:06 PM
I just purchased a radical, and had it strung by a local stringer. He strung the racket as one piece. It feels kind of tinny when I hit with it. Could that posiible be the cause ? Manufacture recommends two piece stringing. Anybody with experience with this your input is appreciated. Thanks

jim e
01-14-2009, 05:04 PM
I just purchased a radical, and had it strung by a local stringer. He strung the racket as one piece. It feels kind of tinny when I hit with it. Could that posiible be the cause ? Manufacture recommends two piece stringing. Anybody with experience with this your input is appreciated. Thanks

Since all microgel radicals mains end at the throat, 2 piece is recommended, but, if they strung it with an ATW pattern then you are OK as a 1 piece, as head requires top down stringing. It should not effect how it hits unless stringing it caused a crack somewheres, which could happen if strung bottom up. Most likely your stringer would know that top down is recommended by Head, and an ATW was done to string as a 1 piece, as many prefer to string 1 piece,so most likely you are OK.

Tennis16
01-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the repsonse. It may feel kind of tinny to me because I just switched from a Babolat Pure Storm to Head Microgel radical.