PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic gut with GOOD SPIN

lawlitssoo1n
01-14-2009, 09:01 PM
i looking for a better alternative to my cross strings.
PLEASE NO MULTI's

I know some good ones are
gamma ruff
Wilson Synthetic Gut extreme Spin
babolat super fine play rough
ANY OTHER GOOD AND AFFORDABLE ONES????

vndesu
01-14-2009, 09:02 PM
psgd.

10char

Nanshiki
01-14-2009, 09:13 PM
yes, PSGD has good spin in the right racquet.

Wilson Super Spin isn't bad either.

Spin string does jack spit in the crosses though.

StumpyDaMooseGod
01-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Wilson Super Spin?

lawlitssoo1n
01-14-2009, 09:21 PM
oh i've used psgd. i break those in a week. i guess i should have added durable too

vndesu
01-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Wilson Super Spin?

ifound super spins to be good but durability sucks.
id either go for psgd, forten nylon, or gamma syn gut
but thats just me

lawlitssoo1n
01-14-2009, 09:25 PM
hm... i just thought of putting prince topspin on the crosses. not sure which one to go with
topspin plus 16G or the topspin w/ duraflex 15L

hellonewbie
01-14-2009, 11:29 PM
I put Prince Top-Spin in as crosses, not exactly sure if it really adds more spin compared to PSG as a cross string.

SchreckTennis
01-14-2009, 11:43 PM
I heard Pro Supex SG w/ Spiral Flex adds some spin and it is cheap- but I can't confirm that as I haven't played with it yet.

Valjean
01-15-2009, 05:14 AM
hm... i just thought of putting prince topspin on the crosses. not sure which one to go with
topspin plus 16G or the topspin w/ duraflex 15L
Topspin 15L, the one with Duraflex added in; the other is frail too.

Spatula
01-15-2009, 05:24 AM
Honestly its a synthetic gut, you can only expect so much out of it. It terms of durability and spin. My sugguestion is to simply try a few and see what works best for your game and racquet setup. They are cheap. Start with the cheapest ones and work your way up perhaps.

Titan (Pro Supex) is a soft string IMO and a decent cross. I prefer something a touch stiffer such as Head PPS (always 17g for me though) or Gosen.

Good luck in your search.

Nuke
01-15-2009, 05:35 AM
i looking for a better alternative to my cross strings.
But the cross strings really don't contribute that much to the spin potential. Most syns (PSG, OG Micro) used only in the crosses will be pretty much the same, spinwise -- it's your main strings and your technique that will determine whether you can get good spin.

mikeler
01-15-2009, 05:50 AM
oh i've used psgd. i break those in a week. i guess i should have added durable too

I hit with a lot of spin and love PSGD 16 but it only lasts a few matches. Fortunately, I have my own stringer so that is not an issue. Gamma 16 is good too, just a little less durable than PSGD. If durability is a major issue, then a pure synthetic gut setup probably won't work for you. Prince Topspin breaks pretty quickly too in my experience.

l_gonzalez
01-16-2009, 07:01 AM

Your racquet has a pretty tight string pattern so try a thinner gauge. I use Gosen OG Sheep Micro 17 on the crosses and it's superb. good bite on the ball, and a crisp feel. Can't be beaten in terms of value for money either!

It lasts me about 10-12 hours when combined with Kirschbaum Super Spiky on the mains.

lawlitssoo1n
01-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Your racquet has a pretty tight string pattern so try a thinner gauge. I use Gosen OG Sheep Micro 17 on the crosses and it's superb. good bite on the ball, and a crisp feel. Can't be beaten in terms of value for money either!

It lasts me about 10-12 hours when combined with Kirschbaum Super Spiky on the mains.

nahh i hate the lower gauge feel. i like more control :D
btw i think imma just stick with gosen micro and psgd cuz i got them for free :D

StevenLaurence
01-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Try German CrazySpin, it's a 17ga Poly on the mains and 18ga Fluoro on the crosses.
Add some string savors for even more spin!

NickC
01-16-2009, 04:27 PM
No string will help you if you only put it in the crosses, and expect more spin. In a hybrid, the crosses are there to soften the mains, or when a poly is employed in the crosses, it's to tone down the power of the mains (gut). You won't get extra spin even if you put weed whacker string in the crosses.