PDA

View Full Version : GOT A FREE String from Luxilon. What is this ???

Fedace
01-15-2009, 06:05 AM
I just got a free string from Luxilon yesterday. i have no clue what this is. string saids,, Luxilon M2 Pro on it. Is this a new string from Luxilon ??? Is this any good ?? Does anyone want it ??????

jrod
01-15-2009, 06:09 AM
I just got a free string from Luxilon yesterday. i have no clue what this is. string saids,, Luxilon M2 Pro on it. Is this a new string from Luxilon ??? Is this any good ?? Does anyone want it ??????

have you tried searching on these boards before posting your question? i recall seeing a number of posts with reviews on this string.

Zhou
01-15-2009, 06:16 AM
Dude shut up about the free string. You haven't even sent me the Big Ace I won in your contest over a month ago.

Fedace
01-15-2009, 06:26 AM
Dude shut up about the free string. You haven't even sent me the Big Ace I won in your contest over a month ago.

My apologies.. ZHOU. I need your adress and name again. i sent it but it came back to me. I will send it out Today again,, i just lost your adress ,, that is all. since i feel so bad about it, i can throw in this Free set i got from Lux IN with the Big ace. and Who was that other dude that i was supposed to sent the Lux alu power to ?????????:confused::oops:

Zhou
01-15-2009, 06:27 AM
My apologies.. ZHOU. I need your adress and name again. i sent it but it came back to me. I will send it out Today again,, i just lost your adress ,, that is all. since i feel so bad about it, i can throw in this Free set i got from Lux IN with the Big ace. and Who was that other dude that i was supposed to sent the Lux alu power to ?????????:confused::oops:

If that was the case, you could have emailed me via TW.

I'll email you right now.

Fedace
01-15-2009, 06:29 AM

I had forgotten even who the guys were, so i couldn't even email. and do you remember who that other dude that i was supposed to send the string to was ?????????

Fedace
01-15-2009, 06:30 AM

Got your EMAIL. I will send out Big ace + the new string i got from Luxilon today afternoon. Is this Luxilon any good, do you know ?? I will never know now,,,i suppose.. maybe you can tell me later.

Spatula
01-15-2009, 06:35 AM
For someone who scours the boards, posts over 9200 times...I find it hard to believe you haven't heard about the new Luxillon strings that came out.

Also, if you forgot who won your little contest, you could have gone back to the thread you started on it.

This kid never ceases to amaze me with the trash he posts.

Fedace
01-15-2009, 06:40 AM
For someone who scours the boards, posts over 9200 times...I find it hard to believe you haven't heard about the new Luxillon strings that came out.

Also, if you forgot who won your little contest, you could have gone back to the thread you started on it.

This kid never ceases to amaze me with the trash he posts.

LOL.....I guess you are right...i think these guys are in the post that i started. Thanks for the TIP. now i will go and find that other guy, i forgot about. i think i will throw in the YONEX multi with the Alu power for him...:)

Fedace
01-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Oh and Spatula,,,can you find me that thread on the new Luxilon string for me please ??? thank you.

Nuke
01-15-2009, 07:05 AM
9200 posts and you haven't figured out the search function yet?

dexian
01-15-2009, 07:06 AM
Dude, you're an absolute spammer.
Stop that, it's kinda annoying. There is a search function, use it.
How did you get free strings?

nationals
01-15-2009, 07:12 AM
I had forgotten even who the guys were, so i couldn't even email. and do you remember who that other dude that i was supposed to send the string to was ?????????

me!! i was but maybe you lost my address so i wil send it to you again.

Fedace
01-15-2009, 07:15 AM
me!! i was but maybe you lost my address so i wil send it to you again.

LOL,,,are you sure ?? Other guy was named Lawlisson, i believe. I went back to the originally thread and checked...

Zhou
01-15-2009, 07:17 AM
Fedace, you don't have to include the M2. Its fine.

nationals
01-15-2009, 07:18 AM
maybe he did too, but so did i i can check my messages to show u

MIGHTY MANFRED THE WONDER
01-15-2009, 08:02 AM
re: Is this Luxilon any good?

Synopsis so you don't have to go running around chasing down threads/reviews-
Used by Stanford and Thatcher, so..... no.

william7gr
01-15-2009, 09:52 AM
9200 posts and you haven't figured out the search function yet?

I was just thinking about that too :D

TennezSport
01-15-2009, 10:28 AM
I just got a free string from Luxilon yesterday. i have no clue what this is. string saids,, Luxilon M2 Pro on it. Is this a new string from Luxilon ??? Is this any good ??

Fedace,

As you know by now that M2 is the new string from Luxilon. It was given out at the Stringers Symposium last Oct for us to test. There are several reviews on the boards as people mentioned. The string is constructed very similar to Gamma's Zo Tour with multiple strands of string inside of a poly.

The effect is supposed to be more power on touch shots and control on hard hit shots. It has the typical Luxilon feel but better tension control. When we tested it we found it to perform like Alu Power but hold tension better. We did not see the power increase on touch shots, but feel was slightly better.

Check out this link http://www.protennis.us/newstring/M2Ad.html

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

am22fcw
01-15-2009, 10:54 AM
i got my free sets about 2-3 weeks ago and these are some of the best strings i have ever used. anyway....heres a review
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=238123

Fedace
01-15-2009, 11:03 AM
^^^Thanks alot guy, Tennez and AM22. You guys are the best. I used to use Alu power but switched to Kirsch proline 2 due to better feel with proline without losing power. but this string seems really thin. is this 17 G or 18 G ?? i prefer 18 g.

am22fcw
01-15-2009, 11:10 AM
The luxilon m2 pro is 17 gauge

Fedace
01-15-2009, 11:15 AM
The luxilon m2 pro is 17 gauge

do you think this is more or less powerful than the Proline 2 ?? Feels really good to the touch.:)

TennezSport
01-15-2009, 11:35 AM
do you think this is more or less powerful than the Proline 2 ?? Feels really good to the touch.:)

If you like the touch you will not do better than Kirsch's Pro-Line II. Lux's M2 has the traditional stiff Lux feel (at least to our team). Also, the PLII held tension even better that the new M2 did. If you want a good co-poly spin string with all around performance than look no further than Kirsch's Spiky Shark, which is based on PLII with a rough coating to help with spin.

Another string that we recently tested and were amazed with was Prince's new Twisted co-poly. The string is also soft for a poly with good control, power and feel (depending on how tight you string it), but the tension maintenance was outstanding for a poly. Lot's of good stuff for 2K9.

Fedace
01-15-2009, 11:45 AM
If you like the touch you will not do better than Kirsch's Pro-Line II. Lux's M2 has the traditional stiff Lux feel (at least to our team). Also, the PLII held tension even better that the new M2 did. If you want a good co-poly spin string with all around performance than look no further than Kirsch's Spiky Shark, which is based on PLII with a rough coating to help with spin.

Another string that we recently tested and were amazed with was Prince's new Twisted co-poly. The string is also soft for a poly with good control, power and feel (depending on how tight you string it), but the tension maintenance was outstanding for a poly. Lot's of good stuff for 2K9.

I think we found a NEW String Master of the forum. I am going to buy the Spiky shark today and try it. Is spiky shark fairly new ?? and what do you think about hybrid job with Technifibre nRG2 ?? Proline 2 worked out so well with NRG2, it was a good combo.:)

Fedace
01-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Tennez, it is amazing the contrast in opinion on the new Spiky shark in the Tennis warehouse website. read below. i am still going to try this. Do you think i should do the full spiky shark or hybrid with NRG2 ? thanks.

Comments: The worst Kirschbaum string I ever tried. Felt very stiff and hard on the arm like standard polyester string. Not soft at all. Did not notice any more spin compared to P2 or Luxilon ALU Rough despite its octagonal cross section which by the way made this string extremely difficult to string. Will not repeat.

Comments: It's one of the best strings I've ever used. Has great feeling of the ball and it's really soft. The spin potential is great and the tension doesn't drop as fast as other polys.

nationals
01-15-2009, 02:53 PM
i agree with the second poster i think that Kirschbaum's spiky shark is great. I have always used textured strings, mostly for spin and feel, and I think spin wise the spiky shark 1.25mm is the best on the market, you should give it a try.

Also what about my string does that mean its going to be sent...?

Fedace
01-15-2009, 02:59 PM
i agree with the second poster i think that Kirschbaum's spiky shark is great. I have always used textured strings, mostly for spin and feel, and I think spin wise the spiky shark 1.25mm is the best on the market, you should give it a try.

Look, i like to send it but i read the original thread on the string competition. and the guy that won it is named Lawlisson and i was supposed to send it to him. so that is what i am doing. but since Zhou doesn't want the Lux demo i got, maybe i will give that to you instead ??

Fedace
01-15-2009, 03:00 PM

How does the shark compare to the Proline 2 ???

jcstennis
01-15-2009, 03:55 PM
how did you get the free string... did it just show up one day? was it anonymously sent to you? did you ask for it? are you a USRSA string tester? do you work for a club/store that might get samples of new product? did you complete a form on Luxilon's web-site requesting a free set of string, like the majority of us did?

what did the string pack look like? any writing/explanation on it?

Fedace
01-15-2009, 03:57 PM
how did you get the free string... did it just show up one day? was it anonymously sent to you? did you ask for it? are you a USRSA string tester? do you work for a club/store that might get samples of new product? did you complete a form on Luxilon's web-site requesting a free set of string, like the majority of us did?

what did the string pack look like? any writing/explanation on it?

It JUST showed up. I used to play college tennis but never had any relations with Luxilon, so that can't be it. it was in a plastic bag, no explanation. Luxilon playtest or something to that effect.. Not sure, i threw away the Plastic bag it came in.
Anyway,,, how does the Shark compare to the Proline 2 ??

Fedace
01-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Anyway, if this M2 plays anything like the Luxilon Fluoro,,,i won't like it..

jcstennis
01-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Spiky Shark is essentially PLII that is texturized.

PED
01-15-2009, 04:04 PM
J, have you played with spiky shark?

Fedace
01-15-2009, 04:14 PM

Thank you, i am definitely going to try it. i always thought Proline 2 had Sick spin but if texturized, it must be like using a spaghetti string. ?? anyway, i hope texturizing doesn't make you lose feel.....

jcstennis
01-15-2009, 04:44 PM
J, have you played with spiky shark?

i'm stringing up some PLII this week... plus the M2... after that i will try the Spiky... the KB strings have really been creating quite a buzz, so much so, a tiny shop near me may carry KB. this may not sound unusual, but they are very picky with the product they carry (or what they are "told" to carry by the big names) but they seem excited to get the string in... they are seeing it more and more coming in from customers, and also customers asking for it. i may give it a go this weekend...

i sent you an email...:)

nationals
01-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Yes the spiky shark is pretty much PLII with texture, but the texture is different from any kind i've seen and I prefer it to others including the new Hexagon strings, which seem to be a huge hit. From what i've seen from string testers responses, most people feel this may be the best string for spin performance (spiky shark 1.25mm). Go ahead and try it, its a great string, however the price is a little steep.

Fedace, i too also sent you a message.

Fedace
01-16-2009, 05:09 PM

This guy saids he feels like the Shark is more like the Competition ?? i am little confused. please read below..

Comments: Just strung my Babolat APDC with this string and played with it once. Reminds me very much of Kirschbaum Competition, but because of the shape of the string it has much more bite. Just like with Kirschbaum Competition it takes 30 minutes of hitting for it to feel nice and soft. Strings don't move at all and seems very durable. If you like playing with the Competition string but are looking for a little more bite, then give it a try.

nationals
01-17-2009, 09:21 AM
well i've never tried the competition, but from what he said it seems to make sense what are you confused about.

lawlitssoo1n
01-17-2009, 09:25 AM
just wondering if u shipped the strings fedace

TennezSport
01-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Tennez, it is amazing the contrast in opinion on the new Spiky shark in the Tennis warehouse website. read below. i am still going to try this. Do you think i should do the full spiky shark or hybrid with NRG2 ? thanks.

Comments: The worst Kirschbaum string I ever tried. Felt very stiff and hard on the arm like standard polyester string. Not soft at all. Did not notice any more spin compared to P2 or Luxilon ALU Rough despite its octagonal cross section which by the way made this string extremely difficult to string. Will not repeat.

Comments: It's one of the best strings I've ever used. Has great feeling of the ball and it's really soft. The spin potential is great and the tension doesn't drop as fast as other polys.

Fedace,

Kirsch's Spiky Shark(KSS) is very susceptible to tension so it's important to drop the tension that 5-10% depending on racket head size and string pattern density. Strung too tight and you will get exactly what Furu described. The comments that Choi stated is exactly what we found with KSS.

When working with poly or co-poly string, it's important to understand what tension ranges the string will best perform in. Since this varies by so many factors, some manufaturers will use the general statement of "reduce tension by 5 or 10% (compared to NG or Synth gut)", to offset a basic performance range. Then it's up to you to dial in the perfect tension for you.

When we spoke to the Pres of Kirsch he told us that KSS is Pro-line II core (Polytetraflouroethylene or PTFE) with a abrasive outer coating to assist with spin. We were testing it again today after a running total of 12hrs of hitting and the tension is still locked in on our DT measurements. So far, a very good soft co-poly string with great feel. Try it and let us know how you feel about it.

Fedace
01-22-2009, 02:45 PM
^^I plan on stringing my spiky at 58 lbs.. is that ok ?

kashgotmoney
01-22-2009, 02:59 PM
^^I plan on stringing my spiky at 58 lbs.. is that ok ?

it is solely up to you, different people like different tensions, typicaly, i string poly 2-3 pounds less than soft strings