PDA

View Full Version : Between the legs attempts gone wrong...

pabletion
01-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Someone posted this vid of a Roddick tweener fail....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcPx74dPDRc

Anyone got anecdotes of accidents that have happened to them whilst trying an inbetween the legs shot?

Once, I was playin mini tennis as I waited fot the court to completely dry up, I was chasing down a lob, decided to try the in-between-the-legs, as I was measuring the ball, and was swingin down, my right leg stepped on a small patch that was still a bit wet, I slipped, and my right leg got in the way of the racquet, and I smashed my shin with my Bab Pure Storm!!!!!! OUCH....., all I can say is, it looked as if I had two knees on my right leg, darn it, if only I had a camera..........

Who else?

Bolivian Ace
01-15-2009, 10:41 AM
I once fell on center court doing it.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
01-15-2009, 10:41 AM
I once saw a guy hit a serve and mess up his follow through. He got a nice shot of MG radical to the nuts.

pabletion
01-15-2009, 10:47 AM
that reminds me of another one.... there was this old guy having a lesson on the court next to me, he had a very weird forehand, where he would swing extremely low to high, finishing above his head. On one of his shots, he swings so hard and so upwards, he smashes himself on top of his head! I was watching precisely when that happened, he let out this painful scream and fell to the ground! at first it was kinda worrysome, but after seeing he was ok, it was a very funny thing to see.....

CanadianChic
01-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Ahh, I will be good.

pabletion
01-15-2009, 12:39 PM
^^ watch out!!!

TonyB
01-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Someone posted this vid of a Roddick tweener fail....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcPx74dPDRc

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but the funniest part about that is that the tennis ball went UP the one leg of his shorts and down the other leg.

No protection there, not even the fabric of his outer shorts. Oww.

TennisProdigy
01-15-2009, 02:44 PM
The worst one is when i was playing a foreign exchange student from south america and it was only his second time playing on hard courts. He attempted a tweener in the third set and ran too far back and injured his knee after hitting it against the back wall. Hes been out for the last 3 weeks :(

Tombhoneb
01-15-2009, 02:58 PM
I was doing this coaching group with another coach. The kids were having a break and so he was hitting with an assistant coach. Nearly everyone was watching and he tried to do an inbetween the legs shot. He timed it totally wrong and the ball hit the court and bounced right back into his nuts.

He fell straight to the floor and shouted ' never again!! '

GeorgeLucas
01-15-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but the funniest part about that is that the tennis ball went UP the one leg of his shorts and down the other leg.

No protection there, not even the fabric of his outer shorts. Oww.

I never noticed that!! lololololol!!

onehandbh
01-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Last year I blasted my left shin. Hurt like mofo.
Sometimes I take a pretty big cut when attempting the
tweener. I'm basically trying to hit a hard
groundstroke. I've hit it a few times in tournaments.

TonyB
01-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Worst thing that happened to me along these lines is when I got mad after losing a match, so I whipped my racquet against the backstop from about 5 feet away and it bounced back and hit me in squarely in the family jewels. And I mean squarely.

Anyone wanna guess if I ever did that again?

pabletion
01-15-2009, 09:04 PM
I was doing this coaching group with another coach. The kids were having a break and so he was hitting with an assistant coach. Nearly everyone was watching and he tried to do an inbetween the legs shot. He timed it totally wrong and the ball hit the court and bounced right back into his nuts.

He fell straight to the floor and shouted ' never again!! '

haha, this one made me laugh.... I actually pictured it in my head