PDA

View Full Version : can anybody give me a link to help me string my racket

austin_zone
01-15-2009, 03:50 PM
my favorite racket string just broke when i was playing with my cousin n i was just asking does anybody have tips on where to go to string the racket or give me a step by step help

-thank you
austin_zone

TokyopunK
01-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Step One: Buy a Stringing Machine

Max Winther
01-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Hahahaha, cmon lets help the guy out. Where do you usually play tennis? If its at a tennis club, there should be a stringer there. Give him/her your racquet and ask for suggestions for string.

austin_zone
01-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Hahahaha, cmon lets help the guy out. Where do you usually play tennis? If its at a tennis club, there should be a stringer there. Give him/her your racquet and ask for suggestions for string.

naw i play at the park with my cousins nobody goes there besides us and i ask my friend he said its 60 bucks =/ idk thanks for your help ill probaly go to a club or just ask my cousin to string it XD

SOY78
01-16-2009, 07:15 AM
For 60 bux you can buy another used racquet.

origmarm
01-16-2009, 07:40 AM
You should be able to get a stringing service at a sports shop such as (of the few I have come to know in the US): Dicks, Sports Authority, Sports Chalet, Golf Smith etc..etc..I would expect this to be $15-20ish including basic string (such as a Prince Synthetic Gut with Duraflex, recommended).

Otherwise you can find a stringer near you here:
http://www.racquettech.com/top/stringer_search.html

Cheers, Orig

SchreckTennis
01-16-2009, 07:46 AM
naw i play at the park with my cousins nobody goes there besides us and i ask my friend he said its 60 bucks =/ idk thanks for your help ill probaly go to a club or just ask my cousin to string it XD

$60???

We have ONE place in the surrounding probably ~40 miles that monopolises on tennis racquet stringing and he only charges $20 plus string costs. If it's going to cost $60 I SERIOUSLY advise buying a tennis racquet stringer- something like the Gamma X-2 or the Klippermate.

They'll pay for themselves in probably only 3-4 stringings at that cost, plus you could string for friends and locals (once you get better at stringing) for much cheaper or free and drive the club's price down maybe.

$60 is rediculous lol.

eagle
01-16-2009, 07:56 AM
$60! Does that come with dinner and movie also?

If not, it had better be some premium gut and add'l racquet tweaking.

:)

r,
eagle