View Full Version : POLL: MMA duel - Rickson vs. MomentumGT

onehandbh
01-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Who would win?

Rickson vs. MomentumGT?

I think both train in MMA.

Hot Sauce
01-15-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm unaware of either of their backgrounds. All I know is that Rickson does BJJ.

MomentumGT
03-19-2009, 09:08 AM
LOL this thread is going to have so much lulz! :)

A little background:

5 years Muay Thai (2 years in Thailand as a kid)
4 years MMA training with Execution Fight Club & No Limits
BJJ Blue belt with JJ Machado

Have done 2 Grapplers Quest Tourneys in Blue Belt division and competed in NO GI Intermediate Absolute Division.

I have done 4 MMA Smokers (amateur fights). 1st fight was a split decision and the next 3 were KO's in the end of the 1st round.

Been training very sporadically since 2008, just getting old I guess. LOL.

I'm sure Rickson has some background as well.

-Jon

hollywood9826
03-19-2009, 09:09 AM
^^^^^

Rickson will destroy you :)

Andres
03-19-2009, 09:12 AM

A little background:

Have done 2 Grapplers Quest Tourneys in Blue Belt division and competed in NO GI Intermediate Absolute Division.

I have done 4 MMA Smokers (amateur fights). 1st fight was a split decision and the next 3 were KO's in the end of the 1st round.

-Jon
Rickson:

A 38 automatic. Rickson wins by knock-out after 7 seconds :)

scotus
03-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Wasn't Rickson supposed to have a real bout with another poster sometime late last year? Whatever happened to that?

Dedans Penthouse
03-19-2009, 11:00 AM
scotus, tell me about it!

Once upon a time (last year), these two MMA warriors Rickson (N.Y.) and Ignorant Genius (Chi.) were going back-and-forth in a thread saying how they could kick each other's *** in a fight. Realizing that "chirping" on a tennis board is about as useless as a Dementieva second serve, I thought I'd grab the "bull" by the horns and try and bring this to a resolution: and what better way than to instigate a fight? From there, I posted a "Who'd Kick Whose Ass?" thread and (like this one) included a series of "result" options from which to choose from.

The two bad boys immediately started backpeddling by complaining about the "travel" that would be involved in going from NY-to-Chi or Chi-to-NY, so I turned into Don King and "set-up" a bout at a halfway point: Youngstown, Ohio. (ring a bell, Rickson? lol).

Anyway, I got the address/phone for the local Youngstown YMCA and actually called the "Y" and advised that there would be a need for a 'room'. DONE. I then furnished the location and phone for a nearby cheap-o Days Inn for the participants and any "guests" that would want to attend. In short, I led these two horses to water only to have them balk when "cyber" push came to shove. Rickson would've kicked his *** in my opinion because another "sleuth" poster revealed Ignorant Genius to be none other than the spincter-of-Talk-Tennis himself: Donnie Dorko, a "Walter Mitty CEO" who worked the mail room at Sears Roebuck & Co. in Chi-Town.

It should be noted that there were additional options in my "Who'd Win?" poll; options that included:

* Ignorant Genius and Rickson in mid-fight suddenly "seeing something" in each other's eyes, running off and getting married and eventually running a child-day-care center in Dayton, Ohio.

* Other similarly-themed "happy endings" .... etc.....etc. and so on.......

Anyway, the mods ended up pulling the plug on it altogether.

Fast-foward to "today" ... on-topic:

Now my boy Rickson IS the real deal!......but looking at some of Mo'GT's pedigree, I gotta say THAT man also be bringin' some skills into this one too.

Good question: who'd kick who's ass?

And this time, don't punk out, ya wimps! :razz:
http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/corbis/DGT164/baby-wearing-boxing_~CHA0008.jpg

GRANITECHIEF
03-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Tale of the tape please?

hollywood9826
03-19-2009, 11:14 AM
I also to drive to NT pick up rickson take him to youngstown all on my dime. I also was going to put up 500 Bones to whoever came out victorious.

On the serious side if Gt creds are reliable than I would say he has the advantage (unless hes really small) I believe Rickson is a pretty big fellow and size trumps alot of stuff.

But I also remeber rickson wanting a grappling only match with IG which would lead me to believe he doesnt train in the stand up game quite to Gts extent.

Whats the tale of the tape?

MomentumGT
03-19-2009, 01:28 PM
On the serious side if Gt creds are reliable than I would say he has the advantage (unless hes really small) I believe Rickson is a pretty big fellow and size trumps alot of stuff.

Whats the tale of the tape?

I'm definitely on the small side: 5'4.5" and fought at a plump 170lbs. Should really be fighting at 145lbs. (That was a long time ago. . . :oops:. . .I'm upwards to 200+lbs now) I'm still "decently" strong. Bench: 280lbs / Squat:425lbs but I think Rickson's strength is past mine. . .from what he's posted.

Like I said earlier I don't train that seriously anymore. I do go back to the gym to help out the smaller guys train and get ready for their fights. A buddy of mine is fighting in King of the Cage in a couple of months so I should be back as a "moving punching bag with eyes". LOL

-Jon

ps AlpineCadet was supposed to join me at our MMA gym a couple of months back. . .hope he hasn't forgot :)

Hot Sauce
03-19-2009, 01:42 PM

A little background:

-Jon

Win, seriously.

Hot Sauce
03-19-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm definitely on the small side: 5'4.5" and fought at a plump 170lbs. Should really be fighting at 145lbs. (That was a long time ago. . . :oops:. . .I'm upwards to 200+lbs now) I'm still "decently" strong. Bench: 280lbs / Squat:425lbs but I think Rickson's strength is past mine. . .from what he's posted.

Like I said earlier I don't train that seriously anymore. I do go back to the gym to help out the smaller guys train and get ready for their fights. A buddy of mine is fighting in King of the Cage in a couple of months so I should be back as a "moving punching bag with eyes". LOL

-Jon

ps AlpineCadet was supposed to join me at our MMA gym a couple of months back. . .hope he hasn't forgot :)

From what Rickson has said, I don't think he's in the same shape that he was before. And I think he was bigger on the BJJ than MMA. You've had a lot of training, and I think Rickson would admit that you have the advantage because he isn't in training form anymore.