PDA

View Full Version : I need a string similar to ALU Power, but with more spin.

ogruskie
01-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Preferrably not ALU Rough, because that's expensive. I like everything about the string, but I need a cheaper alternative that also has more spin.

Whenever a thread like this comes up, people mention 2 strings: Silverstring and CyberFlash.

the wise wizard
01-15-2009, 05:08 PM
cyberflash is the answer my friend

NickC
01-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Alu rough costs the same as Alu. And the same as Alu Spin, which is good. They all cost the same. Are you looking to replace Alu because it's too expensive, or because you want more spin? If it's the former, then try MSV Focus HEX 18. If it's the latter, you need to rethink some things.

Also, why not just drop the tension by a few pounds? Or, just work on your technique? Spin can't be bought, but it can be found in abundances if you've got great technique. It's been said that Nadal could find more spin with a synthetic than most players below the 5.0 level (meaning 4.5 and under) could find with a poly, all because of his technique. Work on your technique, and then come back.

ogruskie
01-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Alu rough costs the same as Alu. And the same as Alu Spin, which is good. They all cost the same. Are you looking to replace Alu because it's too expensive, or because you want more spin? If it's the former, then try MSV Focus HEX 18. If it's the latter, you need to rethink some things.

Also, why not just drop the tension by a few pounds? Or, just work on your technique? Spin can't be bought, but it can be found in abundances if you've got great technique. It's been said that Nadal could find more spin with a synthetic than most players below the 5.0 level (meaning 4.5 and under) could find with a poly, all because of his technique. Work on your technique, and then come back.

My technique is fine, I just want more bite.

I'm looking to replace ALU because its expensive AND because I want more bite. I'm saving my money now, and I just don't see the point of spending hundreds of dollars on a ALU reel when I can get something for less than half the price and better quality.

lawlitssoo1n
01-15-2009, 06:32 PM
oh yea i heard cyberflash is JUST like ALU power, and that the stiffness are pretty similar
i used it full set 17G on my kblade tour and it felt GREAT! but i never played with alu power so i can't give u a feedback on whether they play the same

Fedace
01-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Alu Power Rough...

a-naik.1
01-15-2009, 06:39 PM
yea cyberflash, and Gamma Zo Tour rough is really spinny also..

Fedace
01-15-2009, 06:44 PM
oh yea i heard cyberflash is JUST like ALU power, and that the stiffness are pretty similar
i used it full set 17G on my kblade tour and it felt GREAT! but i never played with alu power so i can't give u a feedback on whether they play the same

Got your email,, guy. i will throw in the Yonex multi, since i feel bad about what happened...:)

fluffy Beaver
01-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Did anyone actually read the OP? He said preferably not rough and that everyone always says cyberflash / silverstring :(

People also say big hitter, although I personally hated it but others compare it to ALU.

Got your email,, guy. i will throw in the Yonex multi, since i feel bad about what happened...:)

Stop trying to give people's hope up. If you're not going to give him your strings just say so, this has been going on how long now? Seems like you have a kick at lying to people. He followed you in many threads asking where are his strings and now you actually comment about it after how long? You're a horrible person.

NickC
01-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Preferrably not ALU Rough

Alu Power Rough...

FAIL...........

Fedace
01-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Did anyone actually read the OP? He said preferably not rough and that everyone always says cyberflash / silverstring :(

People also say big hitter, although I personally hated it but others compare it to ALU.

Stop trying to give people's hope up. If you're not going to give him your strings just say so, this has been going on how long now? Seems like you have a kick at lying to people. He followed you in many threads asking where are his strings and now you actually comment about it after how long? You're a horrible person.

LMAO,,,,,you are just too much...fluffy,,,mmmmmm:)

NickC
01-15-2009, 07:19 PM
LMAO,,,,,you are just too much...fluffy,,,mmmmmm:)

Miss the point much? Idiot.

T10s747
01-16-2009, 06:54 AM
My technique is fine, I just want more bite.

I'm looking to replace ALU because its expensive AND because I want more bite. I'm saving my money now, and I just don't see the point of spending hundreds of dollars on a ALU reel when I can get something for less than half the price and better quality.

I agree, no sense in paying $230 for ALU reel unless you have $$$ to burn. I used to play with ALU but switched to Polystar Energy for $115 a reel. If you want the textured version for more spin, play with Polystar Turbo which is only $99 per reel. They are a tad more powerful than ALU and much more comfortable. It thought that Cyberflash played too mushy but had power.

l_gonzalez
01-16-2009, 07:07 AM
try MSV Hex 18. They have it in a bunch of colours too.

PROTENNIS63
01-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Pro Supex Blue Gear. Insane amounts of spin and is a great poly. It is even a little softer than ALU Power and holds tension longer.

TennezSport
01-16-2009, 08:44 AM
You could also try Kirschbaum Proline II or Spiky Shark for more spin. Strings have good power, control and FEEL (yeah a poly with feel :shock: ), depending on how tight you string it. And..... it hold tension better than any Lux string we have tested to date.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

ag200boy
01-16-2009, 12:37 PM
cyberflash 18g

vndesu
01-16-2009, 01:03 PM
sppp or pro supex big aces.

TennisandMusic
01-16-2009, 02:00 PM
I don't think many if any strings will give you "more spin" than ALU. I think when it comes to most polys you simply get what you pay for.

If there was something cheaper with "more spin" it would be the most popular string around by far. Everyone wants a cheap duplicate of lux, but the reason lux still sells is because one simply doesn't exist.

StevenLaurence
01-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Babolat DuraLast Tour 15L on the mains and 17ga on the crosses works for me!

ESP#1
01-16-2009, 09:04 PM
If you notice that people always mention cyberflash and silverstring it must be for a reason, so try it and let us know if it lives up to your lofty standards i would throw pro supex ba and pht in there as well

Nanshiki
01-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Cyberflash isn't bad, but if all you want is balls-to-the-wall spin, try kevlar... or a kevlar with teeth like Forten Aramid Gear.

Blue Gear has spin but the tension maintenance seemed terrible last time I tried it. Gonna try it again though.

ogruskie
01-16-2009, 09:49 PM
I've tried Big Ace. Loved it, but felt that it was a bit too mushy for me.

I used the Crossfire 2 kevlar hybrid for a while, and really liked it. However, I'd like a bit more playability which a poly is better at providing. Kevlar seems too dead.

I'm essentially looking for a poly version of kevlar.

Here's another question, lets say you have a poly/syn gun hybrid. But the poly is TEXTURED. Will it cut through the crosses faster than a non-textured string?

Nanshiki
01-16-2009, 09:57 PM
String the kevlar below 50 pounds and it will have enough pop...

Then again, perhaps you need a racquet with more spin potential. You REALLY can't get much more spin than fresh ALU...

ogruskie
01-16-2009, 10:04 PM

Then again, perhaps you need a racquet with more spin potential. You REALLY can't get much more spin than fresh ALU...

I strung at 48. While being very spin friendly and comfortable, I wasn't getting enough pop. I just felt like I had to work harder to get power. I'm fine with underpowered strings, but on an underpowered racquet, its a little too much for me.

I'm not gonna drop money on another tennis racquet just to get more spin. I mean, I'm content with my current results, but I'm just thinking of ways to improve things even more. If kevlar is as good as spin gets, then I'll have to commit to that.

pabletion
01-16-2009, 10:04 PM
sppp or pro supex big aces.

Is SPPP Signum Pro Poly P?

davidahenry
01-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Is SPPP Signum Pro Poly P?

Yes - Signum Pro Poly Plasma

DH

ag200boy
01-17-2009, 08:06 AM

uhhh... yes you can... thinner polys, or textured ones will give more spin

davidahenry
01-17-2009, 08:11 AM
uhhh... yes you can... thinner polys, or textured ones will give more spin

I agree. Alu Power Rough (textured poly) bites the ball more than Alu Power. The ball action I get from Alu Power Rough is incredible.

Take care.

DH