PDA

View Full Version : The ULTIMATE Man Question: Mary or Rhoda, Mary Ann or Ginger

SFrazeur
01-15-2009, 06:10 PM
The ULTIMATE Man question: Mary or Rhoda, Mary Ann or Ginger.

Morpheus
01-15-2009, 06:22 PM
No contest, but I think you overlooked Elly May.

Rhoda?? Come on. May as well include Ms. Hathaway.

NickC
01-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Do I get in trouble for not knowing who these women are? Pictures, perhaps?

Morpheus
01-15-2009, 08:56 PM
^^ Pictures would be missing the point. You have to have been there and you are either way too young or were way too sheltered as a kid.

Dedans Penthouse
01-15-2009, 09:16 PM
No contest, but I think you overlooked Elly May."Gee Pa, Morpheus sez he wants to go out back 'n go swimin' in ma semen pond."

Rhoda?? Come on. May as well include Miss Hathaway.Amen! Hell, the only difference between Rhoda and a bowling ball is that if your life depended on it, you could always eat a bowling ball. And besides, something tells me that underneath Jane Hathaway's goofy "Olive Oyl" exterior, there was a mischevious (and "willing") dark side to "Sweet Jane." For example, she definitely carried some serious freak-lust for Jethro Bodine; I could see 'the Jane' in a leather teddy holding a whip with a naked, choke-collared Jethro-as-dog humbly licking her boot heels.....er, just my 2 cents....rotfl...

Rhoda vs. for example, a "shocked" (with-eyes-blazing) Morticia Addams' (Carolyn Jones) sexy wiggling in that impossibly snug black-widow dress? Or Rhoda vs. a bare-midriffed "Jeannie" (Barbara Eden)?

Rhoda? What the hell was someone thinking? Rhoda?!! That is SO wrong. (puking smilie)

Rickson
01-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Wonder Woman beats them all.

NickC
01-15-2009, 09:36 PM
^^ Pictures would be missing the point. You have to have been there and you are either way too young or were way too sheltered as a kid.

Sorry, I am young, I admit. 19 in a month.

Phil
01-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Mary Ann, hands down. Built like one very solid brick ****house.

Rhoda shouldn't even on the list, unless you're giving her extra points for being a spunky gal.

Now going into "heycal" starchaser/name dropper mode:

Funny thing: a few years back, while I was noshing in a New York eatery, I happened to notice Valerie Harper and some gentleman (Husband? Dramatic co-star?) eating at the next table. Val (I figure this experience made us pretty...you know...tight, so I can refer to her like that...) was starring in an Off-Broadway play across the street.

I thought, "Gee." and didn't think anything more of it. A few minutes later, I was bumped (and it was a fairly hard bump!) from behind in my seat. I looked up and there she was- Rhoda, somehow, knocking into my chair on her way out. She was gracious enough and said "Excuse me." and I smiled. Now, had it been Dawn Wells (Mary Ann), I may have tried to make some time with her!

NB - Though I must say...if the poll had included LAURA PETRY (i.e. Mary Tyler Moore's [a.k.a. "Mary Richards] earlier role in the "Dick Van D/Y/K/E Show"), then I would have gone with her by just a FRACTION over Mary Ann...;-)

Dedans Penthouse
01-16-2009, 09:43 AM
LAURA PETRY for the win! She projected "innocent sex kitten" as Laura vs. that almost sexless (and annoyingly wrapped-too-tight) Mary Richards character. I never really watched that show because Lou Grant--though portrayed as some "salt of the earth" unpretentious regular guy--was an over-bearing, postering, know-it-all blowhard. Then there was that 24-carat phony Gavin MacLeod (the "Love Boat" captain) who tried to come off as a good-guy "80's Alan Alda sensitive-male-nice-guy friend" to Mary, but was an obsequious Lou Grant boot-licking phony who took any opportunity to go the company route when it came to "piling on" the one and only funny dude on the show: Ted Knight. What a transparent piece of shiate that Gavin MacLeod character was.

Summary: had I voted on this (NOT) Ultimate Man Question, I'd have 'polled' my vote for the crack-of-Dawn:

Dawn Wells.

Perky yet sturdily "built-to-breed" head-board-banging material. As for what the sexual landscape on Gilligan's Island might've entailed during their many years there, I have to think the Professor would've been heavily involved in a menage a trois with Maryanne & Ginger (pretty obvious), and that Thurston Howell III would've been dropping $10,000-per-shot I.O.U.'s to the ambitious Ginger on the sneak, that "Lovie" (Howell's wife) had Gilligan as her boy toy on the sneak as well (all the while filing her nails whenever they were in full congress: "slower Gilligan you silly boy!...slower!..."), that Maryanne & Ginger--for a change of pace--would "slip off" in order to be alone from time to time.....sigh.....and as for the the fat-but-still-needy Skipper, that he either took advantage of Maryanne's good nature in trying to lay some "a man has needs!" guilt trip on her, or he got the Professor to concoct some 'Love Potion #9' elixir that would send the dim-witted Gilligan into a temporary stupor, allowing the Skipper to cornhole him without Gilligan having any recollection of it afterwards, save for a suddenly confused and incontinent Bob Denver waddling about like a bow-legged duck for an hour or so once he came to. Lucky thing some of us can take this sophomoric thread out of the gutter and treat it with the sophisticated analysis it deserves, eh?

Okazaki Fragment
01-16-2009, 10:18 AM
I didn't recognize half the names. I was surprised that the main character of the Mary Tyler Moore show wasn't named Mary Tyler Moore.

PS: Never give guys an "all of the above" option if you really want us to choose.

Rickson
01-16-2009, 10:36 AM
How did Lou Grant become a serious spinoff from Mary?

Dedans Penthouse
01-16-2009, 11:17 AM
How did Lou Grant become a serious spinoff from Mary?Some people viewed his character as strong enough to stand on its own. It did pull in good ratings. Asner always crabbed (maybe with a good reason) that his "Lou Grant" show was not renewed because of his political views, including his fund-raising efforts on behalf of rebels in El Salvador. His problem was that he too often exploited his "Lou Grant" public personna for left-wing causes much like Charleton Heston exploited his for right-wing causes. Politics aside, as with Heston, I think Asner does comes off very much as a self-regarding blowhard. my 2 cents...

Morpheus
01-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Wonder Woman beats them all.

I think we need to man you up a bit.

atatu
01-16-2009, 12:01 PM
You guys can't be serious, it's Ginger hands down, don't vote on who you think will make you look good, vote for who you wanted as a pre-teen....and where is Daisy Duke ?

LuckyR
01-16-2009, 03:50 PM
No doubt Mary is a lot easier on the eyes than Rhoda, I mean a LOT easier. However, Mary was pretty neurotic which is not often good from a a-hem "practical", standpoint. So I could see where Rhoda would get some serious votes. Mary Ann was shorter, perkier and more energetic than Ginger, and probably more flexible as well. For all of her bluster my guess is it would have taken some effort to get Ginger's candle lit, however once accomplished it is unclear whether the final result would beat out Mary Ann, I would like to think so.

10sfreak
01-16-2009, 04:11 PM
I've actually had all 4 of the ladies in the poll, and frankly, there wasn't much difference between them. But Ginger was just a tad more special than the others...:-)

Dedans Penthouse
01-16-2009, 04:35 PM
I've actually had all 4 of the ladies in the poll, and frankly, there wasn't much difference between them. But Ginger was just a tad more special than the others...:-)

"8...18...or 80...blind, crippled or crazy.....if she can't walk, I'll carry her."
- 10sfreak, Jan. 16, 2009

;-)

SystemicAnomaly
01-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Shoulda been Mary Richards vs Laura Petrie. Other MANswers to be determined:

Jeannie vs Samantha
Emma Peel vs Tara King vs Catherine Gale
Betty Rubble vs Wilma Flintstone (or Judy Jetson)

And then there is the question of the ultimate Catwoman:

Julie Newmar <--- my choice
Eartha Kitt
Lee Meriwether
Adrienne Barbeau
Michelle Pfeiffer
Halle Berry
Gina Gershon

Rickson
01-16-2009, 11:54 PM
What, Morph? Are you saying Lynda Carter wasn't hot back in those days?

Lynda Carter (http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f170/lane1979/Lynda_Carter-21.jpg)

SystemicAnomaly
01-17-2009, 12:27 AM

Lynda Carter (http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f170/lane1979/Lynda_Carter-21.jpg)

Hard to deny that Lynda (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/kjv31/7782/lynda_carter_poster.jpg) Carter (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/kjv31/7782/lynda_carter_poster.jpg) had it going on. Yet another gratuitous pic:

http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:YFixyVAe5PBkfM:http://www.scifidesktop.org.uk/gallery/albums/actresses/G-M/Lynda/Lynda_Carter-Wonderwoman_003.jpg (http://www.scifidesktop.org.uk/gallery/albums/actresses/G-M/Lynda/Lynda_Carter-Wonderwoman_003.jpg) <-- click here

Rickson
01-17-2009, 12:31 AM
Back in those days, every boy wanted to somehow date Lynda Carter. Many of the posters here weren't even born yet, but if you were alive back in those days, you probably wanted to date Lynda Carter and the original Charlie's Angels.

BreakPoint
01-17-2009, 12:52 AM
Hey, where's "Chrissy (Snow) or Janet (Wood)" in this poll? ;)

SystemicAnomaly
01-17-2009, 01:02 AM
^ That brings up another burning question or two:

Jill Munroe vs Kris Munroe
Julie Rogers vs Any other Angel

And how about:

Chrissy vs Janet OR
Chrissy vs Cindy (http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1068/70rv6.jpg) vs Terri

Rickson
01-17-2009, 01:06 AM
I preferred Nurse Terri. Priscilla Barnes had a great body for 40 in Mallrats. Too bad she's over 50 now and that body has officially fallen victim to gravity.

SystemicAnomaly
01-17-2009, 01:25 AM
I preferred Nurse Terri. Priscilla Barnes had a great body for 40 in Mallrats. Too bad she's over 50 now and that body has officially fallen victim to gravity.

I'm still going with Cindy (http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MMPH/259429%7EJenilee-Harrison-Posters.jpg) (Snow).

Morpheus
01-17-2009, 05:32 AM

Just playing with you -- insinuating that you may have liked her not because she was "hot" but because she had super powers.

Rickson
01-17-2009, 09:17 AM
I knew you were joking that I wanted to be WW as opposed to being with WW, but with Lynda Carter at 57, I'll take the newer Kim Kardashian version. Is that considered an upgrade or a downgrade being that Kim is 7 inches shorter than Lynda?

SFrazeur
01-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Just playing with you -- insinuating that you may have liked her not because she was "hot" but because she had super powers.

There's a difference between the two? :)

-SF

SystemicAnomaly
01-17-2009, 10:46 AM
I knew you were joking that I wanted to be WW as opposed to being with WW, but with Lynda Carter at 57, I'll take the newer Kim Kardashian version. Is that considered an upgrade or a downgrade being that Kim is 7 inches shorter than Lynda?

KK would be a downgrade in my estimation -- a bit too bottom-heavy for my tastes. Butt then I preferred Constance Marie over JLo in the movie, Selena.

zacinnc78
01-17-2009, 01:08 PM
http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/MTM-s3.jpg

10sfreak
01-17-2009, 08:05 PM
"8...18...or 80...blind, crippled or crazy.....if she can't walk, I'll carry her."
- 10sfreak, Jan. 16, 2009

;-)
Ahhh, seems my reputation has now gone world-wide!:-)

Morpheus
01-18-2009, 06:32 AM
There's a difference between the two? :)

-SF

While I admit that super powers are cool, liking WW ONLY because she has powers would be a bit nerdy don't you think?

SFrazeur
01-18-2009, 04:56 PM
While I admit that super powers are cool, liking WW ONLY because she has powers would be a bit nerdy don't you think?

I was just jokingly asking if there was really a difference between being "hot" and having superpowers for a woman.

-SF

Douggo
01-19-2009, 10:01 AM
Did somebody mention Lou Grant?

Gugafan_Redux
01-19-2009, 10:46 AM
MaryAnn as Ginger for the win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJOR24h9ZAo

SystemicAnomaly
01-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Did somebody mention Lou Grant?

"Oh, Mr. Grant!" vs "Oh Rob!"

Capt. Willie
01-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Emily Hartley vs. Joanna Loudon

SystemicAnomaly
01-20-2009, 12:37 AM
^ (Great signature/motto, Cap'n)

Emily Hartley is the only real choice here. As you may recall, Joanna Loudon and the whole Vermont inn thing was merely Bob Hartley's nightmare. But then again, the presence of Stephanie Vanderkellen made the bad dream more of a pleasant one.

Capt. Willie
01-20-2009, 02:11 PM
^ (Great signature/motto, Cap'n)

Emily Hartley is the only real choice here. As you may recall, Joanna Loudon and the whole Vermont inn thing was merely Bob Hartley's nightmare. But then again, the presence of Stephanie Vanderkellen made the bad dream more of a pleasant one.

You know, I almost put Joanna vs. Stephanie. But somehow Emily seemed more appropriate. Okay, how about Stephanie Vanderkellen vs. Leslie Vanderkellen...but that is probably not up for debate either.

atatu
01-20-2009, 02:27 PM

The downside is that she could always tie you up with the magic rope and make you tell the truth....."Where you out drinking with the guys or were you really working late last night ?"

Morpheus
01-20-2009, 06:42 PM
^^ I'm jiggy with the magic lasso -- who needs a second when you got a super hero at home. Try breaking up, though, and living to tell the tale.

Rickson
01-20-2009, 06:46 PM
That magic lasso was hilarious!

Morpheus
01-20-2009, 07:04 PM
I was kind of partial to the invisible jetplane -- didn't really work though because she wasn't cloaked along with the plane. Then there were the impervious wrist bands. What a woman!

Rickson
01-20-2009, 08:09 PM
How old was she? She had to be at least a few hundred years old.

SystemicAnomaly
01-20-2009, 11:25 PM
How old was she? She had to be at least a few hundred years old.

Perhaps so, but she didn't look a day over 25.

Rickson
01-20-2009, 11:27 PM
I looked up Princess Diana's stats and it turns out she's 3000 or so. Isn't it strange that a pair of glasses could cover up someone's identity so well?

heycal
01-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Mary Ann, hands down. Built like one very solid brick ****house.

Rhoda shouldn't even on the list, unless you're giving her extra points for being a spunky gal.

Now going into "heycal" starchaser/name dropper mode:

Oh, please. I could do some serious name dropping if I wanted to and were less discreet, and particularly in relation to this thread. But I only mention celebrities encounters when relevant and/or funny or have random encounters like the one you recounted.

LAURA PETRY for the win! She projected "innocent sex kitten" as Laura vs. that almost sexless (and annoyingly wrapped-too-tight) Mary Richards character. I never really watched that show because Lou Grant--though portrayed as some "salt of the earth" unpretentious regular guy--was an over-bearing, postering, know-it-all blowhard. Then there was that 24-carat phony Gavin MacLeod (the "Love Boat" captain) who tried to come off as a good-guy "80's Alan Alda sensitive-male-nice-guy friend" to Mary, but was an obsequious Lou Grant boot-licking phony who took any opportunity to go the company route when it came to "piling on" the one and only funny dude on the show: Ted Knight. What a transparent piece of shiate that Gavin MacLeod character was.

[size=1][color=white]Summary: had I voted on this (NOT) Ultimate Man Question, I'd have 'polled' my vote for the crack-of-Dawn:

Dawn Wells.

Perky yet sturdily "built-to-breed"....

One of the funniest posts I've read in a long time, and a great analysis of both shows.

As for the question of the thread, it's real tough. I like all the women for different reasons -- and I like Phyllis too, btw, who positively exuded sensuality -- but if a gun was put to my head, I'd take Mary over Rhoda and Ginger over Mary Ann.

heycal
01-26-2009, 09:35 PM
. .

Phil
01-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Oh, please. I could do some serious name dropping if I wanted to and were less discreet, and particularly in relation to this thread.
Yes, I'm sure you could.

But I only mention celebrities encounters when relevant and/or funny or have random encounters like the one you recounted.
Sure, sure. Whatever you say.

heycal
01-26-2009, 10:08 PM
^^
Glad that's cleared up.

Re the topic: Your summary dismissal of Rhoda calls into question your judgment about such matters, judgment that was already suspect given your similar disregard for Sharapova.

Figures you'd choose Mary Ann over Ginger.

Phil
01-26-2009, 10:24 PM
^^
Glad that's cleared up.

Re the topic: Your summary dismissal of Rhoda calls into question your judgment about such matters, judgment that was already suspect given your similar disregard for Sharapova.

Figures you'd choose Mary Ann over Ginger.
Yep, figures that I have an eye for intrinsic and natural beauty over the tarted-up, manufactured varient represented by Ginger. She reminds me of the chick who Phil Spector shot in the head. And no serious judge of female pulchritude would even include Rhoda in such a discussion.

Of course, I'd DO 'EM all if the opportunity presented itself...but I don't care for the marketed "beautiy" of Sharapova type. Get her without six pounds of make-up on her kisser and she's not much better looking than the cleaning woman in my office building (who's in her late 50's, I'd guess).

heycal
01-27-2009, 01:03 AM
Yep, figures that I have an eye for intrinsic and natural beauty over the tarted-up, manufactured varient represented by Ginger. She reminds me of the chick who Phil Spector shot in the head. And no serious judge of female pulchritude would even include Rhoda in such a discussion.

Of course, I'd DO 'EM all if the opportunity presented itself...but I don't care for the marketed "beautiy" of Sharapova type. Get her without six pounds of make-up on her kisser and she's not much better looking than the cleaning woman in my office building (who's in her late 50's, I'd guess).

We see Sharapova with virtually no make-up all the time, and she's a hottie, plain and simple. And if you can't recognize Rhoda's raw sexuality, you might as well formally switch over to the other team and cast a vote for Ted Baxter or even Gordie the weatherman.

Phil
01-27-2009, 04:29 AM
I'm sure Rhoda was a screamer, but she can't hold a candle to the comely Mary Ann. Not even close. And Rhoda attracted some...let's say, certain males who enjoy the life on Broadway.

To be honest, I'm beginning to have some doubts about what "team" you're playing for. "Oh, please..." Not that there's anything wrong with that!

heycal
01-27-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm sure Rhoda was a screamer, but she can't hold a candle to the comely Mary Ann. Not even close. And Rhoda attracted some...let's say, certain males who enjoy the life on Broadway.

To be honest, I'm beginning to have some doubts about what "team" you're playing for. "Oh, please..." Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Rhoda is a real live woman, so it's not suprising you can't handle her. Mary Ann is for little boys. Ginger is for men.

Morpheus
01-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Guys, it makes no sense to pose this ultimate question as Mary Ann or Rhoda? Rhoda wasn't on the island. You can only ask Mary Ann or Ginger (or Mrs. Howell if you are so inclined) or in the case of the Mary Tyler Moore show, Mary or Rhoda, since they both lived in the same apartment building.

It is clear that Mary Ann trumps Ginger and Mary trumps Rhoda.

Phil
01-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Rhoda is a real live woman, so it's not suprising you can't handle her. Mary Ann is for little boys. Ginger is for men.
Hmmm...that's funny...I thought they were BOTH TV characters. The only REAL aspect that I'm aware of is Mary Ann's bod and face (and everything else). Mary Ann or Dawn, there's simply no comparing her to Rhoda, who probably visits a shrink three times weekly. No thanks. Give me the fantasy over NYC "reality".

I lived in NYC, so I only know how "real" Rhoda is. And it's not very sexy.

heycal
01-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Guys, it makes no sense to pose this ultimate question as Mary Ann or Rhoda? Rhoda wasn't on the island. You can only ask Mary Ann or Ginger (or Mrs. Howell if you are so inclined) or in the case of the Mary Tyler Moore show, Mary or Rhoda, since they both lived in the same apartment building.

It is clear that Mary Ann trumps Ginger and Mary trumps Rhoda.

I agree that it's Rhoda v. Mary Richards, or Ginger v. Mary Ann at the basic level. But we're talking about the specific characteristics of Mary Ann and Rhoda at the moment, and as such, are allowed by the Geneva convention to discuss the two in the same breath. (But sorry, Mary Ann does not trump Ginger for real men.)

Hmmm...that's funny...I thought they were BOTH TV characters. The only REAL aspect that I'm aware of is Mary Ann's bod and face (and everything else). Mary Ann or Dawn, there's simply no comparing her to Rhoda, who probably visits a shrink three times weekly. No thanks. Give me the fantasy over NYC "reality".

I lived in NYC, so I only know how "real" Rhoda is. And it's not very sexy.

Let me blunt. Rhoda is probably a live wire in the sack, while Mary Ann may be a vanilla bore. But look, Mary Ann is definitely pretty, and I would choose Mary Ann over Rhoda myself in a heartbeat. I'm just saying Rhoda has her own thing going on, and may give Mary Richards a run for her money in that head to head match up. And never discount Phyllis, who has a great cougar thing working.

CanadianChic
01-27-2009, 11:29 PM
We see Sharapova with virtually no make-up all the time, and she's a hottie, plain and simple. And if you can't recognize Rhoda's raw sexuality, you might as well formally switch over to the other team and cast a vote for Ted Baxter or even Gordie the weatherman.

Seriously, did anyone else's skin just crawl?

Phil
01-28-2009, 03:26 AM
(But sorry, Mary Ann does not trump Ginger for real men.)
Ginger is a washed-up hag. Do you not SEE who she's modeled after? C'mon, Mr. Hollywood...it's pretty obvious. Also, she actually looks like a drag queen. Mary Ann didn't schlepp seven trunks of clothes and make-up on a THREE HOUR CRUISE, now did she? No siree, our perky corn-fed beauty needed no artificial paint to bring out HER highlights!

Let me blunt. Rhoda is probably a live wire in the sack, while Mary Ann may be a vanilla bore. But look, Mary Ann is definitely pretty, and I would choose Mary Ann over Rhoda myself in a heartbeat. I'm just saying Rhoda has her own thing going on, and may give Mary Richards a run for her money in that head to head match up. And never discount Phyllis, who has a great cougar thing working.
I SAID previously that Rhoda's probably a screamer in bed (obviously "live wire" in heycal lingo), but you just don't know. Rhoda lives in frickin' Minneapolis...why? Why would she go THERE? Something in her past chasing her? A lot of baggage there, if you ask me. And Rhoda was taking prozac even before it was invented. I know the type.

Phyllis is also a screamer...I was pretty sure of that from the getgo. A great "mentor" for a young elementary school lad, like myself (at the time). Of course you gotta realize that she was around 67 years old when the show aired in prime time...that's a lot of experience.

Mary Ann? Have you actually SEEN the G's I. "bikini" episodes? If you HAD, you'd be eating your words, brudda. She's got childbearing hips and the will to make 'em work for her. Don't let the quiet, well-bred Mid w e s t manners fool you. Behind closed doors she's an animal.

Josherer
01-28-2009, 04:00 AM
Huh?...........

bluegrasser
01-28-2009, 05:28 AM
Phil - don't go knocking the Minneapple' - there's many fine looking woman here. The problem is, you only see them two months a year - that's when the parkas come off.

Phil
01-29-2009, 06:53 AM
Phil - don't go knocking the Minneapple' - there's many fine looking woman here. The problem is, you only see them two months a year - that's when the parkas come off.
Oh, I know that! Mid w e s t e..n girls are fantastic (even Brian Wilson says so;-)) And there's not much chance of that fine porcelain skin becoming sun damaged!

Dedans Penthouse
01-29-2009, 02:46 PM
heycal: couger-delights aside, you'd do someone who brings Nancy Pelosi to mind? (at bottom of pix) :
http://jyanet.com/mtm/mr8.jpg

The hyper-active psycho loquacity of Rhoda's "blabbermouth-as-character" schstick wears thin quickly and isn't exactly suggestive of a "nuanced" mantrap babe imho. But then again, what do I know? As every good transvestite on Broadway knows, Dedans has a noted "pashawn" for Barbara Streisand/Judy Garland/Diana Ross type impersonators. Yum! :-)

Phil previously suggested, "Rhoda-Rooter" may indeed be a screamer on 'the Temperpedic workbench' and yes, her cat-in-heat wailing could probably serve as mental RX for some "fragile male ego" types out there, but really!........... I mean, after the "damn the torpedos--full steam ahead!" caveman-style romp concludes, you actually DO have to talk to these psychos come the intermezzo afterglow. Put it this way: after intermezzo, "Rounds 2, 3...and so on" would have to serve more as a buffer against hopelessly attempting to regale that caterwauling, vibe-less psychotic with, for example, some suggestively romantic pillow-talk.

Rhoda will mentally implode ya....forget her sass, take a pass.

Even anxiety-ridden Mary Richards (with about 3 belts of cognac under her garter belt) would be a much better option. Here's something else to consider about Rhoda-Rooter: remember that Lou Grant kiss-up character Murray? Well, Murray in all his smarmy vacuousness viewed Rhoda as a spunky breath of fresh air...and we knew what a transparant fraud he was. I mean, would a guy like Murray be all about "the hang" in your guy-circle-of-activities? (i.e. would you 'hang' and include that smug, self-righteous lil' twerp in your guy circle of friends?....I didn't think so and that should tell you something).

Rhoda?

Ron Swoboda would be a 'better catch'! ....... heycal, I'm surprised at you ..... :-) :?:

Steady Eddy
01-29-2009, 03:43 PM
.......... I mean, after the "damn the torpedos--full steam ahead!" caveman-style romp concludes, you actually DO have to talk to these psychos
Ya do? :shock: That's news to me.

Douggo
01-30-2009, 08:28 AM
This thread has gone deep.

davey
01-30-2009, 08:42 AM
How about agent 99 from Get Smart? Barbara Feldon was pretty hot and was saving Max's *** half the time.

Dedans Penthouse
01-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Douggo, you don't like me because I keep pickin' on your avatar's brown noser Murray Slaughter, huh? ;-)

Douggo
01-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Naw, it's because you've got spunk.

Dedans Penthouse
01-30-2009, 12:04 PM

:shock:--"Why Mr. Grant! ...."

heycal
01-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Gentlemen, you seriously understimate Rhoda's appeal while at the same time over estimating my regard for her. I voted for Mary Richards in that head to head match-up, and would take Ginger or Mary Ann over her as well, leaving her as my last choice among these four women, and I'd take Phyllis over her as well if she were in the running.

Nonetheless, they are all fine babes, and Rhoda ain't nothing to sneeze at. I'd take her in a second over Georgette, her sister Brenda, Su Anne, or Mrs. Roper, were she somehow to become involved in this.

heycal
01-30-2009, 12:11 PM
As for the Ginger v. Mary Ann head to head match up, here's my girl:

http://i41.tinypic.com/kbtyyt.jpg

Here's Phil's girl:

http://i41.tinypic.com/10shopk.jpg

Any questions?

heycal
01-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Douggo, you don't like me because I keep pickin' on your avatar's brown noser Murray Slaughter, huh? ;-)

Man, I love the amount of hatred you have for Murray. Probably my favorite part of this thread. I hadn't thought much about him before one way or another, but clearly he deserves closer inspection.

CanadianChic
01-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Well there is a fair comparison - a pin up picture of forty-five years ago versus the worst possible recent pic available on the net. For a realistic view:

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2626/34451528jf6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5553/39770107ob7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

OMG! They have both aged in the last fifty years...you don't say! I would say the second has come out looking the most human. I think the doctor left a rag or something in the cheek of the first during the last surgery.

Douggo
01-30-2009, 02:04 PM
The second one's Valerie Harper, right?
Think I'd still go with Tina.

Dedans Penthouse
01-31-2009, 07:35 AM
oh goodie!.....now we're going 'Antique' shopping :-) ...though I'd prefer the drawers of a Louis XV armoire.

heycal, nice calendar of Tina .... got any more (although your apples-to-dried-up-fruit comparison wasn't exactly 'cricket' .... to that end, nice "logical chronological" submission CC). :cool:

heycal
01-31-2009, 04:38 PM
heycal, nice calendar of Tina .... got any more (although your apples-to-dried-up-fruit comparison wasn't exactly 'cricket'

Exactly. That's was the point. Any dullard could have pulled up recent bad pictures of the gals in question for a fair and balanced comparison, but what fun would that be?

Tina looked pretty smoking in that shot, huh? I'll comb my stack of 1963 Playboy's to see if I can find any more.

heycal
01-31-2009, 04:42 PM
Meanwhile, here's are little Rhoda you guys are badmouthing. She ain't exactly hard-on-the-eyes:

http://i43.tinypic.com/1imq1z.jpg

SystemicAnomaly
02-09-2009, 06:28 AM
http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/7/1/1/jeannie_thumb.jpg (http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/7/1/1/jeannie.jpg) . vs . http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/7/1/1/elizabeth_montgomery_thumb.jpg (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/51/128447367_b4f6ffdc16.jpg)

SystemicAnomaly
02-09-2009, 06:54 AM
http://www.celebrity-gallery.com/content/pictures/ElizabethMontgomery/elizabeth9.jpg (http://www.celebrity-gallery.com/content/pictures/ElizabethMontgomery/elizabeth9.jpg)http://farm1.static.flickr.com/51/128447367_b4f6ffdc16.jpg
http://www.celebrity-gallery.com/content/pictures/ElizabethMontgomery/elizabeth7.jpg (http://www.celebrity-gallery.com/content/pictures/ElizabethMontgomery/elizabeth7.jpg)
http://www.celebrity-gallery.com/content/pictures/ElizabethMontgomery/elizabeth12.jpg (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/128450142_8df28a51cc.jpg?v=0)

Twitch yer nose (or click on last photo)

bluegrasser
02-09-2009, 06:59 AM
http://www.celebrity-gallery.com/content/pictures/ElizabethMontgomery/elizabeth9.jpghttp://farm1.static.flickr.com/51/128447367_b4f6ffdc16.jpg
http://www.celebrity-gallery.com/content/pictures/ElizabethMontgomery/elizabeth7.jpg
http://www.celebrity-gallery.com/content/pictures/ElizabethMontgomery/elizabeth12.jpg (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/128450142_8df28a51cc.jpg?v=0)

Now you're talking - Miss Sam...the good ol' days when woman actually had curves instead of having ' tom boy' bodies.

Rickson
02-09-2009, 07:04 AM
Is it normal behavior for us guys to spotlight ladies who are old enough to be grandmothers although maybe not our grandmothers?

Joeyg
02-09-2009, 07:21 AM
All four together? And to top it off, Fran Drescher, "The Nanny".

Dedans Penthouse
02-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Is it normal behavior for us guys to spotlight ladies who are old enough to be grandmothers although maybe not our grandmothers?
For example, did you mean this GILF?
http://www.guzer.com/pictures/funny_granny.jpg

Rickson
02-09-2009, 08:42 AM
That's no GILF! That's a hazard!

SystemicAnomaly
02-10-2009, 07:06 AM
How many pictures can you see in the quote below?

http://www.celebrity-gallery.com/content/pictures/ElizabethMontgomery/elizabeth9.jpg (http://www.celebrity-gallery.com/content/pictures/ElizabethMontgomery/elizabeth9.jpg)http://farm1.static.flickr.com/51/128447367_b4f6ffdc16.jpg
http://www.celebrity-gallery.com/content/pictures/ElizabethMontgomery/elizabeth7.jpg (http://www.celebrity-gallery.com/content/pictures/ElizabethMontgomery/elizabeth7.jpg)

There should be FOUR pictures. However some time after I submitted this post, I could only see the 2nd picture using Firefox. When viewing the page using Google Chrome, I can see all 4 pix.

If I open the page using IE, I'll see the 2nd picture, but I'll also see 3 boxes with red X's for the other 3 pictures. For those 3 boxes the image properties can still be seen. Coincidently, I also have links associated with those 3 pictures -- these links still work even tho' the pictures themselves do not appear in the original post. (Note that the links for the 1st & 3rd pictures are identical to the picture itself. The link for the 4th pictures opens up another picture).

Does anyone know why I can see all 4 pictures with Google Chrome but can only see 1 picture with Firefox? Is there something about my Firefox settings that might be causing this? I noticed that quite a lot of other pictures are also missing when using Firefox.

Rickson
02-10-2009, 07:24 AM
I can only see Elizabeth Montgomery.

SystemicAnomaly
02-10-2009, 07:35 AM
^ Once or 4 times? Which browser? Any of those phantom boxes?

Rickson
02-10-2009, 07:45 AM
That earl of hall pic.

SystemicAnomaly
02-10-2009, 08:00 AM
^ Using Firefox, I assume. That is the only one that I see any longer unless I use Google Chrome.

heycal
02-10-2009, 11:41 AM

Um, let's just say that I don't think any of us will be putting this thread on our resumes...

heycal
02-12-2009, 01:40 AM
Just heard some radio DJ mention that it was Tina Louise's 75th birthday... Jeez, it seems like just yesterday I was 7 and she was 34...