PDA

View Full Version : String life question

ryushen21
01-15-2009, 06:10 PM
I play with Babolat PHT@62 in my mains and VS@60 in my crosses. I play about 3-4 times to week. I have a big swing and really like to hit out.

My question is, how long should I be able to play before losing enough tension to restring?

I've been noticing a lot of deforming in my mains lately even on short 5-6 stroke rallies.

SchreckTennis
01-16-2009, 12:55 AM
I play with Babolat PHT@62 in my mains and VS@60 in my crosses. I play about 3-4 times to week. I have a big swing and really like to hit out.

My question is, how long should I be able to play before losing enough tension to restring?

I've been noticing a lot of deforming in my mains lately even on short 5-6 stroke rallies.

My personal philosophy isn't an exact time, but either when the strings break or when it becomes difficult to keep your balls from flying long due to the loss in tension (and added spingy-ness that accompanies that).

StevenLaurence
01-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Once your balls start going long it's time to go new or tighter. That is why Pro's change rackets all the time!

william7gr
01-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Dont do it based on time but based on how the strings are playing or it they break.