PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Euros fine for having a sexy look...?

marpiw
01-16-2009, 02:42 AM
Since Alize Cornet played in the Hopman Cup with a somehow sexy outfit all the tennis aurthorities have decided to fine every player (EVEN MEN?) who appears on the court with what they would consider a sexy outfit.So Tennis has become a censored sport in which outfits are more important than the quality of tennis which is played.
I think that up to now outfits have been ok and updated to the actual circumstances of fashion and comfort in playing.
From now onwards I guess that the tennis female players will have to dress in some fashion as the nuns do and male will need to wear the priest's clothing.
The associations always are surprising the fans with their decisions.In this case a ridiculous one which puts in evidence that some of their directive members are peoples of old concepts on what the sport is concerned.
The complete info can be read (unfortunately in Spanish) in the follwing address:
http://ar.sports.yahoo.com/14012009/43/d-sports-tenistas-sexys-1000-euros-castigo.html
What do you think about this topic?
Thanks for reading...

msc886
01-16-2009, 02:57 AM
Tennis is a sport where players have more freedom about the way they are dressed but there are also limits. Although i don't think Alize Cornet's is beyond normal. There are other female players who can get overboard with their outfits. Tennis is a professional sport and for its reputation, the players have to present themselves profesionally.

Gorecki
01-16-2009, 03:11 AM
Since Alize Cornet played in the Hopman Cup with a somehow sexy outfit all the tennis aurthorities have decided to fine every player (EVEN MEN?) who appears on the court with what they would consider a sexy outfit.So Tennis has become a censored sport in which outfits are more important than the quality of tennis which is played.
I think that up to now outfits have been ok and updated to the actual circumstances of fashion and comfort in playing.
From now onwards I guess that the tennis female players will have to dress in some fashion as the nuns do and male will need to wear the priest's clothing.
The associations always are surprising the fans with their decisions.In this case a ridiculous one which puts in evidence that some of their directive members are peoples of old concepts on what the sport is concerned.
The complete info can be read (unfortunately in Spanish) in the follwing address:
http://ar.sports.yahoo.com/14012009/43/d-sports-tenistas-sexys-1000-euros-castigo.html
Thanks for reading...

Marpiw: despite our previous discussions, i must say i am with you on this one. the whole thing is preposterous. Alize's outfit is actually very nice and i have seen far worse on Serena and Bethanie...

Element54
01-16-2009, 03:15 AM
(EVEN MEN?)

It would be sexist just to fine women over their dress code.

David_Is_Right
01-16-2009, 03:31 AM
What a joke. Would the IOC ever issue fines for skimpy 100m athletics outfits?

At least the 1000 Euro fine is a bargain in terms of the publicity it will buy for Alise.

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-16-2009, 04:03 AM
I feel bad for her, getting a whole bunch of unneeded attention from authorities that never had sex in their life.

DJG
01-16-2009, 08:31 AM
I feel bad for her, getting a whole bunch of unneeded attention from authorities that never had sex in their life.

... and her outfit is not that bad. Time for black plastic bags...

danb
01-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Thanks for reading...

OMG! What a shame! With so many good looking women on the tour ITF should ASK them to dress as sexy as possible.
Then ATP wonders why tennis is ranked 27 in USA.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
01-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Roddick sold away "nude tennis lessons" (he was just in his undies and in shoes.) He should be fined! D:<
feel the sarcasm.....

EDIT: Here's the outfit: http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp289/SLASH_N_DASH/610x.jpg

I don't see how it's too sexeh.

Dilettante
01-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Since Alize Cornet played in the Hopman Cup with a somehow sexy outfit all the tennis aurthorities have decided to fine every player (EVEN MEN?) who appears on the court with what they would consider a sexy outfit.

If that's true, how can the organization of that tournament be so ********.

veroniquem
01-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks for reading...
They must be desperate for cash, I mean what objective consensual definition are they gonna find for "sexy"? :rolleyes: (At least now I understand why Rafa gave up the sleeveless, he probably was in grave danger of being banned from the tour for unbearable level of sexiness :???:)

LanceStern
01-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Venus Williams wears sjorts that barely cover the connection between her thigh and waste-bones.

They don't fine her!

Leublu tennis
01-16-2009, 11:11 AM
What a joke. Would the IOC ever issue fines for skimpy 100m athletics outfits?

All the female field athletes wear the skimpiest clothes. Look at the avatar for Oranges.

random guy
01-16-2009, 11:57 AM
In the name of good manners, morality, family, justice and global peace I sincerely support such sensible decision from their holiness authorities. Problem is that maybe people would start to find sexy woman's (and men) knees so I think a full robe and accessory mask is in order.
Everybody should look at this girl as a role model in terms of tennis fashion
http://images.google.com.ar/imgres?imgurl=http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/04_03/evertMOS1904_468x706.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-560743/Why-I-nun-tennis-star-Andrea-Jaeger.html&usg=__D_M-Nl673pazARjKQcSdO4z1r78=&h=706&w=468&sz=37&hl=es&start=2&um=1&tbnid=z4PQuslKL-P4kM:&tbnh=140&tbnw=93&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnun%2Btennis%26um%3D1%26hl%3Des%26cli ent%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:es-AR:official%26hs%3Dv1v%26sa%3DN

PS: nothing against this girl really, she seems like a nice person.

tacou
01-16-2009, 12:24 PM
hahah I hope you're joking

marpiw
01-16-2009, 03:25 PM
I think you would also suggest that the headquarters of the tennis associations should be moved from their actual locations to some office in the Vatican in which the Holy Mother Church could exert some control over the outfits and the manners of the tennis players...and all should be blessed by His Holiness The Pope Benedict XVI...WOW!!!! WHAT A SPEECH!!!...but I think they are not interested in the subject because they have lots of more important things to do...so you are left alone to suffer this Sports Inferno that are the Tennis Tournaments...POOR BOY!!!
Personally I dont want to see nuns and priests playing Tennis...I want to see the players that are now in the circuit... never mind the outfit...In the name of good manners, morality, family, justice and global peace I sincerely support such sensible decision from their holiness authorities. Problem is that maybe people would start to find sexy woman's (and men) knees so I think a full robe and accessory mask is in order.
Everybody should look at this girl as a role model in terms of tennis fashion
http://images.google.com.ar/imgres?imgurl=http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/04_03/evertMOS1904_468x706.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-560743/Why-I-nun-tennis-star-Andrea-Jaeger.html&usg=__D_M-Nl673pazARjKQcSdO4z1r78=&h=706&w=468&sz=37&hl=es&start=2&um=1&tbnid=z4PQuslKL-P4kM:&tbnh=140&tbnw=93&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnun%2Btennis%26um%3D1%26hl%3Des%26cli ent%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:es-AR:official%26hs%3Dv1v%26sa%3DN

PS: nothing against this girl really, she seems like a nice person.

kelz
01-16-2009, 04:32 PM
No se encontró el documento !

crazylevity
01-16-2009, 04:41 PM
My interest in the WTA just plummeted from minimal to none at all.

raiden031
01-16-2009, 04:54 PM
What would a man have to wear for it to be considered too sexy?

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7223/232853461do7.jpg

moonbat
01-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Do you have any pix of Rafter modeling skivvies? Moya doesn't do it for me. ;)

Mick
01-16-2009, 10:54 PM
i don't believe that article (which is no longer there)
I would have believed it if it had stated that some puritan american tennis organization started this but the europeans, they are too liberal minded to pursue such a thing :)

Ronny
01-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Bunch of ******s...that outfit is not revealing, have they even seen the outfits by Bethanie Mettak?

random guy
01-16-2009, 11:53 PM
I think you would also suggest that the headquarters of the tennis associations should be moved from their actual locations to some office in the Vatican in which the Holy Mother Church could exert some control over the outfits and the manners of the tennis players...and all should be blessed by His Holiness The Pope Benedict XVI...WOW!!!! WHAT A SPEECH!!!...but I think they are not interested in the subject because they have lots of more important things to do...so you are left alone to suffer this Sports Inferno that are the Tennis Tournaments...POOR BOY!!!
Personally I dont want to see nuns and priests playing Tennis...I want to see the players that are now in the circuit... never mind the outfit...

Just for the record... it's clear that I was joking right? I'm actually a big fan of the best leg and other female issues thread :)

raiden031
01-17-2009, 03:35 AM
Do you have any pix of Rafter modeling skivvies? Moya doesn't do it for me. ;)

Lets get this straight. I don't *have* any pics of guys in their underwear. I did a google image search to have something funny to post.

lovecr717
01-18-2009, 09:20 PM
i dont find cornet's outfit is sexy

moonbat
01-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Lets get this straight. I don't *have* any pics of guys in their underwear. I did a google image search to have something funny to post.

Heh, sorry about that. (Not that there's anything wrong with it.) ;) I just thought you might have found Rafter in your underwear search.

NoobWannabe
01-18-2009, 09:55 PM
I find that Cornet is sexy, and the her outfit is also sexy, and that's the way it should be. If anything they should ban people who wear un-sexy clothes....and reward people who wear nice looking stuff.

RCizzle65
01-18-2009, 10:22 PM
OMG! What a shame! With so many good looking women on the tour ITF should ASK them to dress as sexy as possible.
Then ATP wonders why tennis is ranked 27 in USA.

Link to sports rankings in the USA?
And wtf at the fine, that outfit isn't even bad! Our girls tennis team outfits were probably 'sexier'!