PDA

View Full Version : Forehand dipping

TNEU91
01-16-2009, 05:22 AM
The majority of my forehands seem to dip in the service box leaving sitters for their forehand. Would adding lead tape effectively allow me to gain more depth?

wihamilton
01-16-2009, 05:39 AM
Hi TNE. I doubt lead tape is the answer. Sounds like a technical problem. Perhaps you aren't swinging through the ball enough. Can you be a little bit more specific? Are your forehands falling short with no topspin / lots of topspin / etc.? A better understanding of how the ball is moving might lend some clues to potential errors in your technique.

Bottle Rocket
01-16-2009, 05:52 AM
The majority of my forehands seem to dip in the service box leaving sitters for their forehand. Would adding lead tape effectively allow me to gain more depth?

I think racket modification or racket switching should only be done once the mechanical issue with your stroke has been fixed.

Not swinging through the ball enough, as the previous poster mentioned, is the first thing that comes to mind. I see a lot of newer player that have recently discovered top spin that hit extremely loopy balls, often completely lacking depth. Sounds like that is what is goin on here?

Check this thread and the links within:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=145484&highlight=table

TNEU91
01-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Hi TNE. I doubt lead tape is the answer. Sounds like a technical problem. Perhaps you aren't swinging through the ball enough. Can you be a little bit more specific? Are your forehands falling short with no topspin / lots of topspin / etc.? A better understanding of how the ball is moving might lend some clues to potential errors in your technique.

I get low-medium net clearance but balls dip right away. After thinking about it im pretty sure its because of to much brushing and not hitting through the ball. I am going to try to record a video on Sunday.

TNEU91
01-16-2009, 03:56 PM
I think racket modification or racket switching should only be done once the mechanical issue with your stroke has been fixed.

Not swinging through the ball enough, as the previous poster mentioned, is the first thing that comes to mind. I see a lot of newer player that have recently discovered top spin that hit extremely loopy balls, often completely lacking depth. Sounds like that is what is goin on here?

Check this thread and the links within:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=145484&highlight=table

I think you hit it right on the head, thanks ill this weekend with video.