PDA

View Full Version : Equivalent NTRP Ratings in Asia?

bookem
02-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Hi everyone...

I'm looking for information regarding player ratings in Asia, specifically in Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Philippines, Vietnam, and Australia for upcoming tournaments.

Can anyone provide insight on the equivalent of US NTRP 4.0 and 3.0 ratings in these countries? The ITF International Tennis Number (ITN) Conversion chart doesn't address these countries.

Thanks in advance. Would appreciate any and all input.

Mahboob Khan
02-22-2005, 07:00 PM
They do have the conversion chart and I thought that was enough. Anyway, visit their website: www.oncourtassessment.com. I am sure you will find the requested information there. Also: www.itftennis.com/itn.

Noelle
02-22-2005, 07:42 PM
Never heard of a rating system here in the Philippines.

bookem
02-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Mr. Khan...

Thanks for the response but the ITN Conversion Chart is Eurocentric (although US and Canada are there). No Asian equivalents are listed as of the June 04 chart...

bookem
02-22-2005, 07:45 PM
Noelle...

If there isn't a rating system in the PI, how does PHILTA categorize the different playing levels in non-professional tournaments?

Noelle
02-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Actually, I just said I never heard of a ratings system in the Philippines, which just meant I didn't know if there was one.

There's a website for the Phlippine Tennis Association (http://www.philta.com) but I've been surfing around on it and can't seem to find out how they categorize the playing levels for league play (if there even is a standardized league program). It seems like there are two kinds of tournaments: open level, and age groups. I'm not sure where skill level fits into these.

International Tennis Numb
07-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Actually, I just said I never heard of a ratings system in the Philippines, which just meant I didn't know if there was one.

There's a website for the Phlippine Tennis Association (http://www.philta.com) but I've been surfing around on it and can't seem to find out how they categorize the playing levels for league play (if there even is a standardized league program). It seems like there are two kinds of tournaments: open level, and age groups. I'm not sure where skill level fits into these.

The ITN has been officially adopted by Singapore, Hong Kong, India and several other nations are looking to implement it including Japan.

I suggest you do an ITN On Court Assessment which is an objective method to find out your true rating at www.oncourtassessment.com