PDA

View Full Version : best tension for me?

tsongaali
01-16-2009, 05:07 PM
I use the old yonex super rd tour 90, and I am constantly needing more power from it. Will putting a tension at 55lbs be a good idea? So far I have been using it with psgd 15L @ 60 and hollow core @ 60 but it really needs a lot of swing to get pace. Also I don't want to use lead since the racquet is heavy enough. All I want is more power. Btw I only want to use psgd from now on.

am22fcw
01-16-2009, 05:16 PM
yea lowering the tension will definitley give you more power

StevenLaurence
01-19-2009, 12:30 PM
String the crosses lower than the mains for a little more pop! if your using all Syn.Gold.

Max Winther
01-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Also, a thinner gauge will give you more power too if your not concerned with the slight dropoff in durability.

fuzz nation
01-20-2009, 06:02 AM
I've noodled around with the MP Tour-1 mids - I know, different frames, but not too different - and when I strung one of them up toward 60 lbs with syn.gut, the sweetspot disappeared and the frame had no gas at all. I think that a lower tension and maybe a thinner gauge of string would be smart. My experience with PSGD was not so hot - I'd recommend a sampling of Prince's Original Syn. Gut without the Duraflex, too just in case the PSGD is too clunky feeling.