PDA

View Full Version : Solinco String Review

Infl8edEg0
01-16-2009, 08:39 PM
I've never heard of this company before, but my uncle gave me a pack of one of their hybrids, so yea. K guys, here's pics of the string job. They don't look too bad.

Direct links to package pictures:
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j97/shuriken62/DSC_0168.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j97/shuriken62/DSC_0167.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j97/shuriken62/DSC_0247.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j97/shuriken62/DSC_0245.jpg

Infl8edEg0
01-16-2009, 08:42 PM
They're strung at 47lbs Mains, 49lbs cross on a KBlade Tour

Company Name: Solinco
Name of Poly Strings: Revolution 18 (1.15mm)
Name of Multi Strings: Tru Feel 16 (1.30mm)

Stringing Experience: These strings were easy to string. The poly strung like normal poly, but to me felt a bit easier than usual. Also there was a slight bit of stretching that I could notice. The multi also was easy to string. It stretched a bit, but not to the extent of a syngut. Not much else to say.

I'm going to hit with these tomorrow, so I'll probably post a hitting review.

Infl8edEg0
01-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Aite, I played with these strings today. Strung on a KBlade Tour if you haven't figured it out already.

Aesthetics: They look sick 10/10

Spin Production: It has about even spin as my usual setup. My topspin balls did seem to have a bit more kick in them. The spin was also more...control. While my Leopard setup has spin, it's more an uncontrollable spin where it can produce it, but it won't do exactly what I want it to. Kinda hard to explain. 8/10

Comfort: They were extremely comfortable, but not as soft as Big Ace. I have a lot of arm issues, and if I use stiff string my arm will start hurting. 10/10

Control: This is where I was most impressed; every ball just seemed to somehow drop onto the line. I would whack a ball, groan, then be amazed. Painting the lines was ridiculously easy for me. 10/10

Power: I would say that these strings have a slightly, but noticeably, more power than my current setup. I could easily control the ball into the court. It didn't have much as, say, CyberBlue, but there was definitely more "oomph" in each shot. I prefer having a bit less power, so this was almost exactly what I wanted. 9/10

Touch/Feel: Unfortunately, I did not have enough time to test this type of shot too much, but from what I was able to do (a few drop shots and controlled pickups) I would say it has feel.

Durability/Break-in Period: I don't break the poly usually in my setups, but the cross (usually multi) in 1-2 weeks, so I really can't comment on that. The break-in period, I thought there was virtually none, but the only way to find out is by playing with these strings tomorrow.

Conclusion: Where can I get more of this?

ag200boy
01-18-2009, 07:00 AM
damn those look nice and sound even better!

Tennis_Crazed
01-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Do you know where your uncle bought those strings for you?

Infl8edEg0
01-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Do you know where your uncle bought those strings for you?

unfortunately no. :( I'm probably gonna ask him to get me a whole bunch more of these after I finish my Leopard reel.

Has anyone found out/ know anything about this brand?

fluffy Beaver
01-18-2009, 02:22 PM
I saw it on some chinese websites. Just google it up, I don't want to post to competitor websites.

And is the cross string anything like rip control?

fluffy Beaver
01-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Actually, on the website, it says "germany imported"

Infl8edEg0
01-18-2009, 02:25 PM
I saw it on some japanese websites. Just google it up, I don't want to post to competitor websites.

And is the cross string anything like rip control?

I really can't say because I've never played with it before, and I've never played with the mains with another cross, sry

StevenLaurence
01-19-2009, 12:13 PM
They are from Germany. Klinekathofer KG.

ag200boy
01-19-2009, 01:15 PM
They are from Germany. Klinekathofer KG.

would you, by any chance, know how to get a couple sets?

Infl8edEg0
02-04-2009, 06:56 AM
Update: I found out this about the strings really quickly, but didn't have time to post this. The strings, imo, have absolutely horrible tension maintenance. They went dead in 2-3 days. That's bad for me, because I generally play with my usual setup until they break (1-1.5 weeks). This is the first time I've had to cut strings out cuz they felt like complete crap.

The control that I initially felt went away about a day later, and the balls started going long. The first day they were amazing, second day about average, 3rd-on...don't need to say anymore. The "amazingness" i felt initially might have been just "I got new sick-looking strings" kinda feelings, because I prefer my normal setup much better. I went back to a fresh set of leopard/isospeed...my game improved notably.

LafayetteHitter
10-20-2009, 07:56 AM
Solinco getting a little heavy with the push for selling this stuff on these boards in the last 24 hours.

ipitythefool
10-20-2009, 08:03 AM
^ I myself started a thread on Solinco Tour Bite, but am not a distributor whatsoever :) I heard that Solinco brand is heavily and aggresively being marketed in college level and also on tour. Though also heard that Solinco Tour Bite is a great (cheaper) alternative to Lux Rough. I will be receiving a set to try soon...

babolat15
10-20-2009, 10:26 AM
I also started a thread about there strings in general which got deleted. I personally play with tour bite and it is superb. I am not a distributor of Solinco and was not selling anything....but people and TW are viewing it as soliciting so i have stopped

davidahenry
10-20-2009, 03:13 PM
I also started a thread about there strings in general which got deleted. I personally play with tour bite and it is superb. I am not a distributor of Solinco and was not selling anything....but people and TW are viewing it as soliciting so i have stopped

On the thread that got deleted, I inquired about how close Tour Bite plays to Alu Rough. So... How close does Tour Bite play to Alu Rough?

Alu Rough has been my exclusive string of choice for over a year. I don't have any plans to switch away from it... yet. But if Tour Bite plays VERY similarly to Alu Rough and is less expensive, I will certainly give it a try. I am not too concerned with tension maintenance - as I am used to only getting about six good hours out of a set of Alu. Playability is what is most important to me. You know, being able to generate the kind of "ball dropping right out of the air topspin" that I get with Alu. It's sick.

Thanks.

DH

InsideOut94
11-29-2009, 05:02 PM
I just recieved a set of the Revolution set. looks so much more better strung than in person. can't wait to hit with it.

downs_chris
11-29-2009, 05:18 PM
any idea on the cost of these solinco strings?

mrmo1115
05-26-2010, 08:12 AM
How does Tour Bite compare to PHT?

I'm assuming Tour Bite works better as a full poly setup?

I currently use PHT/VS Hybrid

lcklar
06-29-2010, 12:03 PM
I understand they actually had talks with Del Potro to hit their frame before it got nixed and he went to Wilson BLX frame. The Tour Bite has good bite but you may need to dial it down to 20% or less due to tensile stiffness. Otherwise good string....

genius24
06-29-2010, 07:22 PM
I understand they actually had talks with Del Potro to hit their frame before it got nixed and he went to Wilson BLX frame. The Tour Bite has good bite but you may need to dial it down to 20% or less due to tensile stiffness. Otherwise good string....

oh really??? didnt know about del potro... i heard donald young was using tour bite too:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=335760

Boricua
04-15-2011, 12:34 PM
I just recieved a set of the Revolution set. looks so much more better strung than in person. can't wait to hit with it.

What was you impression of Solinco Revolution? Any other person has used it?:)

Up&comer
04-16-2011, 04:09 AM
What was you impression of Solinco Revolution? Any other person has used it?:)

Dude. The last post was a year ago....