PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference in performance

kashgotmoney
01-16-2009, 10:00 PM
I have searched the threads and cant find any USEFUL information on this.

Anyways,
what are the advantages of full bed poly and what are the down sides

what are the advantages of multi in cross and poly in mains and downsise.

These strings will be used in my new ozone tour and want a little more information before i buy it

Tempest344
01-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Full bed of poly will give you a bucketload of spin and a very dead feel (possibly a dead arm too)

SchreckTennis
01-17-2009, 02:02 AM

Anyways,

These strings will be used in my new ozone tour and want a little more information before i buy it

From what I can tell and what I've read...

A full poly bed should have lots of spin and be durable, but is known for rampant tennis elbow.

And the advantage to a multi cross / poly mains was supposed to be that the crosses soften up the poly a little (resulting in less tennis elbow and I think more power) and it is more durable than a full multi stringjob. I havn't really heard any downsides...maybe it doesn't hold tension well and goes dead faster, but I can't confirm that.

princemidplus
01-17-2009, 02:18 AM
i tried full poly and found it very dead with little feel. lots of spin and reduced power so easier to control but little feel for softer touches. lasts me forever - haven't managed to break it yet.

i now play poly mains and syngut crosses (multi in crosses breaks too quickly for me while syngut lasts a bit longer). the poly in the mains holds tension like all poly - not very well and goes dead quickly. get enough spin and control from it. the syngut stays more flexible (as much as the poly allows it to) while providing more feel, power and softness so as not to cause tennis elbow. lasts about a month and a half now although the syngut stretches slowly to the point where it is so thin it looks like it will snap at any moment. usually cut it out when it becomes to thin and stretched.

vndesu
01-17-2009, 03:16 AM

Anyways,

full poly
-durability
-power and spin
-well controlled.
-loses tension fast
-dead feeling after few weeks dpending on which poly

poly/multi
-better feel
-tension wont drop as fast but itll still drop
-good spin and power but depending on which strings you get.

id recomend a hybrid of alu power crosses and x1 or nrgs mains.

auzzieizm
01-17-2009, 03:39 AM
Full poly setups always give me alot of highs and lows. For the first hour or so, the strings feel perfect! Everything just seems to work. Then as time progresses, the string just seems to become more inconsistent. I gravitate towards softer copolys with higher tension retention too, but I still get the same effect. One of the things that I notice with full poly setups is that they seem to be awesome when taking big cuts at the ball. It seems almost impossible to hit the ball out. Good spin capabilities, low power, and good control. However, I get much more of an inconsistent response on blocked back shots, touch shots, most swings that are less-than-long. On some blocked shots, I can't get enough on them, others seem to float long or into the net, and then again sometimes it may feel perfect. Basically, it becomes hard to gauge what type of swing I need to be effective. On touch shots, I get a similarly inconsistent response. I have only tried full Blue Gear, full Big Ace, and full CyberBlue setups. Each time, I had visions of the setup being perfect, but that never seems to be the case. I seem to click best with a syngut or multi cross string hybrid. Just makes more sense as far as my game is concerned. Hope this helps!

hoodjem
01-17-2009, 07:05 AM
When I have tried full poly beds (not too often) there was in addition to no feel for the ball, rather a hard "plasticy" feel.

I'm sticking with hybrids.