PDA

View Full Version : AO 2009 main draw men's singles

Thor
01-17-2009, 05:03 AM
Havent seen a thread so i created a new one.
Murray on Nadals side,Djokovic on Fed's.

Rafa seems to have a cupcake draw until the quarter(simon/monfils)
Federer probably wont lose a set until the semis
Djokovic has a potential clash with Nalbandian(although Nalby will probably lose before)

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/draws/ms/index.html

bjk
01-17-2009, 06:30 AM
Nearly all the Americans are in the same quarter of the draw. Roddick, Querrey, Fish, Reynolds, Delic, Kendrick and Dent are all in the same Djokovic quarter. The only ones that leaves out are Blake and Spadea and Isner and Ginepri. And Odesnik, he got through qualifying. Looks like Young didn't bother to show up for qualifying, and lost the wild card tournament to Isner.

veroniquem
01-17-2009, 06:41 AM
Havent seen a thread so i created a new one.
Murray on Nadals side,Djokovic on Fed's.

Rafa seems to have a cupcake draw until the quarter(simon/monfils)
Federer probably wont lose a set until the semis
Djokovic has a potential clash with Nalbandian(although Nalby will probably lose before)

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/draws/ms/index.html
A cupcake draw that includes Tursunov, Gasquet, Gonzalez, Hewitt, Monfils and Simon :shock:? I'm gonna adapt Zagor's signature a little: rule #1: a cupcake draw is what Nadal gets... Ok that makes sense :???:

Thor
01-17-2009, 07:18 AM
A cupcake draw that includes Tursunov, Gasquet, Gonzalez, Hewitt, Monfils and Simon :shock:? I'm gonna adapt Zagor's signature a little: rule #1: a cupcake draw is what Nadal gets... Ok that makes sense :???:

Oh do learn to read - Tursonov,Gonzo,Monfils and simon are potential quarter final opponents for nadal.
Yes,Nadal has a joke of a draw for the first 3 rounds,and unless Gasquet will do a tsonga(and assuming he'll reach the 4th round) Nadal should not have a problem before the quarters.

Safin Fed 3rd round will be a straight setter.

One match im looking forward to - Blake vs Gulbis in the 3rd

veroniquem
01-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Oh do learn to read - Tursonov,Gonzo,Monfils and simon are potential quarter final opponents for nadal.
Yes,Nadal has a joke of a draw for the first 3 rounds,and unless Gasquet will do a tsonga(and assuming he'll reach the 4th round) Nadal should not have a problem before the quarters.

Safin Fed 3rd round will be a straight setter.

One match im looking forward to - Blake vs Gulbis in the 3rd
Apparently , you're the illiterate one, Tursunov and Haas are potential 3rd round opponents, 4th round opponents are Gasquet, Canas, Hewitt or Gonzalez and Simon and Monfils are quarters. THERE IS NOTHING IN NADAL' S DRAW THAT QUALIFIES AS CUPCAKE. (Sometimes I wonder what one has to do to cut through the layers of bad faith of some thickskulled posters :rolleyes:)

Thor
01-17-2009, 07:40 AM
So Haas, Hewitt, Rochus, Tursunov and Canas are incredibly tough players, but Safin, Lopez, Del Potro and the others in Feds draw are ****-easy opponents? This thick-skulled poster is confused :roll:

Yes,Tursonov Canas,Haas and Hewitt are all known as giant killers.
They are entering this event in the best shape of their lives.
Such young and upcoming talents,they all have such a bright future ahead.

Nadal,as well as Fed,have easy draws.I think youre confusing the world no1 who beat Hewitt and Gonzo Easily in the Olympics with some D1 player.If you think this is a tough draw please let me know what u think is easy.

Ivanisevic
01-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Ancic vs Karlovic and Tipsarevic vs Cilic look like thrillers