PDA

View Full Version : Great Setup for a Yonex...

ezylman
01-17-2009, 07:55 PM
I have been experimenting with different setups with my Yonex RDS 003 and I have found a setup that has made the racquet come to life. I strung the mains with Wilson Super Spin 16 at 60 pounds and did the crosses with Babolat Super Fine Play 17 at 57 pounds and the thing has come to life. Previously it was strung entirely with the Wilson string at 55. Not bragging, just thought I would share my success in case you want to give it a try.

Schills
01-17-2009, 09:31 PM
I string my RDS001 MP frames from 60 to 63 lbs for both mains and crosses and like the way they feel.

robJAR
01-17-2009, 09:40 PM
How is super spin playability wise? I heard that string doesn't really live up to its name and has terrible durability.

-robJAR

ezylman
01-20-2009, 07:29 AM
I break Top Spin in less than a week and I had to cut out the last set of Super Spin that had been in for a month and I hit hard with a ton of both slice on the backhand and topspin on the forehand. Using the 17g crosses, I am expecting the crosses to break first and then I will just reweave them. I would definitely suggest giving them a try. You can get a set for around $10 or so if you can string yourself.