PDA

View Full Version : Babolat durablast

Surfy111
01-18-2009, 01:50 AM
Anyone tried it out?
Iis saw this at the store...im looking for a quite durable string + loads of control...Will thius suite me??
If not how does it play...

Automatix
01-18-2009, 01:53 AM
Don't you mean: DuraLAST?

If so it's a 1st generation poly. One of the worst strings found on earth.
Checkout NickB's Poly Reviews.

swedechris
01-18-2009, 02:03 AM
yes duralast it must be right??.. i tried that a few years ago..in france , it was durable. no feel at all .. didnt like it. the claim is that nadal has or is still using it , dont know if that is true or not.

TennezSport
01-18-2009, 06:10 AM
Yes it's Bab Duralast and yes Rafa still uses it, 15L strung in his racquet at 55lbs (24.9kg). It is also sometimes seen re-labeled PHT-Nadal. As Automatix and NickB have stated, it a first generation poly that is very harsh with no feel at all (unless you like playing with cement strings). We tested it here in 2007 and found the same results, even at low tensions below 50lbs (22.7kg); horrible string IOHO.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

SmAsH999
01-18-2009, 01:26 PM
if it's good enough for rafa...
I'd give it a try, can't hurt.

ag200boy
01-18-2009, 01:38 PM
if it's good enough for rafa...
I'd give it a try, can't hurt.

actually.... pretty much everything in that statement is incorrect. just because rafa uses it does not mean it is a good string for anyone else, he hits the sweetspot every time and swings exceptionally fast, so he needs a stiff string, while most people would be better with a softer string, and this is coming from someone who strings most polys at 60+ pounds, also it CAN hurt, if it gives you tennis elbow or any kind of arm pain

Dave M
01-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Look, bottom line is, if Nadal uses Babolat Duralast then there must be something good about them... they are actually on E bay and I am thinking of stocking up. Go Rafa!

You are a marketing teams dream!
THere really isn't much good about it at all,I find PHT is much easier to play with.If Babolat thought they could sell it as Nadals string and people would buy it they would, but most of the time they'd get a couple of sales and that'd be it.The polys they have brought out since have evolved nicely.But I would recomend buying a couple of sets to try before stocking up if you haven't already.If however you play in the style of Nadal then please disregard my comments and get 'em while you can!

Surfy111
01-19-2009, 05:40 AM
THANKS everyone

McLovin
01-19-2009, 05:45 AM
Actually, there is a string called DuraBlast, but its made by Gamma:

http://206.210.94.83/assets/product_full/gdb_large.gif

However, everything said about DuraLast stands for DuraBlast...

StevenLaurence
01-19-2009, 10:46 AM
DuraLast is a great string, and it looks like Roddick is using it on his mains. The 16 and 17ga is softer than the 15L on the arm. I know several players in Europe that use the 15L on the mains and 17ga on the crosses for super spin. USA players use Hurricane and Europeans use DuraLast, might explain why we are getting are butts kick all over the world.