PDA

View Full Version : Federer interview in Australia (Kooyong)

vtmike
01-18-2009, 04:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89g7phzY-zU

He says he will be back to win wimbledon this year! Lets hope he gets it this time and beats Pete's record of 14 slams....:)

David L
01-18-2009, 05:22 AM

He says he will be back to win wimbledon this year! Lets hope he gets it this time and beats Pete's record of 14 slams....:)
He said he would be back to hopefully win Wimbledon again. He obviously can't say he is going to win it before the fact.

aphex
01-18-2009, 06:00 AM
how you *******s can hate this guy so passionately is beyond me...

R_Federer
01-18-2009, 06:57 AM
Go Roger! I really wish he wins AO because that will leave him with a shot to break the record at FO or Wimbledon. At FO it would be great because it would mean a career slam and probably also beating Nadal on clay in the final (if he does win I'm saying). But ya French Open is obviously really hard because of Nadal...but if not then he has the chance to break the record at Wimbledon, that would be a great story too winning the title back, if he does it. Remember he just barely lost last year, it was a really close match which could have easily went Federer's way even despite not showing up literally for the first 2 sets.

vtmike
01-18-2009, 07:18 AM

Exactly! I can't seem to understand that either........

thejoe
01-18-2009, 07:20 AM
There has been no "******* action" in this thread. From what I can infer, David L is a Federer fan, and even if he isn't, then that doesn't make him a "*******." Don't jump down the guy's throat for pointing out what is essentially, a fact.

I don't think Roger will have any problem motivating himself, when there is so much for him to play for.

vtmike
01-18-2009, 07:30 AM
There has been no "******* action" in this thread. From what I can infer, David L is a Federer fan, and even if he isn't, then that doesn't make him a "*******." Don't jump down the guy's throat for pointing out what is essentially, a fact.

I don't think Roger will have any problem motivating himself, when there is so much for him to play for.

I think he isn't referring to David L but some others who go around spreading hate.......

And yeah its really good to see him motivated!

R_Federer
01-18-2009, 07:37 AM
Its funny, people are saying Federer's dominance is over. If you look at it, he could have easily won Wimbledon, he won the US and now if he wins Aussie that would have been winning the last 3 Slams. However of course he didnt get Wimbledon so even with Australian Open victory here he would have won the last 2 slams.

aphex
01-18-2009, 07:43 AM

i'm not talking about david obviously...i'm talking in general...

TheMusicLover
01-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Its funny, people are saying Federer's dominance is over. If you look at it, he could have easily won Wimbledon, he won the US and now if he wins Aussie that would have been winning the last 3 Slams. However of course he didnt get Wimbledon so even with Australian Open victory here he would have won the last 2 slams.

Well, it's a fact that Fed has lost a lot more often - and to 'minor' players - last year than in the three years before. Combine that with his 'old' (LOL!) age, and you can see where the decline-stories are coming from.

It's more a matter of Fed himself having been able to set the bar so ridiculously high the past four years that any 'slip' is immediately regarded as a decline. I don't see him coming back to the same form as during those years, but I certainly expect him to continue making his mark during the slams! :)

Lendl and Federer Fan
01-18-2009, 03:24 PM

I hope he can break Pistol's record before Wimbledon. :)

veroniquem
01-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Exactly! I can't seem to understand that either........
Try some tolerance and open-mindedness, people have different tastes and opinions. Have you ever seen a presidential candidate win elections with 100% votes (in a democracy)? No? Well, it's the same here, you have to accept that there will always be dissenting points of view (and it's very healthy IMO)

TheMusicLover
01-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Try some tolerance and open-mindedness, people have different tastes and opinions. Have you ever seen a presidential candidate win elections with 100% votes (in a democracy)? No? Well, it's the same here, you have to accept that there will always be dissenting points of view (and it's very healthy IMO)

Dissenting points of view are fine - stupid bashing because of one's personal prejudice against a player isn't...

That said, I haven't seen anything of that in this thread. Hopefully it stays that way. :)

Mansewerz
01-18-2009, 06:47 PM
I'll have to rewatch, but from what I remember, I remember he said that Nadal and his match at Wimbledon was what tennis fans were waiting for. Sounds like he hit the nail on the head with that quote. It really helped bring more attention back to tennis.

my_forehand
01-19-2009, 06:00 AM

how you *******s can hate [Nadal] so passionately is beyond me...

From the interviews - he seems so humble; it's hard to hate him. On court, not so sure.

P.S. I'm a Federer fan.

veroniquem
01-19-2009, 07:04 AM
Dissenting points of view are fine - stupid bashing because of one's personal prejudice against a player isn't...

That said, I haven't seen anything of that in this thread. Hopefully it stays that way. :)
Stupid bashing was much more violent against Nadal than it has ever been against Fed but you can't know that because you're a new user and since Nadal has won W and become #1 the bashing has toned down a lot.