PDA

View Full Version : Please provide me with technical feedback >:)

guedoguedo
01-18-2009, 10:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkofIvwkH3k

NickC
01-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Move forwards when you hit the ball. You're not stepping in and moving forward when you hit. Try that. Other than that good stuff. Keep it up.

mtommer
01-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Time sections 1:14 and 1:34. Take a look at these two.

On both of these sections you get your body much more involved in the stroke. It's because you have to do this.

Conversely, with the other hits you're robbing yourself of some pace by not using your entire body with your shot. Your shots look really good and I think it's time for you to take it up to the next level. Getting your body involved more will allow you to do this.

LeeD
01-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Ha ha...
I suspect you're a pretty good player, and few of us really gives you any competition.
Ringer !!

guedoguedo
01-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Great feedback, i really appreciate it. I had a lesson today and infact the major outcome was that I need to:
-Use less arm, more core and rotation
- keep my eye on the ball after contact, do not lift head
-rotate the body around on fh and backhand rather than arming it, and the shot will be more efficient and powerful. I think davydenko is a good example of doing this.

In the video the bad backhands i hit i use my arms with little torque and the ball lacks any oomph. There a couple i hit well but still dont really turn on the ball and rotate my feet after the shot. And on the bad forehands i am falling backwards. Lots to work on!

Bagumbawalla
01-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Well, in addition to the things you mentioned, which are correct, you need to seriously work on movement- anticipating the return, moving toward the most probable return location, making adjustments as needed, geting into position early and setting up to make the stroke.

Your strokes, forehand and backhand, should be, as much as possible, the same stroke every time- with your body, your feet, your balance and momentum the same each time.

In this short video, you are hitting the ball high, low, off your back leg, with your leg in the air, arm at awkward angles- seemingly inventing a new technique for every shot.

Get your foot work down, try to hit the ball as much as possible in the comfort zone-move forward, back or bend the knees to acomplish that, and your strokes will improve much more quickly.

BullDogTennis
01-19-2009, 05:58 PM
um, sometimes your feet a bit slow. and sometimes you lean back when you hit into the ball. make sure you really lean into it. rather than that you really hit the ball well.

Petekbladetour1
01-20-2009, 06:59 AM
Great feedback, i really appreciate it. I had a lesson today and infact the major outcome was that I need to:
-Use less arm, more core and rotation
- keep my eye on the ball after contact, do not lift head
-rotate the body around on fh and backhand rather than arming it, and the shot will be more efficient and powerful. I think davydenko is a good example of doing this.
added-MORE FOOTWORK!!!!

what u think about my "feedback"?

SaunderS
01-20-2009, 07:38 AM
Nice jumping backhand!