PDA

View Full Version : fischer pro1 shrunk/rounded???

autumn_leaf
01-18-2009, 05:17 PM
i just restrung my fischer pro 1 red/black 320g at 57m/55x and it's shorter now...

i have read somewhere on this forum that this racquet rounded more when stringing the mains and crosses a few pounds in difference but i didn't think 2lbs would cause it.

original size is 26 3/4 inches. right now it's 26 1/2. so it's loss a little less than a quarter of an inch.

should i just out the strings or wait a day to see if it goes back to normal?

string is gosen og micro 16g

william7gr
01-18-2009, 05:35 PM
What machine?

autumn_leaf
01-18-2009, 05:56 PM
What machine?

gamma x-2

10char

Mansewerz
01-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Same thing happened to me on an ATS super stringer. Make sure you mount it securely. Haven't had many problems when securely mounting it. (I have changed machines, but it shouldn't really matter.)

Also, how did you measure 26 3/4? I thought it was 27 inches? Is yours like mine with a very odd butt cap? My butt cap seems deformed and dented. Is that the original look?

autumn_leaf
01-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Same thing happened to me on an ATS super stringer. Make sure you mount it securely. Haven't had many problems when securely mounting it. (I have changed machines, but it shouldn't really matter.)

Also, how did you measure 26 3/4? I thought it was 27 inches? Is yours like mine with a very odd butt cap? My butt cap seems deformed and dented. Is that the original look?

i took a measuring tape. yea. it's been well known that fischers didn't make their standard racquets full 27 inches. i believe NBMJ commented on this some time ago. i have 5 fischer pro 1 red/black and they all measure ~26 3/4.

the butt is strange. it dents its way to a point in the middle. i don't mind it.

i'm pretty sure i mounted it just fine. i even changed out the spacers due to the changing beam width and made sure the stand was as far apart as can be without moving before finally mounting it.

so does anyone recommend me cutting out the strings to the racquet? cause i'm gonna be stringing up some more tomorrow. and don't want a repeat of today.

Mansewerz
01-18-2009, 07:39 PM
i took a measuring tape. yea. it's been well known that fischers didn't make their standard racquets full 27 inches. i believe NBMJ commented on this some time ago. i have 5 fischer pro 1 red/black and they all measure ~26 3/4.

the butt is strange. it dents its way to a point in the middle. i don't mind it.

i'm pretty sure i mounted it just fine. i even changed out the spacers due to the changing beam width and made sure the stand was as far apart as can be without moving before finally mounting it.

so does anyone recommend me cutting out the strings to the racquet? cause i'm gonna be stringing up some more tomorrow. and don't want a repeat of today.

I have the same version. i never knew this about the length. Did you mount it the same way as almerickso on youtube? I'd wait for bud, he does a lot of stringjobs on the x-2.

autumn_leaf
01-18-2009, 08:02 PM
I have the same version. i never knew this about the length. Did you mount it the same way as almerickso on youtube? I'd wait for bud, he does a lot of stringjobs on the x-2.

yep. did it pretty much the same way and checked if it was loose at the end of mounting it....

autumn_leaf
01-19-2009, 03:52 AM
well the frame didn't go back to normal length this morning so i decided to cut out the strings. luckily after that it returned to normal length. i'll be giving it another shot tonight, hopefully it'll go better.

sorry that i couldn't wait to cut out the string b4 hearing the rest of the boards advice but i rather spend the extra time restringing than further risk deforming my frame.

with that said i would still like to hear other's advice on this subject.

ag200boy
01-19-2009, 06:31 AM
well its a v flexible frame, so you can expect some racquet deformation when stringing

wksoh
04-21-2009, 12:22 AM
I have this same problem. Racquets that come prestrung by manufacturer are 2mm longer. After I cut out the string and sent the racquets to my local stringers, they came back shorter by 2-3mm and are rounder.
The same thing happened on my Gamma progression 100 drop weight and Eagnas FLex100 - 2mm shorter.

The racquets that come prestrung by manufacturer serves way better - I can direct the ball downwards and can put in more power.

Maybe someone can help advise... I'm stuck with this riddle for 3 years..

autumn_leaf
04-21-2009, 11:38 AM
I have this same problem. Racquets that come prestrung by manufacturer are 2mm longer. After I cut out the string and sent the racquets to my local stringers, they came back shorter by 2-3mm and are rounder.
The same thing happened on my Gamma progression 100 drop weight and Eagnas FLex100 - 2mm shorter.

The racquets that come prestrung by manufacturer serves way better - I can direct the ball downwards and can put in more power.

Maybe someone can help advise... I'm stuck with this riddle for 3 years..

i don't have this problem anymore, i think i just didn't secure it in the stringer good enough the first time, never had to deal with rounded frame after that.

that being said the problem is most likely due to the racquet not being mounted correctly or if you string the mains a lot tighter than the crosses. if crosses are a lot tighter than you might end up with a more oval shaped frame.

wksoh
04-21-2009, 10:13 PM
i don't have this problem anymore, i think i just didn't secure it in the stringer good enough the first time, never had to deal with rounded frame after that.

that being said the problem is most likely due to the racquet not being mounted correctly or if you string the mains a lot tighter than the crosses. if crosses are a lot tighter than you might end up with a more oval shaped frame.

Thanks leaf.. I'll try stringing the crosses at different tension to see if I can bring the racquet back to it's correct shape... ^^

autumn_leaf
04-22-2009, 05:58 AM
Thanks leaf.. I'll try stringing the crosses at different tension to see if I can bring the racquet back to it's correct shape... ^^

just curious, what tension were you stringing the racquet at? I've heard others had the rounding problem with flexy racquets when there war ~5-6 lbs difference. I do 2lbs difference with crosses being lower and found no problem

Richie Rich
04-22-2009, 07:15 AM
it's all about mounting the frame properly, as already discussed above. you have to be really careful with 2 pt mount machines

Bud
04-22-2009, 08:15 AM
just curious, what tension were you stringing the racquet at? I've heard others had the rounding problem with flexy racquets when there war ~5-6 lbs difference. I do 2lbs difference with crosses being lower and found no problem

It also makes a difference if you use something like poly mains and SG crosses as must take into account the string stiffness differential.

On frames with very flexible hoops (i.e. Radical, PT280/630)... stringing the mains with a poly and the crosses with a SG may produce minor deformation... especially if the mains are strung at a higher tension.

Bud
04-22-2009, 08:15 AM
it's all about mounting the frame properly, as already discussed above. you have to be really careful with 2 pt mount machines

It has nothing to do with 2-point machines. Correct mounting must be performed regardless of the machine.

Richie Rich
04-22-2009, 09:04 AM
It has nothing to do with 2-point machines. Correct mounting must be performed regardless of the machine.

fair enough. but it seems 2 pt mount machines require a little more attention to correct mounting than 6 pt machines

wksoh
04-22-2009, 06:58 PM

Altogether, I bought 8 rackets from TW = 2 LM instincts, 4 Speedport Tour, 2 LM Rad OS. They are either prestrung by manufacturer or TW. Shots are less "floaty".

since I have at least 2 racquets of each model, I kept one of each model "uncut" in it's original prestrung state by manufacturer / TW as controls.

All racquets had same length from the start. I had half of them strung on my 2 point drop weight & also by 2 local pro shops. After that I notice they are rounder and shorter than the controls I have kept.
For each racket, I string all round 54, 55lbs, 56lbs, 57lbs & 58lbs with Gamma/Forten/Eagnas Syn 16, Prosupex BA 1.25mm.

Sad to speak, I find myself endeared to the manufacturer prestrung / TW strung rackets at full 27 inches. They simply serve better and slice lower than "rounded" racquets.

I think both the manufacturer and TW stringers know something when it comes to stringing - or they have better mountings in their machines.

Bud
04-23-2009, 12:55 AM
Altogether, I bought 8 rackets from TW = 2 LM instincts, 4 Speedport Tour, 2 LM Rad OS. They are either prestrung by manufacturer or TW. Shots are less "floaty".

since I have at least 2 racquets of each model, I kept one of each model "uncut" in it's original prestrung state by manufacturer / TW as controls.

All racquets had same length from the start. I had half of them strung on my 2 point drop weight & also by 2 local pro shops. After that I notice they are rounder and shorter than the controls I have kept.
For each racket, I string all round 54, 55lbs, 56lbs, 57lbs & 58lbs with Gamma/Forten/Eagnas Syn 16, Prosupex BA 1.25mm.

Sad to speak, I find myself endeared to the manufacturer prestrung / TW strung rackets at full 27 inches. They simply serve better and slice lower than "rounded" racquets.

I think both the manufacturer and TW stringers know something when it comes to stringing - or they have better mountings in their machines.

It has nothing to do with the mounting... for the umpteenth time. It's either the tension differential and/or the string stiffness between the mains and the crosses.

Is your poly in the mains and SG in the crosses?

Bud
04-23-2009, 12:59 AM
fair enough. but it seems 2 pt mount machines require a little more attention to correct mounting than 6 pt machines

I disagree. 2-point mounting with a proper load spreader is easier and just as effective as 6-point mounting.

wksoh
04-23-2009, 06:30 AM
It has nothing to do with the mounting... for the umpteenth time. It's either the tension differential and/or the string stiffness between the mains and the crosses.

Is your poly in the mains and SG in the crosses?

OK.. got ya.. :)
No hybrid; No tension differential
Full poly: 54lbs all round.
Full synthetic 16: 55, 56,57,58 all round.
Mains = crosses, no tension differential.

Richie Rich
04-23-2009, 06:36 AM
I disagree. 2-point mounting with a proper load spreader is easier and just as effective as 6-point mounting.

i agree, if you assume the stringer knows what they are doing.

from what i've read around here it seems that most posts related to stringing issues tend to come from people who use 2 pt mount machines. this may be because 2 pt mount machines, especially table top models, are bought by beginner stringers - who may not know how to mount and secure the frame properly.

i'm not here to pick an argument with you or derail the thread. just giving my opinion.