PDA

View Full Version : Safina at Medibank

ryushen21
01-18-2009, 07:31 PM
I just finished watching the rebroadcast of the Safina/Dementieva final at Sydney. I wanted to see what you guys thought about that match.

Safina seemed a bit off in the first set but then came back in the second really just crushing Dementieva. And then in the third set went back to being off.

I know this isn't an issue of athleticism because Safina is in great shape coming into the new year. So is this just something to attribute to nerves? She just didn't seem to have her usual confidence in her shots and it seemed like something was bothering her the whole match.

What are your thoughts?

TheNatural
01-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Dementieva just drives her crazy be getting so many balls back. Safina has more powerful more fluent swings than Dementieva but she sometimes gets carried away and sprays too many shots. Safina can be a bit of a headcase sometimes. She needs more variety in her shots, instead of just smashing the ball all of the time.

I just finished watching the rebroadcast of the Safina/Dementieva final at Sydney. I wanted to see what you guys thought about that match.

Safina seemed a bit off in the first set but then came back in the second really just crushing Dementieva. And then in the third set went back to being off.

I know this isn't an issue of athleticism because Safina is in great shape coming into the new year. So is this just something to attribute to nerves? She just didn't seem to have her usual confidence in her shots and it seemed like something was bothering her the whole match.

What are your thoughts?