PDA

View Full Version : Prince Ex03 racquets, the answer to stringers complaints about speedports?

Mansewerz
01-18-2009, 07:43 PM
I was looking at the holes on the Graphite, and I noticed that there were grommet holes incorporated with the speedport/O3 holes. Are these like the string hole inserts?

either way, is this prince's reply to the many angry stringers not being able to get the boomerangs to string the prince frames?

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/big/PXOR-4.JPG

tennisfreak15347
01-18-2009, 07:47 PM
hmm, it looks like it. The O3 series, they had optional grommet inserts to make the grommets more normal. Instead of doing that, I think they just made the option incorporated into the frame. However, we'd still need boomerang tools, correct? (that is, if the customer requests the use of the O3 holes)

Mansewerz
01-18-2009, 08:01 PM
hmm, it looks like it. The O3 series, they had optional grommet inserts to make the grommets more normal. Instead of doing that, I think they just made the option incorporated into the frame. However, we'd still need boomerang tools, correct? (that is, if the customer requests the use of the O3 holes)

I'm not sure if you can have it without the holes built into the O3 holes.

SFrazeur
01-18-2009, 08:12 PM
I find Prince a pain in the *** to string in general, awkward string patterns and the stupid ports, holes.

Never strung one with that boomerang tool however. Does it make it any less annoying?

-SF

Mansewerz
01-18-2009, 08:19 PM
I find Prince a pain in the *** to string in general, awkward string patterns and the stupid ports, holes.

Never strung one with that boomerang tool however. Does it make it any less annoying?

-SF

The ones I've done were done using a table brake, so i'm not sure about the boomerang.

jim e
01-18-2009, 08:22 PM
According to the Prince web site:
It is recommended to use a table-brake when stringing all
EXO3 racquets.

They did say you could use a red boomerang, for the red, or the silver boomerang for the silver, and to use the break for the graphite, but to be honest I feel there can be additional friction loss of tension with the boomerang, and the break is the only logical solution to string these up.