PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to see Dementieva win a major.

bluetrain4
01-19-2009, 04:11 PM
I've always liked her. Great strokes, great movement. Nice girl. No excuses, owns up to her service problems, but soliders on. Not a a lot of drama, doesn't complain, gives her opponents credit.

Not a "head case" by any means, but sometimes doesn't "show up" in big matches and starts hitting too many errors.

I fully believe she has the talent to win a Slam (and she's been in 2 Slam finals). The Olympics mean different things to different players. But, I think it was a huge deal to Dementieva to win the gold last summer and really upped her confidence even though it wasn't a Slam.

TheTruth
01-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Don't forget how feisty she is. Elena speaks her mind a lot, but she's such a pretty girl she gets away with it. She looks so demure and everything...

But, I agree with you, she has been a constant in the top ten, always plugging away, and seems like a genuinely nice person. It would be nice to see her get a slice of the pie!

Feņa14
01-19-2009, 06:00 PM
I like her but I wish they wouldn't show her!

We have Gasquet against one of the biggest movers of the last year rankings wise, who is playing lights out tennis. What do Eurosport choose to show? Dementieva scrapping around, fun! :|

Fee
01-19-2009, 06:01 PM
I would like to see her win a major too. She seems like a nice, smart, hardworking woman. She does speak honestly, but she can usually do it without coming across as mean or hurtful. Even if she never wins a major, she has an Olympic gold medal and she says that means a lot to her personally.

She has a nearly perfect figure (to me). I wish my legs looked as fantastic as hers. She is absolutely gorgeous in person.

Toxicmilk
01-19-2009, 06:09 PM
I like her but I wish they wouldn't show her!

We have Gasquet against one of the biggest movers of the last year rankings wise, who is playing lights out tennis. What do Eurosport choose to show? Dementieva scrapping around, fun! :|

Ah, that is very unlucky of you aha. My provider allows me to watch all the ongoing matches on 5-6 separate channels on 2 different receivers. so I chose to focus the 2 receivers on the gasquet and dementieva matches. fun fun.

But yeah, I'd love for her to do well! Woot woot

Feņa14
01-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Ah, that is very unlucky of you aha. My provider allows me to watch all the ongoing matches on 5-6 separate channels on 2 different receivers. so I chose to focus the 2 receivers on the gasquet and dementieva matches. fun fun.

But yeah, I'd love for her to do well! Woot woot

Lucky! We get Eurosport and Eurosport HD, half the time they have different matches on each so it's no problem... this time though they fancy putting Dementieva on both =/

On the plus side, she does look even better in HD :)

halalula1234
01-19-2009, 06:13 PM
sometimes she screams on court when she looses a point its sometimes very funny I like her

boredone3456
01-19-2009, 06:20 PM
I to want to see her win a major. She really should have won one of those two slams in 04, but she choked badly against Myskina and was injured against Kuznetsova, and in reality I think she is at her core better then both of them. The Olympics definitely gave her a huge confidence boost, and I really hope this is her year to lift a grand slam trophy. She is on a hot streak now so maybe the Austrailian will be hers, but I would actually watch out for her come this years US Open, that has always been her best major, and if she is gonna win one..I think that will be it.

skip1969
01-19-2009, 06:38 PM
well, brad gilbert likes her and thinks she's one of the favorites. how's that for being born under a bad sign?

naturally, she struggled a bit today.

zacinnc78
01-19-2009, 06:45 PM
I would like to see her win a major too. She seems like a nice, smart, hardworking woman. She does speak honestly, but she can usually do it without coming across as mean or hurtful. Even if she never wins a major, she has an Olympic gold medal and she says that means a lot to her personally.

She has a nearly perfect figure (to me). I wish my legs looked as fantastic as hers. She is absolutely gorgeous in person.

i couldnt agree more about her legs....namely her thighs :twisted:....and i agree with everything else i like watching her play and those sounds she makes :)

grafrules
01-19-2009, 08:05 PM
I to want to see her win a major. She really should have won one of those two slams in 04, but she choked badly against Myskina and was injured against Kuznetsova, and in reality I think she is at her core better then both of them. The Olympics definitely gave her a huge confidence boost, and I really hope this is her year to lift a grand slam trophy. She is on a hot streak now so maybe the Austrailian will be hers, but I would actually watch out for her come this years US Open, that has always been her best major, and if she is gonna win one..I think that will be it.

Yeah when you think about it 2004 could have been her year. She could have been the only player to win 2 majors that year. She really probably should have won both those finals, especialy the French Open final.

bluetrain4
01-19-2009, 08:07 PM
She didn't play too well today, that's for sure. But, if she can avoid the upset, she tends to pick it up as the tournament goes on.

anointedone
01-19-2009, 09:47 PM
I have no faith in her. She is a huge headcase. Last years U.S Open I remember all the hype about her winning the title after her Olympic win, even by Tracy Austin and the USA team, and she goes out and plays a miserable semifinal and loses to Jankovic.

tacou
01-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Dementieva is gorgeous and this is her best chance to win a slam in awhile, I hope she does!

MarrratSafin
01-20-2009, 02:10 AM
I want Dementieva to win too!:) Absolutely love her, my favourite WTA player. She's so pretty and nice, and it's great watching her when she's on form, her groundstrokes are fantastic. But today I watched her 1st round match and she wasn't playing too well. Hope she'll play better as she gets further in AO!

0d1n
01-20-2009, 04:13 AM
I'm on the same bandwagon ;).
I think she deserves a slam. May it be this year ... otherwise I don't see it happening.

Rhino
01-27-2009, 11:49 PM
Me too, this could be her moment!