PDA

View Full Version : Watching Rafa Live

pricey_aus
01-20-2009, 04:55 AM
In all honesty, If you are a tennis fan, Rafa liker or not, you HAVE to watch him live.

I watched him last year, and I forgot the intensity, the topspin, and the ball getting ability that he has, oh, and did i mention intensity?

Seriously, not to sound like i am sucking rafa's as*, but it is amazing. He is truly i pioneer, and love him or hate him, youve got to admire him, and he's play.

Im in awe!

D. Dokas
01-20-2009, 05:04 AM
i just saw the rafa, chris somehting match
i am amazed rafa is playing awesome i must say

galain
01-20-2009, 05:11 AM
It's often surprising how different some players are when you see them playing in person as opposed to the tv. I was never an Agassi fan - thought he was overrated and overhyped - and then I saw him play in person and I couldn't have been more impressed.

Same thing with Thomas Johannsen - never gave him much of a thought but I was courtside once for one of his matches and I think to this day he's the pro that's left the biggest impact on me.

Nadal looked the goods on the tv today - must have been something else to have been there in person to see it.

pricey_aus
01-20-2009, 05:14 AM
^^

Defintely. he just gets everything back and rarely makes errors.

I was sitting in the stand thinking

"how do you beat this guy? how is it even possible? hit it away from him, he hits it deep, heavy cross-court. Hit it too him, he crunches it away from you!" He even served 10 aces! its crazy i tell yah, and i think im jumping on the nadal bandwagon.

Hello nadal_freak!

miyagi
01-20-2009, 05:35 AM
I haven't seen him live.....yet but he looked awesome today!

I wonder if he can keep it up if he can play like this I would love to see him play Murray....

Nadal_Freak
01-20-2009, 06:06 AM
^^

Defintely. he just gets everything back and rarely makes errors.

I was sitting in the stand thinking

"how do you beat this guy? how is it even possible? hit it away from him, he hits it deep, heavy cross-court. Hit it too him, he crunches it away from you!" He even served 10 aces! its crazy i tell yah, and i think im jumping on the nadal bandwagon.

Hello nadal_freak!
I'm glad you see the light. There are however many people still in the dark. :lol:

Element54
01-20-2009, 08:25 AM
I wish I could but tickets are too hard to get!

veroniquem
01-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Nadal is breathtaking! Best form I've seen from him in a while too. He seems to have been improving his serve a lot. Looks promising for the rest of the year...

seffina
01-20-2009, 08:56 AM
Nadal is breathtaking! Best form I've seen from him in a while too. He seems to have been improving his serve a lot. Looks promising for the rest of the year...I hope so, I really, really hope so. He looked great yesterday and I hope whatever improvements they've made in the off season carries him into the finals.

I'm planning on seeing him live this year in Cincy. Hopefully it brings him good luck there. Wish it wasn't so far away.

veroniquem
01-20-2009, 09:34 AM
I hope so, I really, really hope so. He looked great yesterday and I hope whatever improvements they've made in the off season carries him into the finals.

I'm planning on seeing him live this year in Cincy. Hopefully it brings him good luck there. Wish it wasn't so far away.
It's a good idea to go watch him in a smaller tournament. He's most impressive when you're close to the court. Even during practice, the way he whacks the ball and his accuracy are intimidating!

drakulie
01-20-2009, 09:39 AM
If you think watching him play a match live is AWESOME, I suggest you watch him practice. >>> It is down-right scary. his intensity is multiplied 100times when practicing.

saram
01-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Live is the only way to appreciate any professional tennis player--whether practice or match play. I saw DY live as well as John Isner. And, even DY was impressive live....:)

0d1n
01-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Never saw him live, and I'm CONVINCED he is awesome.
However, don't jump on the bandwagon too soon with regards to today's match, poor C Rochus was never going to be serious opposition for Nadal.
It's just a bad bad ...BAD to the extreme match up.

Rochus relies on opponents who make mistakes, he's a consistent, fairly fast grinder. Nadal is just a better grinder, with twice as much power, and who never misses. He can also attack in ways that are untouchable for players like Rochus.
Just wait until you see him play against somebody who can attack and hit through the court more before getting TOO excited about his form ;).
Just my 2 pence